Waterboy

Re: WK 6 Meigs @ Warren

Post by BSBOWEN »

Pictures from this game can be seen here http://www.bsbowen.com

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

it was not warrens passing it was their running game. that dunfee kid was good for 6-8 yards every time. good runner. the longer the game went the stronger he was.
i should find out on jacob monday, if i know him he will be ok. 1 tough kid, competitor and 1 heck of an athlete.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Meigs committed 4 turnovers.
One gave the Warriors the ball on the MHS 21. Another gave it to them on the MHS 33. The Warriors scored on both possessions.

The big play in the first half was the 58 yard TD pass by Warren on the last play of the first half to make it 14-7.

In the second half Meigs had first and goal from the 6 and fumbled with Warren recovering. The score at that time was 17-7. They then went the distance grinding out big chunks of yardage on each play against a deflated Meigs defense to make it 24-7. After that Meigs outscored Warren 15-7 but
Warren had put the game out of reach at 31-14 before QB Cameron Bolin led his team to their last score. Gabe Hill had a long run on that drive. Cameron hit brother Clay for the two point conversion.

Warrren did what they had to do and deserved the win.
They ran the ball very well using three differrent RB's.

At this time I have no info on the injury to Meigs QB Jacob Well. It did appear to be a knee injury. He was in a lot of pain and was not able to put any weight on it.

This is unofficial but I would say that Jacob threw for around 200 yards. Clay Bolin would have been 100+. Caleb Davis had a 74 yard TD reception. Gabe Hill caught at least one for 14 yards.

Final 31-22 Warriors

Good luck to both teams the rest of the way out.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Thanks for letting us know about your QB.

We're not talking about the passing game because it was the difference in the game. We're talking about it because Warren hasn't been passing much this year. Frankly, Warren hasn't passed much in the last several years. It is interesting to have the ability to pass and have it as a strategic weapon. We're not accustomed to it.

The running game for Warren is doing great. The linemen are blocking well most plays and the ball carriers are finding seams, do not come down easily and have finishing speed.

It's a well rounded attack.

WarriorBoy
Riding the Bench

Post by WarriorBoy »

Meigs-13 first downs, 143 rushing, 201 passing-350 total yards
warren-14 first downs, 297 rushing, 113 passing-410 total yards
Looks like a pretty balanced game statistically. Meigs had 2 fumbles lost both, Warren had 1 fumble and lost one. Meigs had two passes intercepted and Warren none. Pass defense seems to be the difference. When Warren had Arnold(36), Dunfee(8), Coffman(20) and Yokum (10) in the secondary they were much better than anyother combination. Pettitt(11) has a hand injury and saw limited action. Hopefully Warren continues to get better at pass coverage.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I'll post the truth "Fasteach is a whining crybaby" :evil:

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Okee dokee . . .

Now that we are clear on that, how is the QB Well doing?

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

just what did i post that would make you say that, spartan?
when have i ever dissed alexander?
like howard cosell " i call 'em like i see 'em".

bushhawg
Waterboy

Post by bushhawg »

just wondering what the head to head series is between the schools?

Return to “Football”