SEOPS H

Re: Portsmouth West@Chesapeake

Post by ManitouDan »

Cupcake # 5 coming up friday night.

SEOhioball
Waterboy

Post by SEOhioball »

It sounds like West really has a good football team this year and a lot to be proud of, but I don't see that it is necessary for some fans to get on here and trash your opponents. I don't believe that West fans would like it if fans of Wheelersburg, Ironton, or even Chesapeake made light of all the troubles many of West's other sports programs have faced other the last few years. I'm glad to see that West has been able to get their football program back on track and is headed in the right direction, but don't forget that tough times could always be right around the corner in any program.

To say that Chesapeake is a "cupcake" as one poster said is just not fair. Just last season, one in which the Panthers finished 3-7, CHS dominated the first half of the game vs. West and actually took a lead into halftime. Coach Triplett and his staff made some crucial adjustments and came out firing in the second half as West was able to pull away for a decisive victory. Chesapeake is very young and inexperienced this season, but have battled in every ball game so far, including the big upset of Oak Hill. They do return some experience at the skill positions, but the offensive and defensive lines had to COMPLETELY be rebuilt this season as graduation hit the Panthers hard. CHS had plenty of chances to beat a good Valley team on Friday night, but penalties and costly turnovers kept the Panthers from establishing any type of momentum on offense.

It will be a tough task to ask the Panthers to knock off the undefeated West team, but Coach Davis will have his team ready for the battle come Friday night. Good luck to both teams.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Although I hope West wins I have a lot of respect for Coach Davis and his program. A couple of the West posters need to calm it a little bit. Coach Davis is one of the first coaches in this area to implement a run and shoot out of a double wing ,he does it well. Good luck Chesapeake the rest of the season except for this game!!! I take West for the win! P.S. The person calling Chesapeake a "cupcake" is attempting to make fun of West. Great sportsmanship Manitou.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

sorry to the chessy fans --I was not trying to insult you guys ---I poke fun at just a couple west poster's on here who proclaimed them "super" "great" " SOC champs" Undefeated, future state champs , etc and etc AFTER week 2 . Their schedule is ....... shall we say fortunate this year, so I poke alittle fun at them celebrating their greatness before they even defeat a really good team. (and they will defeat a solid team later in the year I'm sure) but there fans have been talking smack since weeks 1 and 2. MD

local superstar
All State

Re: WK 5 Portsmouth West @ Chesapeake

Post by local superstar »

More like A fan. Unfortunately, every one from other schools get as unreasonable as the FAN that is talking smack. Accept it, he or she ain't goin' away, and besides it would leave you nothing to put West down about. Good luck to my friend Coach Triplett and Team!

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

WEST 35-6

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

The
Senators
Of
Portsmouth
West

DECLAW

The
Panthers

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

West big, another SOC over OVC win.

OUT ON THE MOUNTAIN
Waterboy

Post by OUT ON THE MOUNTAIN »

West for sure! Good luck to Coach Tripplett and team!

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Portsmouth West will go 10-0 SOC11 champs region 19 champs state semi-finalist

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

D-5 wrote:Portsmouth West will go 10-0 SOC11 champs region 19 champs state semi-finalist

I thought we were the one's giving lofty expectations.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

siderman wrote:
D-5 wrote:Portsmouth West will go 10-0 SOC11 champs region 19 champs state semi-finalist

I thought we were the one's giving lofty expectations.

go back and look at what I said pre-season

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

West might want to work on the pass defense before thinking of 10-0...........................The freshman qb from rock hill was able to keep his young team in the game until an injury due to multiple hholes in the secondary??????? :122246

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

West 35
Cpeake 7

Siders_B-Ball23
Waterboy

Post by Siders_B-Ball23 »

West 42
Chesapeake 6

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I think if West wins this game, they should give them the OVC Championship since they will have gone 4-0 against OVC opponents this season - a perfect season against teams with a current combined record of 3-13. :lol:

STEP IT UP OVC! :roll:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Kings of the South? What's all this about?

Return to “Football”