WK 7 Nelsonville-York vs. Alexander

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Re: wk 7 nelsonville-york vs. alexander

Post by Joedirt »

I'm a Spartan alumni and well I am pretty sure I know whats going to happen so no smack from me! :-D Would like to see a good game though.One thing I will say is that there is some young talent on the team.Good luck to both teams and Im sure the smack will begin soon.Boston has more class than to run up score.NY 36-Alex14

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

i think this post should have been saved for next week, but what hey. i disagree with Boston not running up the score. he has been known to run it up against alexander (i am not putting mr boston down. even though im sure ignorant people will beg the differ.). normally i think there is no such thing as running up the score, because it is the d's job to stop the offense, and its the offense job to score everytime theyre on the field. Although leaving the starters in late into the fourth quarter may qualify as running the score up in my book.

as far as the game it is too soon to make my prediction. i also hope for a good game no matter the outcome. last years game was a pretty good game, and could have been closer had the alexander kick return for a touchdown not get called back. anyway goodluck to both teams.

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

Atown maybe he likes to score alot when playing Alex. He has his reasons,he did good things for the Alex program only to have it swiped away.I just hope Arno gets to stick around for awhile,seems to be a pretty good guy and coach.
Any how I will be rooting for the Spartans but just dont think it will happen.They have good young talent that play hard. 8)

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

This thread deserves to be up now, from all the smack that's been going on. Ok now bring it Alexander folks because were gonna have a great time making u folks eat your words next week. so u better start talking NY is #1 in this county and dont ever forget it : :122249

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I really have only seen one person from Alex on here talking smack. For the most part, fans from Alex realize that to beat NY is not a probability, though anything can happen. Coach Boston will not run up the score due to a message board.

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

thank you for realizing that it has been ONE person that has ran his mouth. and while i will not run my mouth im still going to pull for a spartan upset. i dont honestly care what you have to say.

i am not going to disagree with boston doing good things at alexander. from what i hear he did a great job. i dont know if he resigned from the position or if he was fired, i also do not care, nor do i wish to start an arguement over it (even though im sure some ny fan will take this the wrong way and become enraged.) i have said it before and ill say it again. i have been told stories about bostons time here at alexander, from a number of different people, and from what i hear it was "leave" or "your fired". enough about it. i dont want to hear another thing about it.

i absolutely do not think that you can count alexander out of this contest because of the simple fact that they have yet to beat ny. sooner or later the win will come. why not now?

GO SPARTANS!!!

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

As I said in my post,

"Most fans from Alex realize that to beat NY is not a probability"

I did not say they would not beat NY but simply stated that it would be an uphill climb to do so. I also didn't say that NY would definitely win this game. I realize you may or may not have been responding to my comment but I just wanted to clarify my statement.

The incident you refer to at Alex is true and an unfortunate situation for everyone involved but mainly the people that it happened to. I know everyone involved has learned a lesson from it and that is all I am gonna say about that.

As for the game. Good Luck to both teams and Go Buckeyes.

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

thank you for clearing things up, and for supporting me. But yes it is a very unfortunate event that im sure will never happen again. I also think that everyone learned a lesson.

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

Since Oregon State upset USC, and if Alex pulls a BIG upset over NY,does that mean the Spartans will be giant killers? If so, can we storm your field?
Just kidding Buckeye's, to nice of a field to do that, we will just take your cannon for a year. :lol: :lol:

bucksfan08
Freshman Team

Post by bucksfan08 »

WHOAAAA somebody better slow Arnold down or.....its gonna be a LONG night for Spartans. i take the buckeyes 42-7

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

I will start out with wishing both teams an injury free game. I will not say anything bad about ALEXANDER as for I was born and raised in Albany, OHIO and graduated from Alex. But I have since been converted to a BUCKEYE and will continue to support our team. As for the smack I have seen on here the last few weeks I will say that Alexander has many wonderful people and maybe 1 or 2 idiots that get on here.

GO BUCKEYE’S WIN BIG

Score
Buckeye’s 48

Spartans 7

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

hear comes thebuckeyes

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

JUSTAFAN89 wrote:Since Oregon State upset USC, and if Alex pulls a BIG upset over NY,does that mean the Spartans will be giant killers? If so, can we storm your field?
Just kidding Buckeye's, to nice of a field to do that, we will just take your cannon for a year. :lol: :lol:

If Alex manages to upset the Buckeyes Friday night I don't think there is a fence around that could stop you guys from storming the field. :lol: Good luck, see ya Friday.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

Belpre beat alexander we beat belpre 43-7 so we will beat alex even worse NY 52 alex 0 reserves come out in 3rd

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

I am taking NY in this one BIG!!!!!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

NY and Alexander have played 36 times and Alexander has yet to beat NY. NY has 35 wins, and there was one tie in 1974:

NY leads all-time series 35 wins, 0 losses, 1 tie
1972 Nelsonville-York (H) 14-0
1973 Nelsonville-York (A) 20-6
1974 Tie (H) 0-0
1975 Nelsonville-York (A) 12-6
1976 Nelsonville-York (H) 14-8
1977 Nelsonville-York (A) 14-8
1978 Nelsonville-York (H) 28-6
1979 Nelsonville-York (A) 40-0
1980 Nelsonville-York (H) 56-13
1981 Nelsonville-York (A) 50-6
1982 Nelsonville-York (H) 58-0
1983 Nelsonville-York (A) 26-7
1984 Nelsonville-York (H) 21-6
1985 Nelsonville-York (A) 54-14
1986 Nelsonville-York (H) 26-0
1987 Nelsonville-York (A) 46-0
1988 Nelsonville-York (H) 24-0
1989 Nelsonville-York (A) 46-0
1990 Nelsonville-York (H) 49-8
1991 Nelsonville-York (A) 33-8
1992 Nelsonville-York (H) 34-0
1993 Nelsonville-York (A) 35-16
1994 Nelsonville-York (H) 48-14
1995 Nelsonville-York (A) 20-14
1996 Nelsonville-York (H) 36-14
1997 Nelsonville-York (A) 41-0
1998 Nelsonville-York (H) 49-13
1999 Nelsonville-York (A) 35-14
2000 Nelsonville-York (H) 56-6
2001 Nelsonville-York (A) 30-0
2002 Nelsonville-York (H) 40-6
2003 Nelsonville-York (A) 40-13
2004 Nelsonville-York (H) 47-12
2005 Nelsonville-York (A) 46-22
2006 Nelsonville-York (H) 47-6
2007 Nelsonville-York (A) 26-13

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Man , Looking at that list there is a lot of lopsides scores on there, N-Y by 24

head_hunter
Waterboy

Post by head_hunter »

buckeyeguy wrote:This thread deserves to be up now, from all the smack that's been going on. Ok now bring it Alexander folks because were gonna have a great time making u folks eat your words next week. so u better start talking NY is #1 in this county and dont ever forget it : :122249

really? i would like to see them play Cincinattii Coleraign(spelled wrong) maybe they can beat them if they are # 1 in the country :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”