WK 6 Waverly @ Minford

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Re: WK 6 Waverly @ Minford

Post by MuletownManiac »

Your right Waverly does have quite a few good players on their team, I mean Kretzer(i think thats how you spell it) has been very good for the tigers for just being a freshman, their defense is tough and quick I mean their linebackers are all fast and strong, their d-line has some big kids and can get in the backfield just as fast as any team we have played all year. On offense I think we know what theyve got, with alot of firepower. In Minfords case this is going to have to be a team effort just like last week, and play hard on every play and dont give up stupid penalties, and or mental letdowns, we should be sharp, prepared, and ready to hit. I work around the Chillicothe/Waverly area, and alot of people dont think that our Falcons have a chance to win this game, because the last two years we have been embarassed by the tigers, and frankly it makes me sick to think that they are going to come into our house and embarass us like that again. Remeber seniors this will be your last shot to play these guys, whats going to be your legacy :?: :?: :?:

Over the last 8 years Minford is 3-5 against Waverly with a points difference being 254-155 thats sickening and its time for a change, let the change start with this team, ITS TIME TO TURN THE TABLES :!: :!: :!:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bleeding Red,
I was talking about such posts like the ones from Redman and others.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

I agree 2010 this game will not be won by 1 player, their is good talent on both teams, and this should be a good one to start conference play for both teams.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Bleeding Red,
I was talking about such posts like the ones from Redman and others.

Gotcha :122249

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

i like my falcons chances in this one...their due to beat waverly......the key to this game will be minfords defense stopping roback...also field position and turnovers will be factors as well......minford 34-27

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

72Xcurl wrote:
marshallman wrote:I'm predicting Minford to win this game. No score given. I do hope Minford remembers last year when the score was 28-3 with 2 minutes to go in the game and Waverly driving on Minfords D at the 15 yard line and they still had Trevor Walls running the show and running it up to 35-3.

For all who care, here is Waverly's final drive of last years game. Do you think a team in their right mind would take a knee with 7 minutes remaining?

Waverly took their final drive of the game with 7 minutes on the clock. at their own 15
Play 1 --- 1st and 10 Caleb Rowland 11 yard run to the 26
Play 2 --- 1st and 10 Kevin Malone 24 yard run to the 50
TIMEOUT MINFORD 6:30 left
Play 3 --- 1st and 10 Trevor Walls to Trevor Arnett 5 yards to the Minford 45
Play 4 --- 2nd and 5 Kevin Malone 5 yard run to the 40
Play 5 -- 1st and 10 Kevin Malone 2 yard loss to the 42
Play 6 --- Trevor Walls to Adam Pettay 5 yards to the 37
Play 7 --- Caleb Rowland 11 yard run to the 26
Play 8 --- Trevor Walls 12 yard run to the 14
Play 9 --- Ian Colegrove 4 yard run to the 10
Play 10 -- Caleb Rowland 10 yard TD RUN

10 play 85 yard drive that took 5:27 of the final 7 minutes. Sounds like a team trying to run the clock out. Correct me if I am wrong. The TD run by Caleb Rowland was his FIRST of the season.

Where in the world do you come up with the fact from my quote that I said they were passing it? All I said is they had Walls under center running the show and not a backup QB when the game was in hand.

awesomepossum
Freshman Team

Post by awesomepossum »

Falcons haven't beat Waverly since 2004, It's about time.

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

This game comes down to which defense can slow down and occasionally stop the other's offense. Roback, Malone (hopefully), Price, Kretzer, and the rest can put points on the board but can the defense get enough stops. We'll find out soon enough. GO TIGERS!!!

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

heard today at work, malone runs for 150 on minfords D.... :122246 better strape it up falcons.....

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Minford's run defense is pretty good, I would love to see Malone rush for 150.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

That would be a pretty good feat, I'm not sure if Minford has given up that much yardage to a back all year, we'll see, trust me our boys are ready to rock, can you smell it in the air, its SOC time. If you cant get up for this one, you had better check your pulse. :122246 :122246

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

marshallman wrote:Where in the world do you come up with the fact from my quote that I said they were passing it? All I said is they had Walls under center running the show and not a backup QB when the game was in hand.

What's the difference in Walls handing the ball off and a backup handing it off? Either way, you're still wrong about Waverly running up the score!

Uncle C
Riding the Bench

Post by Uncle C »

i only have a few things to add..............defensive speed.......stop the Waverly QB
Ive seen the last 4 games of Minford in the last 3 games they haven't allowed a touchdown.......its time to step it up ....this isn't going to be like the last 4 teams you have played ....neither will be the next two....
to my horse in the middle......come out hard....lead them blocks

Go Red Speed is the key word here
Uncle c

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

I know that a 4th straight shutout is a lofty goal, ecspecially against these guys, but hey set your standards high, and bring it each and every play and the best team will win.

Rip em Up
Tear em Up
Give em H#ll Red!!!

Dudley87
Waterboy

Post by Dudley87 »

MuletownManiac wrote:I know that a 4th straight shutout is a lofty goal, ecspecially against these guys, but hey set your standards high, and bring it each and every play and the best team will win.

Rip em Up
Tear em Up
Give em H#ll Red!!!

Let's see.... Minford has not scored offensively on Waverly since 2005 and Nobody has scored against Minford in the last 3 contests?

Waverly wins 6-2 :-D
Last edited by Dudley87 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Dudley87 wrote:
MuletownManiac wrote:I know that a 4th straight shutout is a lofty goal, ecspecially against these guys, but hey set your standards high, and bring it each and every play and the best team will win.

Rip em Up
Tear em Up
Give em H#ll Red!!!

Let's see.... Minford has not scored offensively on Waverly since 2005 and Nobody has scored agains Minford in the last 3 contests?

Waverly wins 6-2 :-D

Yes, that is when Nick Pendleton had a career day, finding the endzone a total of 4 times against the tigers.

sportsfan9572
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan9572 »

Minford by 10 if they play like they did last week. Waverly just doesn't seem to be what they have been the last couple of years.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

sportsfan9572: "Waverly just doesn't seem to be what they have been the last couple of years."

Of course they're not, they lost 21 of those guys to graduation and only have a handful of seniors this year.
But I can tell you this; they don't quit and will never, ever lay down.

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:sportsfan9572: "Waverly just doesn't seem to be what they have been the last couple of years."

Of course they're not, they lost 21 of those guys to graduation and only have a handful of seniors this year.
But I can tell you this; they don't quit and will never, ever lay down.

The Falcons can not let up , if they want to beat the Tigers. They are dangerous.

Go Red

:12222

TheMan
Waterboy

Post by TheMan »

I think waverly will suprise ppl.....21-7tigers....minford hasnt played anybody this year..This is gonna be there first test..They almost got beat by welston

Return to “Football”