WK 5 Oak Hill (3-1) @ Minford (4-0)

Tremonti1
Riding the Bench

Re: WK 5 Oak Hill (3-1) @ Minford (4-0)

Post by Tremonti1 »

You got that right Falconfan. Gonna make some noise for our boys on Friday. Play 4 quarters, execute on offense, react to the ball on defense and we'll be ready to rock n' roll 8)

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

Not impressed that Oak Hill has beat a young Rock Hill team or Northwest. Most teams will look good playing them. What is impressive about Minford is their team speed. They have seven or eight that run a 4.6 or better. I think Minford wins big.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

IMO if we had Drew Cannon back and healthy the game would be completly different! 8) 8)
In reality I think the Oaks can come out with a good win and be happy with it. Go Oaks!

I-Town Baller
Waterboy

Post by I-Town Baller »

Good luck to Slone and the Oaks

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

I agree that Oak Hill's opponents have not been strong. Minford's have not been very impressive as of yet either. The have beat 4 teams with a combined record of 3 wins and 13 losses.
Minford may have a really nice team, but still wouldn't surprise me if they finished 4th overall in the league. Time will tell. Good luck to both teams.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

pigskinguru wrote:I agree that Oak Hill's opponents have not been strong. Minford's have not been very impressive as of yet either. The have beat 4 teams with a combined record of 3 wins and 13 losses. Minford may have a really nice team, but still wouldn't surprise me if they finished 4th overall in the league. Time will tell. Good luck to both teams.
4th in the league, you cannot be serious.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Why couldn't he be serious? Minford has to play Burg and West in league play along with Waverly, non of whom are anywhere close to being a pushover.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Guys, Guys, I dont know why we are arguing with these other posters. Minford never has gotten respect and never will until we put together a consecutive streak of winning seasons, so IMO our boys need to go out punch em' right in the mouth on the first series and send them back to Oak Hill remembering why there in the SOC I and not the SOCII. :122246 :122246 :122246
Last edited by MuletownManiac on Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Yes, We have a really nice team .
Golly Wow !!

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

I didn't say Minford wouldn't or would beat Oak Hill. All I said was that I wouldn't be surprised if you finished 4th in the league. One has nothing to do with the other. Burg, West and Waverly have nice teams also, and Valley is playing well earlier on.

You ever notice how it is ok for Minford fans to say how the are going to push other teams around, but if someone mentions anything about them possibly not finishing in the the top of the league, they get all defensive.

Oak Hill is in the SOC I because of number size not talent. Oak Hill did fall on hard times for a number of years (which happens to most small school teams), but take a look at record books and you'll see that Minford has not dominated Oak Hill on a regular basis. It would not surprise me if Oak Hill has more wins than losses when facing the Mighty Minford Falcons. Good Luck. The Burg, West, and Waverly are soon on the horizon and you will get a chance to shut up all the naysayers.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Good luck to Minford!! THE MIGHTY FALCONS! GOOO!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Minford leads the all-time series 14-13

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Minford' s opponent's overall record is just 3-13 while Oak Hill's opponents are 4-12.

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

wow :122246

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

minford........can you say physicality :lol: :lol: :lol:
is that how you spell it LIL-BOW WOW :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

The Falcons under Coach Daniels is building a winning program, it is not something you can due over a season or two. I do see a bunch of good things happing in the Minford Football Program. Also finishing 1st or 4th in the SOC II remains to be seen. But I will tell you one thing; the Falcons will come to play hard each and every game and will be focused one game at a time. By beating any of the W’s will be a plus for our program or any program, and if by change we beat then all would be great to our program. So good luck to the Falcons they have worked very hard over the summer as most good teams do. Right now focus on the Oak Hill Oaks, and get another win for Minford.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

big train,,now thats outta balance :lol: :lol:

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

Nice :oops: :oops:

Tremonti1
Riding the Bench

Post by Tremonti1 »

gimme the toe son 8) :lol:

awesomepossum
Freshman Team

Post by awesomepossum »

pigskinguru wrote:
You ever notice how it is ok for Minford fans to say how the are going to push other teams around, but if someone mentions anything about them possibly not finishing in the the top of the league, they get all defensive.

Yeah, it's called being a fan. Every team is like that.

Return to “Football”