Ironton 9 VS Chillicothe 17 - FINAL

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton 9 VS Chillicothe 17 - FINAL

Post by biggdowgg »

Portsmouth West is 6 and 0,theur head coach;s name is Triplett < spell?

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: IRONTON VS CHILLICOTHE - UPDATES

Post by Tigercannon71 »

converterfan wrote:thats the worst play calling ive seen from ironton. mabey its time for a change??????????? freeman was on tonight as he is every friday and dont get enough carries. put murphy back there as a decoy. he surely is not in shape to play guard ,FB , And defense........ jmo!!!!!!!!!! dont get me wrong he is a great football player but no 1 man can take on that much respondsibility without a break. spread the ball out and get with the times . i am a tiger fan but this is not the same lutz were used to seeing.!!!!!!!!

These arent the same kids we are used to seeing either.

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

Congrats to chilli and the defensive coaches....shut down the running game of I Town for the most part In my observations Chilli could have scored 2-3 more TDs Also GREAT sportsmanship by not scoring at the end when you had the ball on the 4 yd line at the end of the game taking a knee was VERY classy Chilli keeps getting better and better GO BLUE

Army
S

Post by Army »

Hopsing wrote:Congrats to chilli and the defensive coaches....shut down the running game of I Town for the most part In my observations Chilli could have scored 2-3 more TDs Also GREAT sportsmanship by not scoring at the end when you had the ball on the 4 yd line at the end of the game taking a knee was VERY classy Chilli keeps getting better and better GO BLUE

Hopsing,

Great Post, I agree :!:

One game at a time Cavs :!:

GO CAVS :!: :-D

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

Hopsing wrote:...In my observations Chilli could have scored 2-3 more TDs
Ironton fans undoubtedly would say the same thing about the Fighting Tigers

Hopsing wrote:...Also GREAT sportsmanship by not scoring at the end when you had the ball on the 4 yd line at the end of the game taking a knee was VERY classy Chilli keeps getting better and better...
Agreed... unlike a certain other team which shall remain nameless

Also, kudos to the PA announcer for at least once in a while referring to Ironton by their proper nickname, the Fighting Tigers

I think I speak for many Ironton fans by saying that this was an extremely frustrating game from the fans' point of view; and I'll let it go at that.

Congrats to Chillicothe and good luck the rest of the way.

And one further observation: Ironton will have to win out because I don't think 6-4 will get Ironton a playoff spot.

queenofhearts
Freshman Team

Post by queenofhearts »

How serious are the ironton injuries

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

The staff is still playing head games with this team just to show them whose in charge, but it seems to be biting this team and this staff in the arse.

If the chemistry, is good on a mix you don't mess with it. When you do look what happens. WAKE UP and smell the daisies, and quit playing head games with these kids and let them play the game.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

I agree GFT, 6-4 won't get us in, but the big question is, can Ironton win out?

IMO as long as the coaches keep playing their BS head games with the line-up, we might lose 2 possibly 3 of our remaining games.

At this rate, the kids will be so disheartened, that they will not play with the confidence, or the heart they had a couple of weeks ago. And really who could blame them, I for 1 would not.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I can see Ironton going 3 and 1

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

Congrats to chilli, One question Ironton fans WHY NOT UTILIZE #32 ERIN EDENS MORE? especially after the injuries we had last night

Army
S

Post by Army »

noreply66 wrote:I can see Ironton going 3 and 1

noreply66,

I can't see I-Town going 3-1, unless they choke at N-Y. But, WITH THAT STATED, I can't see them doing that. There line will start to blow away N-Y by the second half, thus, opening huge holes for there backs TO RUN THROUGH. I see them going 4-0 the rest of the way.

Good luck to our friends from the river, The Ironton Fighting Tigers concerning the rest of the SEOAL Season.

One game at a time CAVS :!:

Last edited by Army on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

converterfan
Freshman Team

Post by converterfan »

tigerdad wrote:Congrats to chilli, One question Ironton fans WHY NOT UTILIZE #32 ERIN EDENS MORE? especially after the injuries we had last night

why not just find the best 15-16 players let THEM play the game like they used to do. !!!!!instead of trying to start the whole team. its not cause they cant get in shape cause that what irontons done forever.....

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

:122246

friday
Waterboy

Post by friday »

tigerdad wrote:Congrats to chilli, One question Ironton fans WHY NOT UTILIZE #32 ERIN EDENS MORE? especially after the injuries we had last night

I agree with tigerdad, Edens had a couple of good runs and then did not get the ball anymore.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I think the better question is why cant we hold on to the football? You cant win a game if you get in the red zone and fumble the ball away.

Tiger-Brother
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger-Brother »

You can't get into the red zone and have some awful play calling either!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Here is the sports article on this game by the Chillicothe Gazette.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/apps/ ... YrhZlTE%3D

One game at a time CAVS :!:

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Those first two sentences say everything thats wrong. You know normally when Ironton gets beat they come back with a venegance the next week. They play like wildmen that has to prove a point. The past few years they get beat and it looks like they say, "Oh well it happens."

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

army, great meeting you. your cavs played a great game. knights is a handful, and 44. is a beast. with that said, and no disrespect to chilli.

i can't again feel we blew another game with turnovers. 2 i know of fumble wise in the redzone, and an interception , late as we were driving . man, it was just a head shaker, for tiger fans. i don't believe we can lose another and still make the playoffs. we gotta protect the ball. well, lets get ready for them ironmen.

Return to “Football”