My Southeast Ohio games of the week

Portsmouth98
All State

My Southeast Ohio games of the week

Post by Portsmouth98 »

MVL
John Glenn (4-1 3-1) @ Sheridan (5-0 3-0)
The Generals look to keep pace with Tri-Valley and New Lexington while The Little Muskies of John Glenn hope to force their way back into the MVL picture and move into a playoff spot.

SEOAL
Ironton (3-2 1-1) @ Chillicothe (3-2 2-0)
The winner of this game is probably in good shape for the playoffs while the loser will most likely drop out of the top 8. Chillicothe is also trying to stay unbeaten in the SEOAL

SVC
Zane Trace (3-2 2-0) @ Westfall (3-2 2-0)
Having beaten 4-1 Paint Valley and 3-2 Adena respectively these two squads are now in the drivers seat for an outright SVC title. The winner of this one will be in excellent shape for a trophy.

SOC 2
Waverly (3-2 0-0) @ Minford (5-0 0-0)
The first game of 5 grueling weeks of SOC play pits two wide open, athletic offenses against each other. Both schools are putting up 30+ PPG, and Waverly needs this win to get back into the Region 15 race while Minford looks good in R19.

OVC
COal Grove (2-3 0-0) @ Chesapeake (2-3 0-0)
Neither school has a realistic playoff opportunity this year but this will be the first step towards fighting their way into one and securing an OVC title.

TVC Ohio
Nelsonville York (4-1 2-0) @ Belpre (2-3 1-1)
Belpre gets what might be there last chance at defending their title and making the playoffs. Perennial playoff particapant and TVC champ Nelsonville will look to close the door on them Friday.

TVC Hocking
Federal Hocking (3-2 0-0) @ Southern (2-3 0-0)
The Lancers take their first step towards a TVC Hocking crown this week as they travel to Racine to take on the Tornadoes.

SOC 1
Oak Hill (3-2 0-0) @ East (4-1 0-0)
The winner of this one has the inside track on an SOC 1 title this year. This should be a great kick-off to the season.

SCOL
Miami Trace (2-3 0-1) @ Madison Plains (3-2 2-0)
The Golden Eagles of Madison Plains look to prove that the SCOL isn't a perennial 2 horse race by defending their home-turf against the Panthers who have beaten them 5 straight times.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: My Southeast Ohio games of the week

Post by noreply66 »

Sheridan will be too physical

Ironton needs to take this one or they won't be any gas for the TANK

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Sheridan will win easily but it is the game of the week in the MVL.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... IF Ironton OPENS UP the offense - taking advantage of their pass/catch talent and capabilities as a weapon of choice rather than a "come from behind" option ... I'll take I'town to keep it close if they mix up the O from the "git go" ... otherwise it's "Knight's Out" in Chilli with Caleb Knights throwing/running the Cavs to a 2+ TD "W" ...

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Chillicothe's size was pretty impressive. Their halfbacks were mostly in the 200-230 range and that one fullback was listed at 272. The line and receivers as whole groups were also bigger than any we've seen this year. However I know from watching Ironton last year that they do have some speed. Overall I think they can match each other pretty well physically so I think this one will come down to game plan and execution.

Return to “Football”