WK 6 South Point @ River Valley

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Re: WK 6 South Point @ River Valley

Post by galliagrad89 »

That is a ridiculous stat. How can you go 4 years without winning a conference game. The coach should have been gone long before that should have ever happen. Now don't give me excuses. If the coach is good and they know how to run a PROGRAM then they should have some success whatever the excuses/problems are.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

GalliaGrad89 wrote:That is a ridiculous stat. How can you go 4 years without winning a conference game. The coach should have been gone long before that should have ever happen. Now don't give me excuses. If the coach is good and they know how to run a PROGRAM then they should have some success whatever the excuses/problems are.

Here are a couple more "ridiculous" stats:

This will be the first time since 2004 that River Valley has won more than a single game in a season.

The current two-game winning streak is the first 2-or-more game winning streak since they won their first 5 to kick off the 2003 seaon.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

ThaPlayMaker1 wrote:i think that it is very possible for south point to come away with a 180-0 victory...with the combination of seagraves plants dillion woodson kratzenberg west lynd smith pack dyer adkins ross taylor and esque....they could very easily do it...

I give you 100 to 1 odds SP won't... What would you like to wager?

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

I have seen River Valley play every game this year, I, along with a whole lot of other fans has seen what they are capable of doing. As far as 180-0, that is just plain crazy, and even crazier if someone actually thinks that will happen. I would hope that RV would make more of game of than that. SP has a good team, they played "Burg" really tough, and we all know what kind of team the "Burg" is, but River Valley is not the same team that they have been in the past. Their bread and butter is the spread offense, with Curnutte at the helm picking db's apart like it was nothing. They have some very talented receivers, that can make a play at anytime. SP had better be ready to defend the pass, and we all know that is NOT one of their strong points. However, RV is not "one dimensional". They have some speed in the backfield this year, Baird, Smith, and McAvena,so once SP starts defending the pass, look-out, cause they are going to run the ball now, something that has not been true in years past. SP has a boat load of talent all across the board, and playmakers galore, all I'm saying the River Valley that they will see tomorrow night, is not the same one they have played the last couple of years. I still say that it will be a closer game than most people think, RV's defense is playing too well, to let this one get out of hand. Still holding on to RV 21 SP 20 Goodluck to teams tomorrow night, and hope they all have an injury free game.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

RICKYVAUGHN wrote:
GalliaGrad89 wrote:That is a ridiculous stat. How can you go 4 years without winning a conference game. The coach should have been gone long before that should have ever happen. Now don't give me excuses. If the coach is good and they know how to run a PROGRAM then they should have some success whatever the excuses/problems are.

Um, RV has a new head coach this year, so . . . yeah.

Um, It took them long enough...How long will it take them this time?..?...

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

Gameday!!!!!!

Goodluck River Valley!!!!!!

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

OVC competition starts tonight!

GOODLUCK SOUTH POINT POINTERS!!! Lets make it three OVC championships in a row!

(and before any CG hornets start yelling...yes i know, its co-champions the past two years lol)

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

Beating South Point will be a tall order, but I have a feeling RV will give them a run for their money. Coach Mc is going to build this program. UPSET Alert: RV 27 Point 24

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Good luck Raiders!!!

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

About 2.5 hours to go!!

BTW, does anyone know if this game is gonna be on the radio anywhere? Just wondering.

LET'S GO RAIDERS!!!!

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

22-o with SP in the lead at half

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

Updates?

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

Any Score Update?????

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Post by Gobigblacks »

I was shocked when so many people on here called for an upset all week long.

Congrats South Point.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point over River Valley 42-6. RV had at least 4 turnovers maybe more. Sp with two fumbles, one early in the game and the second in the endzone by the reserves. Sp scored at will even with the Freshman in the game in the final last quarter they score with less than a minute on the clock. Rv looked good at times and other times couldn't protect the QB. I think the first half RV only got 3 yards past the 50 .SP had big runs for scores I think just about everyone got in the game with the Pointers playing the reserves from the beginning of the 4th quarter.

Question what was with the refs not letting the Pointer band play during the game and letting the RV band pay from the kick off at lest through 3 mores plays on the field? I know our band was bigger and louder but I had never seen that stop a game before!

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

There are new rules this year about when the band can play during the game...its very sad! I don't know the rules exactly, but I know they have tightened up on the band playing during any type of play on the football field. Most bands are not giving this rule a second thought and this is the first time that I have heard the refs say something to bands about that. That is interesting...but like I said I heard it was a new rule this year. I think its silly, unless a band is just playing constantly during football play, ya know?

Anyways...congrats to South Point! I knew you guys could do it despite the outrageous doubts that RV would actually beat SP. I will say...River Valley at the previews against Rock Hill looked a lot better then I remember RV before. But I didn't know if it was RV getting better or Rock Hill getting worse...probably a little of both!

GO POINTERS!!!

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

My hats off to SP, great ball team. IMO they are headed for a league championship!! They have some tremendous athletes on that team. I don't quite understand what happened to my Raiders!! I know that they are a better ball team than they showed last night. I told some buddies of mine, that this was going to be a tough game for them, but I figured it would be a lot closer than it was. Curnutte throwing 3 interceptions, after not throwing any all year, not even in a scrimmage. 6 turnovers on the night, you can't win a ballgame when you turn the ball over 6 times. All they can do now is learn from their mistakes, go back and have a good week in practice, and get ready for Fairland. Keep your heads up though, it ain't over until it's over.
As for the officiating----- They sure didn't cost them the game, but they didn't help things. That play that they ruled a fumble, down inside the the 5, they clearly blew that call, could very well have cost RV a score. They are only human though, and they will mistakes, but when every one else can see it, you wonder why they can't. Didn't know anything about the bands, I did see one of RV's coaches go talk to the band director, but didn't know what it was all about. IMO they should pay more attention to what is going on out on the field other than what the bands are doing. They missed some calls on both sides of the ball, that could have benefitted both teams, but like I said they are human, that striped uniform in no way makes one perfect. Good luck to SP, hope you all have an injury free season, and good luck to the Raiders, let's win out, and be a part of the championship, youcan do it we all have faith in you!!!

Return to “Football”