WK 7 Nelsonville-York vs. Alexander

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Re: WK 7 Nelsonville-York vs. Alexander

Post by buckeyeguy »

Binary wrote:Don't ever forget, a wise prepster posted a few weeks ago that Alexander and Federal Hocking are the 2 best teams in Athens County. :!:

yes he was a dreamer too... NY#1 trimble#2 fedhock# 3 athens#4 and alex#5

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

When the streak becomes broken,LOOK OUT,Buckeye fans will pull out the hankies and cry the blue's :aaaaa18
By the way how is Talbert doing?Is he walking with a boot or still on crutches?Hope to see him back for playoffs if you get there. 8)

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Someone from NY should make a call to FH to set up a game. I know a lot of people down in Lancer land would really like to see FH v. NY. Just to settle the "best in the county" issue. A few years ago they were really chomping at the bit when they saw a possible playoff match-up between the two. Some of the coaches were even talking about it. I think someone from both schools should look into getting a game scheduled between the two. I am sure all it would take is a phone call. :idea:

sports mom 09
Freshman Team

Post by sports mom 09 »

buckeyeguy wrote:
admar wrote:
buckeyeguy wrote:I saw alex play and they aint even 25% as good as ny so those who think their going to beat us dream on ;-) :roll:

nothing wrong with having dreams!

You know something------------I bet that FH thought the same thing about the Spartans when they went down there and won 27-0. Yep, FH had a bad night and there comes a time when NY will have a bad one. Maybe the Spartans will have some luck on their side on Friday night that it will be NY BAD night. Yep, we can all dream...sure wish my dreams came true....Good luck to both teams!!!! Regardless of the results, I hope a safe game to each team. Go Spartans!!!

dont compare fedhock to ny. they aint as good as ny. had ny played that game it would have been the same thing its going to be this weekend a blowout.. thats like trying to compare eastern to the burg :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I appreciate your loyalty to NY but to put other teams down, come on....FH is a VERY GOOD team. ANY team can be beat at any given time, expecially when they know they are going to win...Over confidence will put you in the L column. I support my team too but I do not put other teams down by comparing them to less talented teams. These are kids playing. Lets keep it positive... The Spartans might end up on the losing end this Friday but we will still be supportive of them.

WarriorBoy
Riding the Bench

Post by WarriorBoy »

I don't see the Bucks on the short end of this game. Just hope that remember that the players on the field are just playing the game. Otherwise it could get very ugly, score wise. NY by 5 TD's

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

i agree both r good teams with great kids and i want to see both make it far this year goodluck guys

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

I say Nelsonville wins Big as they usually do and the Spartans go home with another loss to the BUCKEYE’S. As I always have in the last 15 years I go with the Buckeye’s over the Spartans. But any other week I cheer for the Spartans to pull off the big win. Once the BUCKEYE’S win I’ll call my little sister that is a cheer leader for the Spartans and rub it in.

GO BUCKEYE’S

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I smell bad wrote:Someone from NY should make a call to FH to set up a game. I know a lot of people down in Lancer land would really like to see FH v. NY. Just to settle the "best in the county" issue. A few years ago they were really chomping at the bit when they saw a possible playoff match-up between the two. Some of the coaches were even talking about it. I think someone from both schools should look into getting a game scheduled between the two. I am sure all it would take is a phone call. :idea:

I would love to see them play each other if FH has turned things around and can be competative in the game. NY and FH played every year through 1992 and the scores were even more lopsided then the NY/Alex scores.

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

DILLIGAF wrote:Nelsonville big in this one

Congrats on your tvc ohio title this year ;-)

As Lee Corso says... "not so fast my friend"
There is still alot of football to be played and when you become to confident,you get beat! 4 more days till gameday!!! 8)

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

JUSTAFAN89 wrote:
DILLIGAF wrote:Nelsonville big in this one

Congrats on your tvc ohio title this year ;-)

As Lee Corso says... "not so fast my friend"
There is still alot of football to be played and when you become to confident,you get beat! 4 more days till gameday!!! 8)

if the players get over confident........................ not us were fans not players so it wont matter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

NYBucksDad wrote:I say Nelsonville wins Big as they usually do and the Spartans go home with another loss to the BUCKEYE’S. As I always have in the last 15 years I go with the Buckeye’s over the Spartans. But any other week I cheer for the Spartans to pull off the big win. Once the BUCKEYE’S win I’ll call my little sister that is a cheer leader for the Spartans and rub it in.

