WK 5 Vinton County @ Athens

freethrow
Varsity

Re: WK 5 Vinton County @ Athens

Post by freethrow »

Alex may replace Logan as our biggest rival. Let's hope it's a good rival.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Congratulations to Athens :!: :-D

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

freethrow wrote:Alex may replace Logan as our biggest rival. Let's hope it's a good rival.

I doubt Alex vs. Athens will ever be as big as NY vs. Athens will be or has been.

NY vs. Athens will be played with league championships on the line in the upcoming years.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

alexanderspartan wrote:Man, VC must be awful. Athens is the worst team in the county.

funny, last time i checked Alexander hasnt beaten Athens in 3 years...and it took a fluke play for the Spartans to beat the Dogs in 04 otherwise it would be at least 6 straight for the real AHS.

as for who is athens' biggest rival...as a recent graduate of Athens ('07) i can say that the colors i hated most was the red and black.

great showing tonight by the bulldogs. QB trey harris made some really good throws and is looking good, if only he'd hit a growth spurt he'd be really good but beggers cant be choosers i guess :lol: the defense looked good forcing an early turnover and holding the vikings when it mattered most.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Nice Job 'Dogs!

That guy who picked the pups to win in Fridays Messenger must know his high school football ... He was the only one who picked Atown to win tonight.

Hopefully I get the chance to watch the green and gold play again this season as opposed to driving to Wellston or Federal Hocking on Friday nights. I've witnessed two awesome games, one overtime and one double overtime but I miss the Bulldogs and couldn't be happier for Ryan Adams, his staff and their players.

GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK - I just watched ALEX thump FED HOCK so don't think for a second Athens isn't playing a tough, solid football team which plays hard and who's play reflects their hard-nosed head coach Sean Arno.

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

this is a complete shocker. sets up a mighty good game next week

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

Best of luck to the Vikings.

Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

I stand corrected.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

alexanderspartan wrote:Maybe because I'm not talking about the last 3 years. I'm talking about this year, you tool.

that's why Athens has put up a fight against some good opponents in Gallia (SEOAL team that would destroy Alex), Fed Hock, Meigs (picked by many to win league) and beat VC by more than 2 touchdowns. dont talk crap until your team gives you something to back it up with and last time i checked Athens and Alex play next week, you tool.

C A D
Waterboy

Post by C A D »

Congratulations Bulldogs!

athenswreslingmom
Riding the Bench

Post by athenswreslingmom »

Good job Athens makin it your 1st win :-D :-D. Now it's time to make your 2nd win Friday @ Alex I'm sure you boys can do it!!!!!! GO BULLDOGS

Good Luck to Vinton on your next games I wish you boys all alot of luck!!!

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

raider6109,

Actually, VC hasn't lost to the Spartans since 1984. That would be 17 wins for VC in a row.

But all that is just history, now is what counts the most.

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

Pick your heads up Vikes....remember the lessons and forget the defeats. Concentrate on the game to come...the Viking Faithful stand behind you.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

glad to see athens happy :-D

Return to “Football”