Ironton 10 VS Logan 35 - FINAL

qualified101
SEO

Re: Ironton 10 VS Logan 35 - FINAL

Post by qualified101 »

angles unofficial stats for the passing game. 20/25 with 302 yds and i believe 3 tds. congrats. real deal. who was the poster that said the itown coach's didnt see anything on video that they are worried about. how about now?

hairgod
Waterboy

Post by hairgod »

Smack during the week and congrats after the game to a well deserved win!
As before, Good game and good luck the rest of the way.
Go Tigers!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

2old wrote:We will move on at about the same pace as the posters moved on from the Ironton-Burg game. Logan is supreme. Complete DOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!11

OK

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

you are a class act hairgod. good luck the rest of the season. some of your fellow posters could be more like you!

hairgod
Waterboy

Post by hairgod »

Thanks Q101. You all have the talent to go far. Show em up north what southern Ohio is all about!!!!

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

This just in, this game is not about posters on SEOPS it is about all of the kids on both teams. I cant beleive all of the crying and crowing. Logan won, and thats it, they had the better team. Try saying nice job to both teams and go on with life. These were all young men and I am sure they played there hearts out on both sides. I would bet they laugh at most posters. Good Luck to both Ironton and Logan the rest of the way and try and show some class on here. None of you showed anybody up, the players on the feild played not any posters.Sounds like there were a lot of good games in the area.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

hammer, you post with common sense and it is appreciated. itown was big but, lancaster and pick north were bigger and faster. with itowns size in their division, they will probably do well. i would definitely open up the playbook a little more. the big guy up the middle only works part of the time.

angle was the "top gun" tonight". congrats to jordan rutter who was named the player of the game on the radio for the chiefs. 5 catches, not sure on yards.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

I just want to say, as the person who started this thread and an Ironton fan, that I had absolutely nothing to do with the removal of any other thread. As I always do, I started this separate thread for play-by-play updates, reported the game progress as broadcast on WIRO radio, and "edited" the final score into my original subject line so it was immediately visible on the index page even though Ironton lost.
I made no insulting references to Logan, and in fact, congratulated them on their win. Just to be clear, I'll say it again - CONGRATS TO THE LOGAN CHIEFTAINS - and your QB had a spectacular game, as did the whole Logan team. But, again, as always, I say GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS!

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

oldschool, did you not hear all of the garbage everyone had to put up with this whole week from some itown posters and one gallia poster. i knew what i was talking about, actually 2old knew what he was talking about. the game validated who really knew what they were talking about. who knows maybe deep down the itown posters really knew what was coming but chose to spew rhetoric all week about schedules and size and coaching. in the end the better team won. tigers are big and they should do some damage in upcomng games. i think the chilli/ironton game at least on paper is an intriguing matchup.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

cag, i didnt see anybody call you out. you provide a great service to folks who cant pick up a radio station. logans local station has a pretty weak signal and not eveybody can get the game here either. we have loganites who tune in from florida to get game scores on here. people like you should be commended.

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

I did see all of the crap on that post and also thought it probably should not have came down, but I respect Logan and Ironton. They are good programs and I know that Logan won with class and Ironton lost with class, I just hope the posters on here do the same. Good Luck to both teams, Logan could have a nice run in the playoffs and yes if there in it, I will be there cheering them on.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

we have to get the first round monkey off of our backs. i believe we can but you never know with injuries throughout the season. ill take a league championship first, then look to the playoffs if we make them.

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

caglewis

Thank you for your time and effort in providing updates.

I would imagine quite a few of the regular Ironton posters are absent right now due to the fact that they are traveling back from Logan.

Congrates Logan, I hope the best for the remainder of your season. Angle sounds like he might be a pretty good QB. The Cheiftians played a well and the young men should be commended for their efforts.

The Ironton team gave it a good effort and also deserves to be recognized for their performance.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

laughing at fidos post.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by qualified101 on Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

First off I would like to say what a great stadium logan has . Their offens was great in the 1st half. Ironton looked bad on D. Played soft zone for easy screen passes and when the corner came up the threw long. Ironton needs to open up the playbook. Their best two offensive weapons are their two tall receivers. They also need to learn how to pass block. Ironton will be fine in the long run but they lack overall team speed. Logan is for real their offense is diverse and Angle is a play maker.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

qualified101 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Ironton team gave it a good effort and also deserves to be recognized for their performance.

So it's HA HA FUNNY for anyone to say ANY positive thing about the Ironton Fighting Tigers? This post pretty well negates your previous "complimentary" post to me.
Last edited by caglewis on Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

red, cant wait until everythings paved and the tennis courts, softball and baseball fields are done. less dust. :lol:

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

congrats to the logan cheiftains, nice stadium, impressive band, Angle is as good as advertised, Tigers keep your head's up lets focus on next friday now. GO TIGERS

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Ironman92 wrote:I thought it would be a little closer.....good luck to both the rest of the season.

I92 -

It really wasn't even as close as the final score. Logan turned the ball over twice in the 2nd half, once inside the Ironton 1-yard line.

Logan played a great game, especially in the first half. The offense was absolutely unstoppable.

Logan's SIXTH receiver on the depth chart had 4 catches for 82 and 2 scores.

I'm glad our AVERAGE talent, average line, and "pretty good" quarterback found a way to win the football game.

Defensively, Jon Neff answered the question as to who the best defensive end in the league is. Mike Lamb got his lunch handed to him by Derek Shirey (#72) all night long, while Neff harrassed Schweickart time and again. Then he made the big catch right before halftime. Great game by Mr. Neff.

Also, props to Ronnie Burcham who came through 5-5 on PATs after a rough week last week. Looked much more confident and quick. Protection was good as well.

Ironton was MUCH better than last year. Unfortunately for the Tigers, so was Logan.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

cag, wasnt laughing at you or tom. i realized my post didnt register until after old toms, then i went back and edited it. dont be so sensitive. i was laughing at fidos post(inside joke).

Return to “Football”