WK 5 (4-0, 1-0) Meigs @ (3-1, 1-0) Nelsonville-York

Who will win?

Total votes: 0

JoeGatto
JV Team

Re: WK 5 (4-0, 1-0) Meigs @ (3-1, 1-0) Nelsonville-York

Post by JoeGatto »

One foot in high school and college and two feet in the NFL.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

After review, the call stands as made on the field!!!!!!!!!!!
:aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41

GO BUCKEYES PLUCK THE EAGLES

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

I heard that on the radio that they said Arnold stepped out of bounds on the second kick off return..but thats that.

Waterboy

Post by 03040530 »

why are you still complaining about history, everybody know all week that you guys would talk smack and then blame the refs. That has happened the last 8 years.... If I remember right you were up 22-8.. I don't think the officials had anything to do with you losing again this year.

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

if i remember correctly, just last week meigs people were telling athens people to stop pointing fingers at officials for some very questionable calls that some felt may have cost some points and momentum in the first half of their game at meigs.

is the shoe on the other foot this week?

THE PIGSKIN
Waterboy

Post by THE PIGSKIN »

If you look, there are about 3 pics that tell the story. At least from what I can tell.

Great game. NY's schedule is still pretty tough. They can't overlook anyone.
Belpre at Belpre - We know its hard to win there, esp. when the trains comes roaring through.
Alexander-Regardless of what people say, this team is getting better.
Athens-Same as above.
Ironton-Well its Ironton
Vinton-Down this year, but QB is pretty good. Running that old "Off" from years past.
NY must play all 4 qrts this week.
NY 32
Bel 18

grampa buckeye
Waterboy

Post by grampa buckeye »

marauder 2010, I was at the game also. Where were you at? myself Iwas standing right behind the endzone that yor talking about, Dickerson had one foot in when he caught the ball. And by the way it was a good spot to see the return without the people on the sidelines being in your way.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

marauder 2010 how many days are going to keep crying about it.. you lost, fair, so get over it :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: so its not your year after all boo hoo :roll:

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

While I totally agree that the whining about officiating by the Meigs fans is getting a bit old, I have to point out that MANY of you same Buckeye faithful who are ripping the Meigs people are the same ones who were whining about the refs in your loss against Berne Union. The truth is we as fans never want our team to lose, and when they do, we always look to someone else to blame (and it's usually the officials). I can read almost any thread on this site and someone is complaining about getting ripped off. It's not just the refs at Meigs or Nelsonville. Everyone thinks they got screwed when they lost. It's time to point to where the pointing belongs when we lose. Not to the officials.
I think we can all agree that officiating as a whole seems to get worse every year. But I think we can also agree that officials (no matter how bad they are), DO NOT win or lose ballgames. There are always other circumstances that your team could have prevented, or plays that your team could have made that should have made your team win. But the fact that your team didn't make those plays means you lost. There will always be bad calls. It's part of the game. Practice harder and play harder and be able to overcome obstacles.

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

grampa buckeye wrote:marauder 2010, I was at the game also. Where were you at? myself Iwas standing right behind the endzone that yor talking about, Dickerson had one foot in when he caught the ball. And by the way it was a good spot to see the return without the people on the sidelines being in your way.

Hey i just said that i heard ...i didnt say that i saw.

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

buckeyeguy wrote:marauder 2010 how many days are going to keep crying about it.. you lost, fair, so get over it :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: so its not your year after all boo hoo :roll:

Its not my year cuz i dont even play football....hey thats just one game. Just cuz u beat meigs doesnt bring the TVC Title to N-Y....there r still what 5 games to play.??

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

their is 5 games to play thats why you should stop whining over 1 game

TroopSports
Freshman Team

Post by TroopSports »

You can listen to audio highlights from our radio broadcast of this game by clicking the following link: http://www.troopsports.com/week5hlights.mp3

Included in the file is the intro to the broadcast and most of the scoring highlights from the entertaining game last Friday.

Caleb Troop and Rollie Swart with the call on Power 105 in Athens. You can e-mail your comments to sports@wxtq.com.

Thanks. Enjoy.

grampa buckeye
Waterboy

Post by grampa buckeye »

Marauder_2010 wrote:
grampa buckeye wrote:marauder 2010, I was at the game also. Where were you at? myself Iwas standing right behind the endzone that yor talking about, Dickerson had one foot in when he caught the ball. And by the way it was a good spot to see the return without the people on the sidelines being in your way.

Hey i just said that i heard ...i didnt say that i saw.

then why throw gas on the fire? :aaaaa46

maraudermom
Waterboy

Post by maraudermom »

Seems to me Meigs got the shaft as usual... a picture was take that shows that he was not IN.

But hey the JV team beat the Buckeyes last night. What a SWEET victory!

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

POST THE PICTURE THEN BECAUSE WE HAVE VIDEO THAT BOTH FEET ARE IN. POST THE PICTURE SO WE CAN SEE IT.
Not in air- where his feet hit the ground.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

And good job meigs on the jv win.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

maraudermom wrote:Seems to me Meigs got the shaft as usual... a picture was take that shows that he was not IN.

But hey the JV team beat the Buckeyes last night. What a SWEET victory!

Ok already, you have made your point you are a sore loser we get it

GEE WIZZZZZZZZ

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

hey nelsonville, your jv's where good too. the game was close until the middle of the 4th quarter. the qb was int.ed 2x. that won meigs the game.
unless you count athens playing the varsity as jv's, that is the closest anyone has come to beating us.

athenswreslingmom
Riding the Bench

Post by athenswreslingmom »

Fasteach where are you getting your information that the Athens JV played varsity when we played Meigs? I don't think thats right at all ALOT of them kids that played was fresh. It was a good game the better team won thats football!!!! Its sad when you beat a team they make-up reason why they lost I'm sorry, but thats football.
I'm very proud of the Athens freshmen (3-0) an JV (3-1) team this year they are doing a great job!!! Please let me know where you got your information
Good luck Meigs for the rest of your season please don't think I'm putting Meigs down at all cause i'm not.

Return to “Football”