WK 6 Waverly @ Minford

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

oldcoachb
JV Team

Re: WK 6 Waverly @ Minford

Post by oldcoachb »

I cannot see Waverly stopping this offense.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

I can see them stopping this offense, they did last year when the 2 went at it in Waverly, Minford got embarrassed and it took 2 weeks for them to regain form. I dont want to hear how Minford is gonna win this by 3 td's although I would like to see it, most of us know that this game is going to be close and I hope our Falcons come out prepared like they did last week and play their best game of the year so far, cause thats what is going to take to beat Roback and Co.

Oh yeah dont forget about the year before last when they took it to Minford at the Pasture of Pain

last 2 years Waverly has beat Minford 73-2. How does that make you feel??????

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

watching waverly on the internet, they seem to really struggle stopping the run. If they don't button that up they will struggle against Minford, Burg, and West.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Minford seems to be on more of a mission this year....Waverly is not the Waverly of the past few years.

Minford by 10

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

O ye of little faith, this is a better team than last year. More depth, more speed, better kicking game.

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

Waverly is a ggod team, well coached with more than one playmaker that can go the didtance whenever they touch the ball. The last two years Waverly has crushed Minford. Minford will have to hold on to the ball and play their best game of the season. Minford seems to improve each game and will have to for this game. I like the home field advantage and Minford's diversity on offense. It should be a great game.

Tiger Grad 07
Waterboy

Post by Tiger Grad 07 »

I had to work last friday and wasn't at the game. I heard Malone got hurt but didn't hear what happened or whats wrong with him can someone fill me in??? If Waverly comes out strong through the whole game I think Waverly will pull it out by a touchdown or 2.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Roback is the most athletic player Minford has faced all year. He can really get it done in many ways for the Tigers. They seem to have good skill players.

Minford D has looked tough the past 2 weeks. They need to step it up this week and get pressure on the QB without letting him run through the blitz and pick up yards downfield.

My prediciton is:

Waverly 21
Minford 28

This should be a tight ball game.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

MIN FORD 27-19 10-0?

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I'm predicting Minford to win this game. No score given. I do hope Minford remembers last year when the score was 28-3 with 2 minutes to go in the game and Waverly driving on Minfords D at the 15 yard line and they still had Trevor Walls running the show and running it up to 35-3.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

marshallman wrote:I'm predicting Minford to win this game. No score given. I do hope Minford remembers last year when the score was 28-3 with 2 minutes to go in the game and Waverly driving on Minfords D at the 15 yard line and they still had Trevor Walls running the show and running it up to 35-3.

Wasn't the score of last year's game 33-0?

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

No actually it was 33-2 Minford had a safety at the scoreboard end of Raideger Field (I think thats how its spelled).

Muleskinner
Riding the Bench

Post by Muleskinner »

Here we go the SOC crown road starts here on Friday for teams in the SOC. This game will be close and a hard hitting game. Minford has looked good and better every week. Waverly is always tuff and dont quit. This game is closer than what people think. Good luck to both teams injury free game. Pulling for Minford to pull another one out this week. Good Luck to both teams.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

I haven't seen either team this season, but if I had to take a guess and pick a team, I would have to say Waverly. No reasoning behind it, I just think that Waverly has played a better quality of opponent, and that to me gives them an edge.

Waverly 52
Minford 49

In a thriller!

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

MuletownManiac wrote:No actually it was 33-2 Minford had a safety at the scoreboard end of Raideger Field (I think thats how its spelled).

You're right, 33-2. I still have no clue what game marshallman was talking about.

Dudley87
Waterboy

Post by Dudley87 »

marshallman wrote:I'm predicting Minford to win this game. No score given. I do hope Minford remembers last year when the score was 28-3 with 2 minutes to go in the game and Waverly driving on Minfords D at the 15 yard line and they still had Trevor Walls running the show and running it up to 35-3.

How many passes did Trevor throw during that drive?

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

too many, why would you put your DIV 1-A quarterback out there and take a risk of him getting hurt, when the game was clearly already in the bag. Example last week Minford was up 41-0 near the end of the 3rd quarter, but Coach Daniels pulled his starters, so that 1. you dont risk injury 2. respect of the other team by not running up the score, and 3. get your reserves some playing time against varsity competiton. JMO but, its over now lets get back on this weeks topic, and keep it classy and respectful.

Dudley87
Waterboy

Post by Dudley87 »

MuletownManiac wrote:too many, why would you put your DIV 1-A quarterback out there and take a risk of him getting hurt, when the game was clearly already in the bag. Example last week Minford was up 41-0 near the end of the 3rd quarter, but Coach Daniels pulled his starters, so that 1. you dont risk injury 2. respect of the other team by not running up the score, and 3. get your reserves some playing time against varsity competiton. JMO but, its over now lets get back on this weeks topic, and keep it classy and respectful.

And if your backup QB is also a starter? Do you move him from wide out to QB just to hand the ball of to the second string running back? Trevor didn't run the score up nor did the Waverly coaching staff. Now if they would have reached 41-0.....
Last edited by Dudley87 on Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

Minford goes 6-0. Great season thus far.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Have you heard any Waverly fans complaining about Franklin Heights passing the ball with their starters still in with under 2 minutes to play and up 42-27? They just happened to score on a pass play with 1:4? to play to go up 49-27.
Was that running up the score or whatever you think Waverly did to Minford last year?

Return to “Football”