Ironton 9 VS Chillicothe 17 - FINAL

tigerpride
Waterboy

Re: IRONTON VS CHILLICOTHE - UPDATES

Post by tigerpride »

converterfan wrote:thats the worst play calling ive seen from ironton. mabey its time for a change??????????? freeman was on tonight as he is every friday and dont get enough carries. put murphy back there as a decoy. he surely is not in shape to play guard ,FB , And defense........ jmo!!!!!!!!!! dont get me wrong he is a great football player but no 1 man can take on that much respondsibility without a break. spread the ball out and get with the times . i am a tiger fan but this is not the same lutz were used to seeing.!!!!!!!!

What a joke. I think all of you that criticize Lutz and Burcham need to get over it. If you are a real tiger fan you know that they are the best coaches out there. I guess this is where we really tell who is bandwagon fansare. I would be ashamed to criticize them,. you are the same people who go up to them and sing their praises. They are 110% dedicated to the Tigers and made our football program so successful,. What a shame.

tigerpride
Waterboy

Re: Ironton 9 VS Chillicothe 17 - FINAL

Post by tigerpride »

All you fans that run your mouths in the stands need to remember that the player's parents, siblings, grandparents, etc. could be sitting right in front of you and the same goes for the coach's family. I think we should support the coaches and the players wholeheartedly, if you have something negative to say, keep it to yourself.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

[quote="bLaCk-N-bLuE"] i understand lutz wanted to come back to get the record.[ /quote]

That sentence right there shows you have no clue what is going on. You are showing that you are some non fan trying to stir some imaginary pot. If you knew anything about Ironton football and trueIronton fans you would know Coach Lutz is not about individual records. He is about team acomplishments.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

were ironton to cut out 1/2 of the turnovers we could be possibly be 5-1 right now. the worst fumbling team they have had in years!! disheartening to watch after awhile though i was there on the fence line talking to an old friend of coy bacon's from chilli. newsflash!!!!! we will keep this feeling of despair in our guts as long as we try to compete in a league full of larger schools that have grown while we have shrank over the years. just a lasting slap in the face the last administration has left on our cheeks

Army
S

Post by Army »

tl895,

I talked to two I-Town fans after the game, and they stated the same thing you just said on here. One said, in 2 years Ironton would be out of the SEOAL. They both stated, the Fighting Tigers might be gone after this or next season. Stating, time will tell according to the next couple of Ironton board meetings. Travel was another concern in all other sports. Football for travel was not bad they said, but in other sports, they mentioned it was.

So if the Fighting Tigers leave. WOW.

Chillicothe has been there too. In the OCC from 1977 Winter-to-2006 Spring. We know all to well about be the little guy in a league full of teams that continue to grow and triple in size. Heck, a few of the OCC Teams our CAVS played against, had H.S. stadium's better than some colleges in Ohio did. One thing to mention though, Portsmouth is the smallest school in the SEOAL, and from our understanding they seem to like the SEOAL. I know Chillicothe loves the SEOAL.

Not saying one way or the other, but many up this way are still confused as to why the SOC II don't want your Ironton Fighting Tigers and Portsmouth Trojans in that Conference for more competition. I know Wheelersburg would most likely say yes, but I doubt any others in the SOC II would. Likewise, why doesn't the OVC invite Ironton in? More competition just makes a league or conference get stronger.

What ever happens in the future, I hope the best for Ironton.

One game at time CAVS :!:

GO CAVS :!: :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

FIDO,

So right you are :!:

I think the problem is, the entire SOC I and SOC II votes a new member in. No matter what division they are going into. And, it's all or none. Can you believe that Portsmouth Clay, New Boston, Pike Eastern, Pike Western and South Webster who has no established football programs, could be one of the schools saying no to Ironton or Portsmouth?

I think the SOC could actually align and become a great Conference in Southern Ohio with:

SOC I
South Gallia D6 (Add)
Symmes Valley D6
Green D6
Portsmouth East D6
Oak Hill D5
Portsmouth Notre Dame D6

SOC II
Waverly D4
Minford D5
Lucasville Valley D5
Northwest D4
Portsmouth West D5
Portsmouth D4
Wheelersburg D5
Ironton D4

SOC III
Ironton St. Joe D6 (Add)
South Webster D5
New Boston D6
Portsmouth Clay D6
Pike Eastern D6
Pike Western D6

Or an OVC with:

Ironton D4
Rock Hill D4
Coal Grove D5
South Point D4
Chesapeake D5
Fairland D4
River Valley D4

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i will say this, i refused to friday, but it has been eating at me. so i'll say it. i was kinda appalled at some of the officiating friday night at chilli. no, it was not enough to cost us the game, turnovers did that. but chilli's o-line was hooking our d- linemen all night long, esp. on the edges. and on 2 different occasions, a tiger just got exploded well out of bounds. with no call. you telling me those officials, could see a little flinch , to call a false start. but not see a kid get blasted 4/5 yards out of bounds.

but what upsets me the worst. is that it was not just football, and it's natural course of injuries that got our fullback wetzel hurt. but he had at least 5 players holding him up , driving him backwards. they were holding him up continuing to take shots. his forward progress was stopped several seconds before. there should have been a whistle, wetzel , could not even hit the deck, because he was being held up. then the whole pile crashed onto him, as mercifully a whistle was finally heard. i hold the officials of the chilli /ironton game accountable for wetzel's injury. i jusy hope it's not what i suspect it is. you can call me crazy, thats already been said, but if you were there, you saw it yourself. ironton was not meant to be close in that game.

tigerpride
Waterboy

Post by tigerpride »

i heard someone on this thread was running their mouth Friday about the coaches.

