ATownWarrior wrote:
alexanderspartan wrote:Meigs 4-0
+
Nelsonville-York going into 2 overtimes with 0-4 Wellston
+
a janitor running the show for York
=
A Meigs Victory!

(EDITED BY OZZIEOHIO) im tired of getting on different post and seeing consistantly calling out coach boston, based on the fact that he is a janitor. you have embarrased the alexander community with remarks like the ones above. do us all a favor and either shut it, or stop putting boston down on every forum.

as far as officials. there are two places you can always count on the refs lending a helping hand. 1.) is glouster. the tomcats can always find refs who will pitch in at the shingle inn(spelling). 2.) is welston. the rockets always rind refs who can find a holding call in a basketball game. regardless when it comes down to it the teams decide the outcome.

i think i will pick NY in this one. cant help but feel that they have meigs outmanned.

As for Coach Boston his record tells it all. He is following right in is his fathers foot steps and trust me I am not a big NY Buck Fan but he has a great football program !!!

Okay now ur stepping on my toes. When your talking about the Trimble Tomcats. Give me a break on the cheating issue. DO not go there with me I know several Football games where there were several bad calls against us. As for the Shingle Inn everyone stops in there for a beer or two its the local hang out after the game!!

Your always going to have someone complain about cheating but leave the Tomcats out of it!!!

Good Luck Bucks and Tomcats

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: WK 5 (4-0, 1-0) Meigs @ (3-1, 1-0) Nelsonville-York

Post by loganlocos »

Good Luck to the Buckeyes from up 33 in Logan.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Meigs big in this one. At least two touchdowns

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Nelsonville by 3 TDS

ny_buckeyes60
Waterboy

Post by ny_buckeyes60 »

:lol: i love it when yall talk this smack about meigs and nelsonville and heck how did trimble's name get into this all i can say is GO BUCKS :twisted:

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

after a short investigation. . i concur . . . . with wellston not being bad

but everyone takes it their own ways. . .I say wellston and meigs are more than likely pretty close to evenly matched teams. .

nelsonville takes this game 34-21

welfarewillie
Waterboy

Post by welfarewillie »

Like we used to tell players on the field running their traps at each other, "let the pads do the talking and just keep your mouths shut.

Let the game be for the players. Almost agree with some of things happening on East Coast. Play the game before the student body and let the adults stay at home. And most of the adults do act in a sportsmanlike manner but some ruin it for others. A few so called adults ruin it for others.

rut151
Freshman Team

Re: Week 5: (4-0, 1-0) Meigs @ (3-1, 1-0) Nelsonville-York

Post by rut151 »

ATownWarrior wrote:
alexanderspartan wrote:Meigs 4-0
+
Nelsonville-York going into 2 overtimes with 0-4 Wellston
+
a janitor running the show for York
=
A Meigs Victory!

(EDITED BY OZZIEOHIO) im tired of getting on different post and seeing consistantly calling out coach boston, based on the fact that he is a janitor. you have embarrased the alexander community with remarks like the ones above. do us all a favor and either shut it, or stop putting boston down on every forum.

as far as officials. there are two places you can always count on the refs lending a helping hand. 1.) is glouster. the tomcats can always find refs who will pitch in at the shingle inn(spelling). 2.) is welston. the rockets always rind refs who can find a holding call in a basketball game. regardless when it comes down to it the teams decide the outcome.

i think i will pick NY in this one. cant help but feel that they have meigs outmanned.

Well put, I would add that Coach Chauncy and his players will come to N-Y and give their absolute best effort. I do not believe that Meigs best will be enough this week. N-Y 21 Meigs 0

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

Seeing all the discussion on this thread about "home officating" why doesn't the TVC have a person with in the league assign officiating crews like other leagues do? At the very least it would not allow crews with known ties to schools or coaches to work those games.It would also take away any appearence of schools being homered.What it would not do is make up for the lack of good refs and having been to games from 4 different leagues this year I can say that bad officiating is not just a TVC problem.
To answer my own question, I beleive the TVC doses stack the deck by AD's hiring crews known to give the home teams breaks,especilly in big games. I have seen Meigs,Nelsonville,and ESpecially Wellston do it over the years.
What I would really like to see is the state assign all officals for games in all leaques, but I also know that is not practical.
Now as to the game I don't believe Meigs can go to NY and win, I have not seen Meigs win a "big game" in almost 10 years, HOME OR AWAY.Special team play will be their downfall this week, NY 34 Meis 18.

