WK 6 Waverly @ Minford

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Re: WK 6 Waverly @ Minford

Post by Gucci »

RedStormRising wrote:just came from a little celebration. How bout them Falcons? Can they get some respect now? Where are all the ratchet jaws from Waverly now? oh what is that I hear? coughing no choking on the feathers from all the crow you are eating. 42-14!!? Way to go Minford. :-D

:aaaaa26

Instead of making a blanket statement calling out all Waverly fans, you should pinpoint who you are talking about. I stated earlier that the defense who makes the most stops will win this ball game. Tonight, Minford made the most stops and capitalized on 4 Tiger turnovers. Congratulations to Minford on a big win. Take caution however because Waverly hasn't been able to stop or even slow down the run all year.
There was some great hitting and blocking last night and that part was fun to watch!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

photo_electric_guy wrote:Nice job Minford...

More photos at.......... http://ginosphotos.net2go.com ...Look in Football 2008 folder under high school.

Thanks for looking...
Gino

This was one of the most impressive interceptions I have seen at the high school level. I am sure Roback thought Malone was open but Williams broke on the ball and closed amazingly fast to make the pick. To say this play was huge is an understatement.

72Xcurl
Freshman Team

Post by 72Xcurl »

tigerfaner wrote:
footballfan49 wrote:Great team effort tonight/ Minfod's O line and backs really block and hit. There was a lot of hard hitting. Roback takes your breath away every time he runs but the Minford D did a great job of containing him. Waverly really lacks strngth up front on both sides of the ball. Malone did not look 100 per cent to me. Great game by Minford. now get ready for Wheelersburg. Should be a great game. West may find Waverly very tough at home. Waverly is certainly capable of lighting up the scoreboard quickly.

Congrqatulations to the Minford coaching staff. They have really put a program together. A lot of underclassmen are playing. Minford was fortunate tonight to be a ble to start and O line that did not have to play any defense.

I don't think Malone was a hundred percent. After leaving the field on the squad last week, he needed to take it easy. Are the coaches trying to kill him off or something??? When they saw he was struggling why didn't they pull him. I will tell you one thing, that kid has some steel if you know what I mean. Some of the throws were just off and he still tried. Why were they playing him on offense and defense. Thought he was supposed to take it easy. Are they trying permanently injure him to just win a game. Seriously? I am not saying they were doing that on purpose but come on. Some props to him for doing his best. Great job tigers. Minford did do a great job, ecspecially containing Roback. Not that hot anymore. Congrats to Minford for winning and Congrats to Tigers for trying thier best. A double congrats to Malone for not quitting and persavering even when he wasn't ready to be out there.

One week we don't play him enough. The next week we play him to much. Come on guys, Kevin was cleared by the medical staff to play. If he had not been cleared we would not have dressed him period. Minford is a good football team and I personally wish them luck next week against the Pirates.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:

More photos at.......... http://ginosphotos.net2go.com ...Look in Football 2008 folder under high school.

Thanks for looking...
Gino

This was one of the most impressive interceptions I have seen at the high school level. I am sure Roback thought Malone was open but Williams broke on the ball and closed amazingly fast to make the pick. To say this play was huge is an understatement.

Talked with Aaron after the game and he said they were in man coverage and that was not his man. I just read the quarterback and made a break on the ball he told me. :122249 It will go down as The Pick!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

oldcoachb wrote:
RogueWarrior1965 wrote:

Thanks for looking...
Gino

Talked with Aaron after the game and he said they were in man coverage and that was not his man. I just read the quarterback and made a break on the ball he told me. :122249 It will go down as The Pick!

Absolutely. Malone looked wide open and a split second later Aaron made the pick. I am sure there were some on the Waverly side shaking their head wondering where he came from. That's what speed does for you baby! ;-)

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

This was a minus 6 points if ever their was ! If you look at the reciever, he still has the look of, I got this !

