WK 5 Southern vs. Green

dilligaf
S

Re: WK 5 Southern vs. Green

Post by dilligaf »

the storm wrote:I think southern has the right kids in the right spots on offense. Michael Manuel as the half back. Greg in the slot and sean coppick as full back. What a back field. Lots of speed and strength. They will be hard to stop. Non of these kids were abused

only on friday nights

Tornado Fan
JV Team

Post by Tornado Fan »

i think this one is going to be a good game...too bad i cant make it to this one.....i think im going to go and watch Meigs vs. Nelsonville-York in Nelsonville.....If southern plays like they did last week then southern will win by a touchdown or two but if not then they will get killed....Go Tornadoes..

Southern 14
Green 7

OldBlue
Freshman Team

Post by OldBlue »

That's good to run down the kids like that DILLIGAF.

MTX
Freshman Team

Post by MTX »

Southern Does not have the right back field yet. and anyone who knows football known games can be won and lost very easily. It will be a good game. And for not subbing out who cares both teams are trying to improve.

purple_power_09
Waterboy

Post by purple_power_09 »

mercerville monster wrote:
Green beating Burch 35 -6 is running up the score
but Southern beating Hannon 57 - 0 isn't

I also heard Southern ran a reverse in the second half for a TD with the starters in to make it even worse.

well the coaching staff at southern isnt gonna send out the jv who dosent get to play and tell them not to play, come on now grow up its hannan

Cobra
Riding the Bench

Post by Cobra »

I think everyone needs to take a chill pill, Were talking about kids here, I admit Southern doesn't have a strong past but that is one more reason you have to respect the kids who do come out and play. Southern by 3!

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Live on the "Frog" 92.1 FM

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

well the coaching staff at southern isnt gonna send out the jv who dosent get to play and tell them not to play, come on now grow up its hannan

Did you read the last part of the post? I said that I heard they ran a reverse with the STARTERS still in.
Last edited by Mercerville Monster on Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mastersnake10
Waterboy

Post by Mastersnake10 »

I think southern should do a real good job because they have people where they should be. But i think the entire coaching staff needs to be behind every player even if they do not like the changes. I've heard that some coaches are gettin jealous because people are being replaced. The specific coach needs to suck it up and let the kids play.

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

amen

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

Southern 31-14 about 2 minutes left in game.

OhioSt_Fan
Waterboy

Post by OhioSt_Fan »

FINAL SCORE: Southern 31 F.F.G-14
WOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!! Go Southern....lets keep on rollin'!

tornadobacker
Waterboy

Post by tornadobacker »

couple of things:

california kid wrote:grove city 4-0 ranked 4th in region 24
green lost to grove city 27-6
if that makes you feel any better :122245
grove city 4-0 ranked 4th in region 24
green lost to grove city 27-6
if that makes you feel any better :122245

After tonight that does make me feel better. Why couldn't we have played like we did tonight earlier in the year. Which brings me to point number two:

Mr mercerville monster: How about bringing your rebels back up for a rematch. I would pay double the price of admission to see that one again!!

way to go SHS keep it going!!

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

Someone early in this post said that Manchester was in the SOC. Manchester is NOT in the SOC.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Southern 31
Green 14

Half time score: Green 14 Southern 7

Southern took the opening kickoff and went 69 yards for the first score of the game. Michael Manuel scored from one yard out and Zach Ash split the uprights. It was 7-0 Southern at the 4:36 mark of the first quarter.

On Southern's next possession they were forced to punt and the Bobcat's Jacob Fraley blocked it. Green took over at the Southern 49. With 7:57 left in the second quarter Matt Clarke hit Billy Moore with a 22 yard TD pass and also the two point conversion to give Green a 8-7 lead.

Green scored again before the half when Jeff Massie scored from 1 yard out to cap 51 yard drive. The pass for the PAT
was incomplete and the Bobcats took a 14-7 lead to the locker room.

It was all Southern in the second half as they scored 24 unaswered points.

Sean Coppick returned the second half kickoff to the Green39. At the 9:38 mark of the third quarter Michael Manuel hit Jerry Justice for a 25 yard TD. Sean Coppick ran the two point conversion and it was 15-14 Southern.

Southern scored again in the third when Greg Jenkins scored from 3 yards out with 4:17 left. The kick was no good and Southern led 21-14. That drive covered 52 yards.

Southern's first score of the fourth quarter was a 25 yard Zach Ash field goal. The kick would have been good easily from 40. With 9:56 left in the game it was Southern 24 Green 14. The drive covered 67 yards.

Green lost the ball on downs at their own 33 on their next possession. Southern scored their last points of the game when Dustin Salser scored from 3 yards out. Zach Ash hit the PAT kick that produced the final score; 31-14.

Congrats to the Tornadoes as they picked up their second win of the season.

yeahbaby1
Waterboy

Post by yeahbaby1 »

Green shouldve played fairland instead of dropping them> They could use the experience to make themselves better. Its a shame

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Congratulations to Southern on the win.

Get it going again next week, Green..... Go Cats!

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

paycheck wrote: i hear green boys play a hard game, i also hear southern boys play hard game. but when it all comes down to it, its got to be the stand outs that make southern have a slight advantage. i know the jenkins kid from southern has quite a few yards in the bag and ive seen him run, personally he is one fast kid, also has quite a few yac yards to. Final score southern 17 green 14

Well, the Coppick boy ran the ball pretty often and pretty well. Southern's boys and FF Green's boys all played hard to the end. I realize when I say it was a good game it was relative to the team's abilities. 1st have was a decent game to watch (if you go to SHS's games, you'll catch my drift) Not high scoring.

I did see alot of sportsmanship, other team's players helping the other's up and such. Only a couple times did I see some cheap shots. That happens.

All in all, a boost game for Southern. For once, I saw some enthusiasm on the field.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

SHS Tornado wrote:
DILLIGAF wrote:
the storm wrote:I think southern has the right kids in the right spots on offense. Michael Manuel as the half back. Greg in the slot and sean coppick as full back. What a back field. Lots of speed and strength. They will be hard to stop. Non of these kids were abused

only on friday nights

Hey DILLIGAF, i'm confussed.... If southern i getting abused so much how did they happen to win tonight!! HAHA!! What a Douche BAG!

Dont be confused its not that hard i never said every friday night.well you have won your yearly two games
Last edited by dilligaf on Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”