Athens gets come from behind win in JV game with Meigs

Gib25
Varsity

Athens gets come from behind win in JV game with Meigs

Post by Gib25 »

Athens scored 16 points in the last 8:51 of the fourth quarter to erase a 22-8 lead by Meigs. They got a 62 yard pass from Devon Sharpe to Connor Tope to take the score to 22-12. They then got a two point conversion on a pass from Sharpe to Nick Stanley. Nick Stanley the went 75 yards with a pass interception to tie the game at 22 and a pass from Sharpe to Stanley gave Athens a two point lead 24-22. Meigs then moved the ball to the five, but fumbled the center snap, which Mitch Rider recovered for the Bulldogs.

athenswreslingmom
Riding the Bench

Re: Athens gets come from behind win in JV game with Meigs

Post by athenswreslingmom »

Both teams did a good job!!! For the dogs to make a great come back was great. If I'm not mistake number 52
cause the fumble on the 5 an Rider recover it. There was alot of freshmen that help get the win. But I can say it kept you on the edge of your seat most part of the game. JV keep it going good luck next week @ Vinton

fasteach
Varsity

Re: Athens gets come from behind win in JV game with Meigs

Post by fasteach »

i was glad to see the reserves get the support from the home fans that was not there 2 years ago. as a personal note these gold uniforms are much better than the all green.

Return to “Football”