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Congratulations to a fine football team in the Minford Falcons. They dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and have some great athletes.

I don't see anyone eating crow based on what was said prior to the game. Most of the posts I saw from WAVERLY fans knew it was going to be tough to go to Minford and come away with the W. Everyone from Waverly who knows anything about football knows what the problems and issues are with the Tigers right now. We knew it was going to be a rebuilding year (after losing 21 seniors and most of your defense).

2 of the 3 interceptions were terribly UNDER thrown balls including the one in the photo. Malone was open (behind the defense) but the ball was thrown way short (as you should be able to tell). If the ball is thrown over the top it goes for 6. Same as the ball thrown at the other end in the end zone. Instead of 2 picks it's two scores for the Tigers. After more game time experience those passes will be on the money.
The 3rd pick returned to the house was a ball knocked loose from Malone as he began to catch it. He took a massive hit (did not get the number).

Waverly is a big play team and just weren't able to make the plays.

I do give the Waverly defense allot of credit for holding the Falcons scoreless in the 3rd quarter. The Tiger offense had several chances in the 3rd to even things up but couldn't get it done.

Malone may not have been 100% but to think Waverly coaches would play him at the risk of permanent damage - ARE YOU KIDDING ME! He would not have been playing if not cleared by the medical staff, who happens to be very qualified.

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

kudos to the Minford defense great hiiting, coverage, patience, containment and intensity

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Apparently there was a technical problem with the NexTVSports broadcast for the Minford vs. Waverly game. All they have is the postgame wrap up. :(

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

tigers2010, it was #15 slone(sophomore).. the same #15 that ran for 164 yards...

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:Apparently there was a technical problem with the NexTVSports broadcast for the Minford vs. Waverly game. All they have is the postgame wrap up. :(

Well it is Waverly biased if you havent figured that out already, I wouldnt want to show that either if I was a Waverly fan...lol

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

...It will go down as The Pick!

Absolutely. Malone looked wide open and a split second later Aaron made the pick. I am sure there were some on the Waverly side shaking their head wondering where he came from. That's what speed does for you baby!

Guys, He WAS wide open. There was nothing but green grass and goal line beyond Kevin. If it was man coverage and the young man who made the pick didn't have Kevin then it was a totally blown coverage because nobody else was close to him.

IT WAS AN UNDERTHROWN BALL! Plain and simple. Derek simply didn't put enough air under it so that Kevin could run to it. I don't think anybody would seriously want to debate if that was the limit of his range. That being said, it was a nice catch on the part of the young man from Minford.

Andy
Waterboy

Post by Andy »

MuletownManiac wrote:
RogueWarrior1965 wrote:Apparently there was a technical problem with the NexTVSports broadcast for the Minford vs. Waverly game. All they have is the postgame wrap up. :(

Well it is Waverly biased if you havent figured that out already, I wouldnt want to show that either if I was a Waverly fan...lol

http://www.nextvsports.com
The game is online, in what we can only call "Direct TV Fasion" we have never in over 50 games from last year to this year had a double failure. We use 2 methods of capturing to prevent loss but this was just one of those unfortunate nights. However, our 3rd capture for Instant replays did not fail and that is how you can see the entire game now in fast play. Each quarter is about 5 minutes long, and it's just one fast play after another, aka "Direct TV Style".. I'd be interested in hearing what everyone thinks of this style.. Thanks.. and sorry..

Our coverage is not just Waverly based.. our announcers are however ex waverly radio announcers and we are working with them to be more non bias. It's just some old habbits they are trying to break. We live closest to Piketon, but waverly just has been better for advertisement in our first year of football. If you check our schedule you will see that there are games other than Waverly on it. 3 West games are on there, as well as 2 Minford, and 2 Jackson, 2 Piketon, and yes the 5 Waverly because of adverts..

