WK 5 Jackson (4-0, 1-0) @ Gallia Academy (2-2, 0-1)

ocho stinko
JV Team

Re: WK 5 Jackson (4-0, 1-0) @ Gallia Academy (2-2, 0-1)

Post by ocho stinko »

Ironman 92
I bet 20ld played end, guard, and tackle. He sat on the end of the bench, guarded the water, and tackled anyone that got near it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Wellston education must explain poor spelling and grammar!! :lol: :lol:
Go Ironmen!!!

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

2old wrote:Blue,

i like the staff. They should not be under pressure.

But Blue, i am just not feeling good about the Devils this week. these two teams seem to be headed in opposite directions. Beside i want jackson to be undefeated when the Logan game comes around.

2old,
True. The GAHS coaching staff should not be under pressure. Coaches have no control over some of the things that affect their programs, injuries being chief among them.
However, as many of you fine SEOP posters know, POLITICS always plays a role, and that's where the pressure comes from. Just sayin'.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Just think if we could eliminate all the mistakes our coaches make, how good we could really be? We got lucky tonight but also Jackson was overrated. Good job boys and the coaches better bow to you tonight.

Tom and Jimbo you make me laugh.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Congrats to Gallia Academy on the win....and good luck.

brutus161
Waterboy

Post by brutus161 »

Wow! I wish I could have been there.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This is a shocker---CONGRATS to Gallia

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

How is it shocking? Every poster from Jackson and Gallia KNEW this could very well happen.

I thought Jackson would win...but have zero shock they lost to Gallia at Gallipolis.

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

Our 2nd string QB GREW UP tonight in front of our eyes. You seen him every snap gain confidence. Nate Allison ran well. But really as much as everyone complains about coach Nidays offense, He called a BRILLIANT game. a great Mix of run and pass.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

i noticed you deleted all of your posts from the logan/itown thread. thats funny.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

A couple of thoughts......first off, again congrats to Gallia Academy on the win.

How as Jackson overrated? By regional computer points.....record.....schedule.....rankings of this site?

They played 4 games and were 4-0.....computer points earned, record was flawless, schedule no one said it was tough....maybe some of the people who post on here their rankings had them too high (myself included on my one time rundown of my top 10)

There simply isn't much of any credibility of any rankings on here so if that is what you were speaking of then ok.....saying Jackson was overrated IMO takes away from the team that just defeated them. If they were overrated then why were they ahead 28-14 during the 4th qtr on the road?

Gallia Academy made a valiant and successful comeback to an undefeated league foe........don't take anything away from the kids who were a part of it just to give a little jab at Jackson.

Fun in the Sun
Freshman Team

Post by Fun in the Sun »

GAHS getting the "W" in this game just has to KILL one poster on here , that bad mouth the Blue Devils every opportunity he gets .

Congrats to Blue ....... best hitting game of the year !!

Good Luck to the Ironman !
Last edited by Fun in the Sun on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

Gallipolis was very well prepared and beat a good Jackson team. Ethan Moore stepped up and did a great job passing as well as running. Jared Graveleys run at the end was "old school', Cj Harrisons hit was great. Nate allison ran the ball with heart and Bo Whaley steeped up as well as Quinton Nibert. I could go on and on about many more players but this game was won with heart. The Devils gutsy 2 point conversion was fantastic, I thought we were going to force them to use a time out and then kick it to tie, they did use there time out and we went for it. What a great game, like every Jackson-Gallipolis game it seemed to have everything. Jackson has a fine team and I am sure will go on to play well the rest of the year. I hope the rest of the Devils games are as exciting as this one. GO BLUE

Fun in the Sun
Freshman Team

Post by Fun in the Sun »

....and GAHS O-line ! Clint , X , Kyger , Daniels , Gordon and others !!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

How many turnovers did each team have and how crucial were they? I ddi catch the Jackson fumble on the first play with 2:00 left in the 4th qtr.....obviously that was critical....were there other turnovers by each team?

goldeneagle54
Waterboy

Post by goldeneagle54 »

nothing like a gahs vs. jackson game to get you fired up. great game blue proud of all of you..gut check from coach B to go for two in order to take the lead!

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

Gutcheck to say the least, if he misses he is a idiot to some if he makes it he is a hero to some. I am glad he went for it. This game had the first play for a TD, a long pass for a TD an interception for a TD, a "carriying the d line in" for a TD and of course a gutsy 2 point conversion, as well as crucial turnovers by both teams. I think the Devils eventual go ahead TD was a 96 yard drive. WOW!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It certainly takes guts....and I was listening on the radio with zero pressure......but Gallipolis had just driven down the field on a 96 yard drive with little resistence....I thought it was a no-brainer after already missing and XP and after the multi-successful drive.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Congratulations to Gallia Academy. Their kids played their hearts out and TOOK the game from Jackson. Unbelievable fourth quarter by the Blue Devils. I knew that this game would be crazy...just didn't think the Ironmen would end up on the losing end this time around.

Jackson had their chances to win this football game, but they could never put the game away. The killer instinct just wasn't there. I'm obviously disappointed, but I'm kind of used to this type of thing when Jackson goes to Gallia Academy. We need to start making plays in the 4th quarter against these guys instead of trying not to lose. GAHS makes the plays to win the game when it counts and we don't.

I can't believe that Jackson ran for more than 8 yards per carry in a football game and actually lost. Our defense just couldn't get a stop after they've played pretty well all season. As we've said all week...it's Jackson-Gallia Academy...anything can happen and it usually does. It sure did tonight...again.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

First off, congrats to The Blue Devils! You fell behind early, but you never got down. Other than the first play of the game, I thought you tackled well tonite. Allison is a running back. Gravely is a beast. The pump fake by Moore and the double move by Whaley was picture perfect. The o-line blocked extremely well. Absolutely in my top 5 of favorite all-time high school games. The call by coach to go for 2 down 28-27 was gutsy to say the least. Good call coach. I have never before been any more proud to be a Devil fan than tonight.
Now, let's keep it going, and get ready for Portsmouth.

I think ol' 2old missed the boat on this one! Headed in the downward spiral, my hiney. :122245

Army
S

Post by Army »

WOW :!:

Congrats Gallia Academy :!: :-D

Return to “Football”