WK 5 Vinton County @ Athens

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Re: WK 5 Vinton County @ Athens

Post by Hugh Jase »

This is a toss up. I will take Athens. No team wants to give Athens their first TVC Ohio victory. But if it doesnt happen this week, I think they will get Alex.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

Ty Webb wrote:JJ Hale...your avatar looks like a big water tower or nuclear warhead. Thats nothing to be passionate about.

I hope I did not offend the great Ty Webb in any manner! An avatar should be an extension of one's purpose or passion in life. The old avatar was not only an extension of my love for the air waves but it also reflected the past glories of yesteryear when I was incognito as Kenny Bixx, therefore the water tower innuendo. As for the nuclear warhead overtones, it was a reflection of my days on the road as a carney. I always get a little misty eyed and sentimental around this time of the year when the Apple Festival arrives. I was the man shot out of the cannon for several years as the Grande Finale of the Joie Chitwood Thrill Show. A career that ended entirely to soon for me. Cut short by a malfunction that ultimately ended up in a terrible incident that blasted me into the tilt a whirl. I tried the bust a balloon gig where "Everybody is a winner!" with Bates Brothers for a while, but I was just never the same. So you say, "What do you do when you hit bottom and there is nothing else?" You guessed it! You turn to a career in radio. I hope you enjoy the new avatar and that this clears up any lingering questions you have about the old avatar. Sincerely, Your ole pal! JJ Hale

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ty Webb wrote:
Captain Jack wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:I said it before.....this game will set the barometer for the remainder of the season for both squads.

I believe that's spelled "thermometer".

Alright.....barometer/thermometer whatever it takes......

Point being all the kool-aid drinkers at VC are starting to get scared. Their non league schedule hasn't been a walk in the park. The team can either get scared, pack it in or man up and work at improving.

I'm a VC fan, but the community, in general, has a real delusional outlook on what they are in terms of a football program. And NO...its not Coach Yates' fault.

Very well said!!!!...I love VC football and have family starting on this years team and I am very proud of him and the team as a whole...They can still have a great year..they still have a chance to beat VC, NY, and I know that would make for a good year...But VC football has a long way to go to get to the level where they can compete with the area's "better" schools...we did it in basketball and theres no reason we cant do it in football and baseball for that matter.

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

The Vikings may get this one is a (excuse the phrase) dog fight.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Vinton 21- Athens 7. Go VIKES!!!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Puppy chow I would assume :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Bow-Wow :twisted:

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Don't worry Vinton, once you guys, Wellston , and Nelsonville and other TVC teams start beating Athens like a drum like we did in the SEAOL, they will be looking for another league. :oops: Oh I forgot it was the price of gas is why they left lol! :lol:
GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

I'm once again reminded why I shouldn't look at this web site. I'm too old to get mad at people who have nothing better to do but bad mouth Athens. Our kids play hard and don't deserve the crap they get on this site. We have been in every game and we will get this thing turned around. It was just a few years ago when Coach Champlin graciously took a knee at the two yard line rather than increase a huge lead at halftime over Meigs. Meigs returned the favor last year. Every team has ups and downs. I've been around long enough to remember when Logan was struggling. Find someone else to tear down. I am sick of it!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I'll pick the Vikings by 14.

THE PIGSKIN
Waterboy

Post by THE PIGSKIN »

I like the dogs in this one.
Athens 21
VC 8

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Bulldog64 wrote:I'm once again reminded why I shouldn't look at this web site. I'm too old to get mad at people who have nothing better to do but bad mouth Athens. Our kids play hard and don't deserve the crap they get on this site. We have been in every game and we will get this thing turned around. It was just a few years ago when Coach Champlin graciously took a knee at the two yard line rather than increase a huge lead at halftime over Meigs. Meigs returned the favor last year. Every team has ups and downs. I've been around long enough to remember when Logan was struggling. Find someone else to tear down. I am sick of it!

Well said Bulldog64.

athenswreslingmom
Riding the Bench

Post by athenswreslingmom »

I wish both teams good luck. But I'm looking for a win for my Bulldogs. Play some good football. Go dogs

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I predict that Athens will pick up their first ever TVC OHIO league win this week.

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

G W McLintock wrote:
Bulldog64 wrote:I'm once again reminded why I shouldn't look at this web site. I'm too old to get mad at people who have nothing better to do but bad mouth Athens. Our kids play hard and don't deserve the crap they get on this site. We have been in every game and we will get this thing turned around. It was just a few years ago when Coach Champlin graciously took a knee at the two yard line rather than increase a huge lead at halftime over Meigs. Meigs returned the favor last year. Every team has ups and downs. I've been around long enough to remember when Logan was struggling. Find someone else to tear down. I am sick of it!

Well said Bulldog64.

Seriously, nobody should be tearing down players, however the poweres that be
decided for YOUR KIDS to move to the T.V.C. I have heard more that one of your so called great coaches and numerous fans refer to T.V.C. teams and players as the blue collar. With all that right or wrong you my have to deal with this crap for
a season or two.

Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

Bulldog Booster,
Good thing for the "load" because I doubt they drop many points on the Vikings. VC by 14. Athens will not get the TVC win this week, maybe not even this year!

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

Bringdanoise wrote:Bulldog Booster,
Good thing for the "load" because I doubt they drop many points on the Vikings. VC by 14. Athens will not get the TVC win this week, maybe not even this year!

And that, my friends, is how you keep your pimp hand strong. 8)

Bulldog Booster, you said previously that you consider yourself a successful man. I find myself wondering what exactly you are boosting? Cars? Sound systems? If your reply is Athens Football, then I would have to beg to differ that you are successful. ;-)
Last edited by Ted Striker on Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

I want to wish both teams good luck this Friday. Hope for no injuries on either team. I have to pull for my Vikings tho and hope for a win, be it by 1 or 21 points. I like Coach Skinner's attitude. He is a class act all the way, never puts players down, home or away, and always has something positive to say in victory or defeat. We adults need to remember these are just young men, in their teens, playing for their High School and community on Friday and Saturaday nights. Athens has been down for a while, but I look for them to come back strong in the next few years. Welcome to the TVC, and Good Luck to your Coaches & Team, after Vinton County of course, for the rest of this season, and in the years to come.

:12223 Thanks From An Old VC Viking, And Proud Of It :-D

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Coach Skinner and Bulldog64 I agree with both of you. However I guess for us Athens people it's welcome to the TVC. TVC of bad mouthing that is. It will only get worse with all the jerks. You have to remember where these people are from. Athens does have a lot to work on but they are getting better. I look for wins over VC, Alex and Wellston.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

I look for Athens to beat VC, Alex and Belpre.
4th place is better than last!

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

freethrow wrote:Coach Skinner and Bulldog64 I agree with both of you. However I guess for us Athens people it's welcome to the TVC. TVC of bad mouthing that is. It will only get worse with all the jerks. You have to remember where these people are from. Athens does have a lot to work on but they are getting better. I look for wins over VC, Alex and Wellston.

If ya don't like us uneducated, unemployed hicks in the TVC, go back to gettin' yer butts beat in the SEOAL! :evil:

Return to “Football”