ItownFanatic
Waterboy

Post by ItownFanatic »

People just need to learn to move on, our fans are upset on a few losses, which a couple could of been wins, but seriously learn to move on WITH the team and coaches and focus on the next game. Playoffs are still in the picture for the Fighting Tigers so lets focus on it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i will say this, i refused to friday, but it has been eating at me. so i'll say it. i was kinda appalled at some of the officiating friday night at chilli. no, it was not enough to cost us the game, turnovers did that. but chilli's o-line was hooking our d- linemen all night long, esp. on the edges. and on 2 different occasions, a tiger just got exploded well out of bounds. with no call. you telling me those officials, could see a little flinch , to call a false start. but not see a kid get blasted 4/5 yards out of bounds.

but what upsets me the worst. is that it was not just football, and it's natural course of injuries that got our fullback wetzel hurt. but he had at least 5 players holding him up , driving him backwards. they were holding him up continuing to take shots. his forward progress was stopped several seconds before. there should have been a whistle, wetzel , could not even hit the deck, because he was being held up. then the whole pile crashed onto him, as mercifully a whistle was finally heard. i hold the officials of the chilli /ironton game accountable for wetzel's injury. i jusy hope it's not what i suspect it is. you can call me crazy, thats already been said, but if you were there, you saw it yourself. ironton was not meant to be close in that game.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i'm not talking about coaching , i'm talking about officiating that cost us our fullback. i don't know if that comment was steered towards me. but i think the coaching has definately been questionable, at best this year. so you heard that from the horses mouth.

tigerpride
Waterboy

Post by tigerpride »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:i will say this, i refused to friday, but it has been eating at me. so i'll say it. i was kinda appalled at some of the officiating friday night at chilli. no, it was not enough to cost us the game, turnovers did that. but chilli's o-line was hooking our d- linemen all night long, esp. on the edges. and on 2 different occasions, a tiger just got exploded well out of bounds. with no call. you telling me those officials, could see a little flinch , to call a false start. but not see a kid get blasted 4/5 yards out of bounds.

but what upsets me the worst. is that it was not just football, and it's natural course of injuries that got our fullback wetzel hurt. but he had at least 5 players holding him up , driving him backwards. they were holding him up continuing to take shots. his forward progress was stopped several seconds before. there should have been a whistle, wetzel , could not even hit the deck, because he was being held up. then
the whole pile crashed onto him, as mercifully a whistle was finally heard. i hold the officials of the chilli /ironton game accountable for wetzel's injury. i jusy hope it's not what i suspect it is. you can call me crazy, thats already been said, but if you were there, you saw it yourself. ironton was not meant to be close in that game.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i'm not talking about coaching , i'm talking about officiating that cost us our fullback. i don't know if that comment was steered towards me. but i think the coaching has definately been questionable, at best this year. so you heard that from the horses mouth.

Coaching has been questionable, I would be ashamed. The coaches can't get out there and play. I think next time you want to criticize the coaches, keep it to yourself at the games. I know a lot of people have been talking about it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

but the coach's can throw the ball when there are 10 men in the box. i'm done with this. the whole stadium is talking about this, why single me out. classy move. i go because i'm a fan, but i have a mind too. you need to call out everybody then, that is questioning some things, by gosh, at least i was man enough to admit it. hide behind your user name all you want. :-D

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

I think after watching the game friday Ironton has a good team . Turnovers were the key to the game , coaches can't help that . I hope the kids injured heal quick and it's not serious . Cavs were alittle deeper and it showed in the 4th . Good Luck you all are passionate and good fans !!!
Last edited by chilltown on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i disagree about the dsepth thing. we did seem to get an unusual amount of people hurt. but i still feel we can win out, make the playoffs. and get back to playing teams our own size. and move on into the playoffs. did you pay any attention to what i said about the officiating. it cost us our fullback.

tigerpride
Waterboy

Post by tigerpride »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:but the coach's can throw the ball when there are 10 men in the box. i'm done with this. the whole stadium is talking about this, why single me out. classy move. i go because i'm a fan, but i have a mind too. you need to call out everybody then, that is questioning some things, by gosh, at least i was man enough to admit it. hide behind your user name all you want. :-D

Believe me I don't hide behind my username, i just pm you who I am. Don't talk about the coaches or players unless you want to be called out for it.
Last edited by tigerpride on Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Now the Ironton fans are getting on each other which happens when they are not winning.

tigerpride
Waterboy

Post by tigerpride »

farmer wrote:Now the Ironton fans are getting on each other which happens when they are not winning.

Why you continue to post on Ironton threads amazes me, go post on Portsmouth WEst threads.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and i have answered your pm's. and have too much class to call you a moron. as you are saying i must have said something publically about questioning the coaching strategies this year. i hope you realize that is not only the talk of the ironton sidelines , but that of every team we've played to date. if you don't believe me go back through the topics about our previos games, hundreds of people from ironton and our opponents questioning if we are using our talents right. you act so classy in person. but yet. get on here, call me out publically, then call me a moron.

NUFF SAID.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

tigerpride wrote:
farmer wrote:Now the Ironton fans are getting on each other which happens when they are not winning.

Why you continue to post on Ironton threads amazes me, go post on Portsmouth WEst threads.

Why not??? Did I say something wrong???

Return to “Football”