Meigscountyfootballfan
Waterboy

Post by Meigscountyfootballfan »

It is true that the TVC title train is parked in Nelsonville (they keep it downtown). I expect this game to be a hard-hitting battle with the outcome decided in the fourth quarter as the last two Marauder/Buckeye games were in Nelsonville (2007 and 2005).

Last year, Meigs lost leads in the fourth quarter of several heartbreaker games, including the Nelsonville game, as a result of some big plays and bad bounces of the ball. This year, those breaks and bounces have gone in favor of Meigs. In addition, the Marauders have played exceptionally well in the second half of each game and have finished their games very strong. If Meigs can limit their turnovers, I believe Meigs will get their long overdue win at Nelsonville.

Two winning high school football programs each with a very good coach always makes for a fun game. Coach Boston and Coach Chancey, and our teams, should be supported by all us fans and parents for giving us something to root for and be proud of. I appreciate coming on this site to read information and some humble opinions about our southeast Ohio teams. Excessive braggers, negative yakkers, and verbal buggerers are not only hard to read but not a true reflection of either program especially Meigs.

WarriorBoy
Riding the Bench

Post by WarriorBoy »

:12224 This could be the best game in the area friday night. Hard to call, NY at home 3-1, Meigs 4-0, WOW. I would hate to go out on a limb here. I believe it will be a 10 point win which ever way it goes. I may have to give a slight nod to the Bucks. But this is just a guess.

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

Well said Meigscountyfootballfan. Like my daddy always said, "if you aint got nothin good to say don't say nothin at all." Opinions vary and I voice mine on occasion, which usually are biased toward my alma mater, like everyone else. When a person gets on here and degrades a man for what he does to provide for his family is going too far. This man goes to work everyday, takes care of his family, gives of his time to mold young people, and not to mention puts a pretty good brand of football on the field every year. If you like NY, Coach Boston or not you make yourself look like a fool. Do us all a favor and think before you speak and you'll save yourself a lot of embarassment.

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

I would like to know more about this NY team.....I had a post send me a pm asking me if I thought NY could beat Ironton...I don't know because I know nothiing about the team....Can someone give me some info....

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

NY is strong this year good D.. they are down right now because one fullback is out for the rest of there season 2 or 3 starters r really banged up. one didnt play last week.. but they still win ..ny has a lot of heart and they will go 8-2 if they beat meigs... GO BUCKS... I still havent heard an update on derik arnold is he ok and going to play this week? after what happin with the pole he got ran into at wellston that kept him out for the rest of the game

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

did someone from nelsonville get kicked out of the game against wellston?

Maximus the Merciful
Waterboy

Post by Maximus the Merciful »

Who cares whether Coach Boston is or was a janitor, he's won some titles. Someone sitting by me at Crooksville last weekend told me his brother-in-law Kevin Meade beat Logan 3 times when Logan was Division I and Nelsonville was Div. V. and that Meade went to the playoffs with Nelsonville 4 times and won first round playoff games 3 times and the first round playoff appearance that he lost was by one point. I wonder what his winning percentage is compared to his father-in-law's and his brother-in-laws. Does anyone know if he's coaching anywhere in the Buckeye program?

buckeye_nut
Waterboy

Post by buckeye_nut »

I get so sick of people in here crying about the refs. Waaaaaaaa........shut up, play the game as good as you can play it, and see what happens. As for you in meigs county....bring your game, put it against ours and see what you can do. After hearing Mr.Gibson and the other athens fans on the call in show, you have no grounds to blame the refs for anything other than your win last week. see you friday!!! GO BUCKS!!!!!

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

Boston can flat out coach,classy guy.When he can build a bad Alex team into a winner in 2yrs.,you know he can coach.NY has one of the best and hope to see him retire there.Runs a perfect program like his Dad.Rooten for NY but with all of the injuries it will be tuff that's why I picked Meigs.Prove me wrong Buckeyes. 8)

King Cut Back
Waterboy

Post by King Cut Back »

after hearing about NY having some players banged up and one suspended i hope and im not saying this will happen but i hope u buckeye fans dont get on here if u lose and say its because we have a player hurt or whatever the case may be!

buckeyeman
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyeman »

this year i have to give meigs the edge

Return to “Football”