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask
Andy
http://www.nextvsports.com

the hit king
Freshman Team

Post by the hit king »

i guarantee you that we were not biased towards waverly at the minford game, muletown. i even nic-named the j.williams kid "big dog" maybe you were refering to the fact that we have covered 4 waverly games but like andy said they advertised the most. we will be doing the west minford game in a couple of weeks so listen in and see how we do. the most i might have said toward waverly was the word we refering to the tigers but i also did that for minford. all i know is that alot of high schools would love to have us do their games. we are trying to do better and we are getting better, just listen in and you will see.

Andy
Waterboy

Post by Andy »

tjfred wrote:i guarantee you that we were not biased towards waverly at the minford game, muletown. i even nic-named the j.williams kid "big dog" maybe you were refering to the fact that we have covered 4 waverly games but like andy said they advertised the most. we will be doing the west minford game in a couple of weeks so listen in and see how we do. the most i might have said toward waverly was the word we refering to the tigers but i also did that for minford. all i know is that alot of high schools would love to have us do their games. we are trying to do better and we are getting better, just listen in and you will see.

hehe.. Tfred, you are just an old dog that is learning some new tricks.. You're doing fine man..

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Well, I have been watching the games you broadcast all year and I think you fellows are doing a fine job. Keep up the good work.

tigerfaner
Waterboy

Post by tigerfaner »

72Xcurl wrote:
tigerfaner wrote:
footballfan49 wrote:Great team effort tonight/ Minfod's O line and backs really block and hit. There was a lot of hard hitting. Roback takes your breath away every time he runs but the Minford D did a great job of containing him. Waverly really lacks strngth up front on both sides of the ball. Malone did not look 100 per cent to me. Great game by Minford. now get ready for Wheelersburg. Should be a great game. West may find Waverly very tough at home. Waverly is certainly capable of lighting up the scoreboard quickly.

Congrqatulations to the Minford coaching staff. They have really put a program together. A lot of underclassmen are playing. Minford was fortunate tonight to be a ble to start and O line that did not have to play any defense.

I don't think Malone was a hundred percent. After leaving the field on the squad last week, he needed to take it easy. Are the coaches trying to kill him off or something??? When they saw he was struggling why didn't they pull him. I will tell you one thing, that kid has some steel if you know what I mean. Some of the throws were just off and he still tried. Why were they playing him on offense and defense. Thought he was supposed to take it easy. Are they trying permanently injure him to just win a game. Seriously? I am not saying they were doing that on purpose but come on. Some props to him for doing his best. Great job tigers. Minford did do a great job, ecspecially containing Roback. Not that hot anymore. Congrats to Minford for winning and Congrats to Tigers for trying thier best. A double congrats to Malone for not quitting and persavering even when he wasn't ready to be out there.

One week we don't play him enough. The next week we play him to much. Come on guys, Kevin was cleared by the medical staff to play. If he had not been cleared we would not have dressed him period. Minford is a good football team and I personally wish them luck next week against the Pirates.

Just because the boy was cleared to play as in it is okay for him to play health wise doesn't mean he had completely recovered from last week. Nobody has ever said that you don't play him enough, just that he doesn't get the ball enough to show people what he really is capable of. Geeze guys, get it right. (just joking, keeping it light)

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Roback and Malone are very talented athletes and Waverly is lucky to have them, now go out and beat those Dirty Siders this week!!!

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

...just that he doesn't get the ball enough to show people what he really is capable of.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Kevin is on pace to gain 2,000 yards rushing and receiving combined this season. I don't believe that anyone has ever done that at Waverly before. I'd say that means he's getting the ball his fair share.

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

look at it how you want, and I'm tryin to stand up for any players that are being treated like roback... The tigers lost as a team and minford won as a team.. players make mistakes and they must learn.. roback is a fine player indeed and knows it wasnt his greatest game but that can be contributed to minfords defense.. it goes 'round and 'round and in the end the whole team is at fault for a loss or successful for a win..

Return to “Football”