WK 5 Jackson (4-0, 1-0) @ Gallia Academy (2-2, 0-1)

ironman02
SEOP

Re: WK 5 Jackson (4-0, 1-0) @ Gallia Academy (2-2, 0-1)

Post by ironman02 »

Painful memory. In fact, there are too many of those. I don't think it's wise for me to get into "most memorable" mode when it comes to Gallia Academy games. lol

Jared actually handled the snap...he just lost the ball fighting for the goal line. Jackson turned the ball over 5 times that night...one of those fumbles was even returned for a TD. They also missed the game-tying extra point...twice. That game in 2004 proves that anything can happen on a Friday night. You have to be focused and execute or you will lose. Simple as that.

Jared sure was great at Jackson though. I really miss watching him play football. He made the right decision for his future though...doing extremely well at Kent State on the diamond.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

That is really my point. I saw Jared play several times and I never saw a guy who had such a will to win and literally carry the team on his shoulders. Then with his attempt to end the "streak" even Jared was unsuccessful. Based on that i agree Jackson better come prepared Friday night. Oh and one more thing. Hold onto the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jared played very well against GAHS in 2003 and that was yet another game that Jackson let slip away. I couldn't believe the series of events that occurred for GAHS to get the win in that one, but that's the way it went. Jared was pretty ill for the 2004 game, but he played and gave everything he had. I wish things would have turned out differently those nights because I know how bad Jared and his teammates wanted those wins, but it just was not to be.

Last year's team finally got the job done though. They came up with a great defensive effort and made the plays when they had to. Let's hope that they can continue that trend and get another win on Friday.

attitude
Waterboy

Post by attitude »

Jackson by 12! (the maturity, humility, and wisdom of some of the folks on here is incredible!! ;-) )

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Good points 2old & 02..... How did Gallia ever pull those games out... I guess that is my point......Expect the unexpected.... The better team doesn't always come away with the victory..... O2, I will probably be hanging out around the GAHS foodbooth at halftime.... 4ever is usually in that same area and he has my permission to point me out.... LOL

goldeneagle54
Waterboy

Post by goldeneagle54 »

If there's any team gallia knows its jackson..in the past they've been pretty predictable maybe not so much now. we may not have the talent we have had in the past or the defense, but its gallia vs. jackson anything can happen.

I say 7-6 gallia, the blue play with pride and pull it out. A new streak begins........

Dudley87
Waterboy

Post by Dudley87 »

This thread is a complete waste of time..... We should start a thread about football.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

superblue wrote:Good points 2old & 02..... How did Gallia ever pull those games out... I guess that is my point......Expect the unexpected.... The better team doesn't always come away with the victory..... O2, I will probably be hanging out around the GAHS foodbooth at halftime.... 4ever is usually in that same area and he has my permission to point me out.... LOL

Sounds good. I'll make my way over there during halftime.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Finally! Somebody talking about football on a football thread! I had to wade through so much baloney (schedule-hating, personal attacks, kindergarten slap fighting) to get back to the game, I almost forgot that this is about prep football.
Anyway, I always look forward to Jackson-Gallipolis. It could be a long night for the Blue and White with all the injuries, but there's always a little magic at Memorial Field. I haven't kept up too closely with the Ironmen this season, but 4-0 speaks for itself.
Good luck to both teams! May God grant you a fast track and an injury-free game!
And, Posters, please play nice! Don't make me turn this thread around!

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Witness,

Everyone knows i do not like to pick on a poster in his or her first stab at posting( i usually wait until the second) however in your case I am going to forget my benevolent self and help you out from the beginning.

You complain about some of ther banter on this topic. Now let us examine your "insightful post"

1. It has been said countless times on this thread many people look forward to the Gallia -Jackson game. Try to look for original thought.
2. It has been previously stated that it could be a long night and that Gallia has injuries.
3. You get points for saying mem. Stadium is Magical. Kind of sounds like Disney World to me.
4. You admit you don't know much about Jackson. Heck don't let that stop you. It does not bother anyone else on this forum.
5.Yes I think injury free has been noted more than let us say the scheduling situation.

The point being you come in here and gripe yet bring nothing new to the table. Now if you had come in and "played nice" and not complained I would not have pointed out the vanilla flavor of your post. But if you can't add anything to the discussion post away, but don't complain.

Now play nice.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

2OLD, these newbees are to easy.... They need to spent some time on the cheerleading forum before they run with the big dogs....LOL

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

where superblue needs to be

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Blue,

You know i hated doing that on his or her first post but quite frankly it is uniforemed post like that, that get to me. i guess we all have our own style. If you hear an EMS it may be the posters going in for stitches.

Hey Blue, I see you have some distractors. keep the faith.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Thanks for the encouragement 2old..... I can handle these guys on my own... 7462 really brings a lot to the table.. Just go back and read his posts.... Some of these guys must be Jesters............LOL...........

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

2old wrote:LDF,

I have decided to let you wounds heal until you make a worthy post. Keep trying. Learn more about SE Ohio football. You know a little about Gallia and you know Ironton is a safe bet for Gallia to bow down to. Outside of that the facts and you seem to be strangers. If you hang around someday you may be a decent poster. i would recommend you ease up on emotion and just try to sneak a fact into your posting.

2old there are no wounds that need mending...As long as you don't trash our program we will be fine....You must remember each program you trash have students atheletes that are attached. Gallia will never bow down to Ironton because there is 2 much respect between the programs. I have plenty of facts...No comment you have made has warranted any facts..

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

just a little more than you bring to a table.

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

Looks like there is gonna be good weather for the game friday.....Did I hear correctly that Ethan Moore will be back Friday?

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

I remember that quite well was the first time we went that deep in the playoffs.... was a great run....this game will be a good one to watch...like i sais before..it never matters what the records are or how the schedules are, when these 2 teams face you throw everything out the window because all of that is irreleavant...I think both teams will come out with something to prove and will be a hard fought game...I am getting more and moe excited each day... Good post 4 ever...

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

gahs4ever wrote:Oh.......................BTW the year was 1999.

Now, now, 4-ever you are not talking about "this century". :roll:

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

Looking forward to this game. With a little luck and hard work I think we can beat the Ironmen. I think there running game will be tough and I am sure with our injuries we will have to play mistake free football. As with most games, I think whoever wins the turn over battle will win and I beleive special teams will have a lot to do with this win. GO BLUE

Return to “Football”