WK 6 Meigs @ Warren

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Re: WK 6 Meigs @ Warren

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Just saw the write-up in the Marietta Times:

http://www.mariettatimes.com/page/conte ... l?nav=5025

Unless Pifer is using the media to create a sophisticated psychological smoke screen that will completely confuse Meigs, we are going to do what we've been doing . . .

;-)

At least everyone should be well rested since they didn't practice Monday and are taking today off as well.

WarriorBoy
Riding the Bench

Post by WarriorBoy »

The freshman team lost to P-South last night 26-6. Looked very unprepared, lacking any real drive, with a couple of exceptions. Was informed by player and a coach that they have practiced by themselves very little since last thursday. They looked it. Confusion rained supreme. And add to that South will has some very good athletes coming up, they will be a handful in the next couple of years.
I am confused as well Monday off, Tuesday films, wed/thu practice then Friday off and be at the school by 9 a.m.? (hope not for the players sake) :?: :?: Saturday what a looooooooong daaaaaaaay.
Swami I would add that at zanesville, they simple put people in the holes and we ran right at them in the red zone. No play fakes, no deception, no nothing. Warren warrior fan is correct, maybe if wwe ran the plays out of a different formation or could learn to throw the TE dump, quick slant right( Receiver), it is a one step throw not TE running to the LB before he looks for the ball. Maybe the QB should just drill him in the back of the head a couple of times to get his attention. Maybe a swing pas out of the back field or split end screen. Something to get the other team to get 9 out of the box. Anyway just rambling. Hope for a solid game from the Warriors.

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Post by coal miner's son »

I could accept Monday off, but today? I would of had a 30-45 min walk through with shorts and hats at least! Show up tomorrow to possibly have dinner together before the game (around 5pm). Then slooooowly get dressed to play.

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

warren, if you win it will be because the refs screwed meigs. if your jv wins next week it will be because you played your varsity players on the jv squad.

but if meigs wins then everything will be fair and square.

WarriorBoy
Riding the Bench

Post by WarriorBoy »

:oops: The smiley should sum up Tyler Durden's comment. You should be absolutely ashamed of yourself. The officals are assigned to the game thru the WV/OH board in Parkersburg. So, I will refuse to give anything you ever post any credibility ever again and would encourage every other poster to simply ignore you from this point on. I sure will. I can only guess that you are a player or HS student, because most everyone else on here would never stoop to the drivil you just poured out. Nuff Said........

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Warren...........

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

This game will be broadcast live on K-92 "The Frog"
92.1 FM.

marklduckworth
Freshman Team

Post by marklduckworth »

I think the WARRIORS take care of business at home tomorrow night. What I do know about the Warren team is that they are very coachable and they make an effort to do what is being asked of them. I know that many players have made sacrifices for the betterment of the team. I am sure that this is being taught at all levels of the program. Isn't that the way it is in the real world. Learning to do what is asked of you: learning to making sacrifices for your family, your church, your organization, a fellow employee in need, etc. All of us want to win and compete at a high level. The Warren students who have chosen to play the great game of football and represent the school and community are doing what has been asked of them. I am pleased with their committment and work ethic. This doesn't always translate to wins and losses, but it certainly translates to solid citizens in soceity and hopefully our community. Good luck against Meigs...............keep working boys !!!!!

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

Tyler_Durden wrote:warren, if you win it will be because the refs screwed meigs. if your jv wins next week it will be because you played your varsity players on the jv squad.

but if meigs wins then everything will be fair and square.

WarriorBoy wrote::oops: The smiley should sum up Tyler Durden's comment. You should be absolutely ashamed of yourself. The officals are assigned to the game thru the WV/OH board in Parkersburg. So, I will refuse to give anything you ever post any credibility ever again and would encourage every other poster to simply ignore you from this point on. I sure will. I can only guess that you are a player or HS student, because most everyone else on here would never stoop to the drivil you just poured out. Nuff Said........

For what it's worth, I am guessing that was sarcasm pointed at a poster from Meigs and related to the Meigs vs. Athens week.

Does anyone have a score on the Meigs/Warren game?

smash_mouth
Waterboy

Post by smash_mouth »

the games played tomorrow

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

0-0

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

:lol: :lol: :lol: They play tommrow

blarge
Riding the Bench

Post by blarge »

Warren's QB is a junior. He is not that "young" anymore. Clay knows how to throw the ball, and has the best O-Line since 2001.
Warren has three ends 6'4" and over with good hands.
It would be refreshing to see the TE Dump again. Santini used it effectively for quick first downs, out of the I formation.
No risk, no reward...
C'mon Coach Gribble, open it up!
Go Warriors!

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

I didn't realize this was a Saturday game either................ I kept trying to find a score on it, that is probably why I wasnt having much luck :oops:

Good luck to Meigs (I always root for you guys except against NY) ;-)

You guys have a great passing game, but I know that Warren is much improved over the last couple of years.... Should be interesting

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Go TVC OHIO

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

tyler why not post the truth, athens has 3/4 of the varsity on jv. of the varsity team only approx10 must be pure varsity. 10 out of almost 50. now it could be that only 10 play on friday but somehow when they played meigs i counted 11 every time.now you tell is it that athens only has a jv team? or do somehow cloned the 10 to make up the rest of the varsity. this is a cheap way to pad wins by playing seniors against 9-10 graders. you did it now live with yourself. if the same team from warren shows up monday as saturday i expect them to win. if athens is so insecure that they feel the varsity has to play the other schools jv squad, heck they should just skip friday and play on monday! no class from you or your school.
as for cheating. i assume you are refering to the nelsonville game. did the kid catch it in bounds, who knows? a split second look maybe yes, maybe no. did it cost meigs the game? no. was it a great play? absolutly! was i happy? no but i respect ny for playing like champions should. i hope there is no hard feeling from ny. i wish them all the best but hope someone beats them so we can at least tie. i hope they win the state.
by the way athens ny jv team was made up of 9-10 graders too and almost won... but they did not play the varsity and in 2 years, as these kids learn to play instead of watching, they will have a great team and athens will still be terrible!

westbrook18
All State

Post by westbrook18 »

Quit complaining fasteach. We don't need drama on the Meigs @ Warren forum. This isn't Meigs vs. Athens JV. Just root for your team this week and show some respect. Oh and if you haven't heard most people don't give a crap about JV.

primetime20
Riding the Bench

Post by primetime20 »

what time does the game start tonight?

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Score?

btrain_7
Waterboy