GO BUCKEYE’S

i find this quote funny. i wouldnt say that nelsonville won big last year considering it was less than two touchdowns. it very easily could have been close had the kick return for a touchdown not been called back.

spartans over buckeyes 15-14
GO SPARTANS!!!

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

ATownWarrior you dont know anything about buckeye football if 14 points is all you can come up with in a game like this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

look at the NY, Belpre game 43-7 :122249 and belpre beat alex :roll: :roll:

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

I smell bad wrote:Someone from NY should make a call to FH to set up a game. I know a lot of people down in Lancer land would really like to see FH v. NY. Just to settle the "best in the county" issue. A few years ago they were really chomping at the bit when they saw a possible playoff match-up between the two. Some of the coaches were even talking about it. I think someone from both schools should look into getting a game scheduled between the two. I am sure all it would take is a phone call. :idea:

From what i was told from a good source,Nelsonville York has tried and fh NO WAY WONT HAPPEN GO BUCKEYES

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Buckeyes vs. Lancers:

NY leads all-time series 22 wins, 1 loss
1970 Federal Hocking (H) 28-0
1971 Nelsonville-York (A) 39-14
1972 Nelsonville-York (H) 52-0
1973 Nelsonville-York (A) 52-0
1974 Nelsonville-York (H) 33-8
1975 Nelsonville-York (A) 27-6
1976 Nelsonville-York (H) 20-6
1977 Nelsonville-York (A) 6-0
1978 Nelsonville-York (H) 23-8
1979 Nelsonville-York (A) 47-0
1980 Nelsonville-York (H) 68-7
1981 Nelsonville-York (A) 38-0
1982 Nelsonville-York (H) 63-0
1983 Nelsonville-York (A) 19-0
1984 Nelsonville-York (H) 30-0
1985 Nelsonville-York (A) 30-6
1986 Nelsonville-York (H) 27-0
1987 Nelsonville-York (A) 34-8
1988 Nelsonville-York (H) 26-0
1989 Nelsonville-York (A) 28-7
1990 Nelsonville-York (H) 52-0
1991 Nelsonville-York (A) 42-6
1992 Nelsonville-York (H) 41-0

After an opening series loss, NY defeated FH 22 years straight, with FH never scoring more than one touchdown in the final 21 years.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

NY wanted a game. FH didn't return the call, and did not want the game. Those in control of such things at the time were fearful of FH reverting back to the FH of old.

NY was trying to fill several games for the 2008 season. FH was one of the first NY tried to contact.

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

nybucks05 wrote:lee corso would pick the buckeyes anyways. sooooo hmmmm now what genius

Ok then.....
Everyone know's Mark May dislike's the Buckeye's,so he'll take the Spartans!So now what? :) :-D :lol:
buckeyeguy wrote:ATownWarrior you dont know anything about buckeye football if 14 points is all you can come up with in a game like this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All right then Spartans 16 NY 12 we get both of our 2 pt conversions! :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

First off, anybody can get you on any night if you're not ready. Normally a team from NY doesn't get up for Alex and there might be the possibility of a let down. Take into consideration the drama between these two schools last year, there isn't a snowballs chance that NY overlooks the Spartans. The cannon crew might be the only ones caught napping this week. Load up on the powder boys just in case. ;-)

Good luck to the Spartans, just not this week. :122245

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

JUSTAFAN89 wrote:
nybucks05 wrote:lee corso would pick the buckeyes anyways. sooooo hmmmm now what genius

Ok then.....
Everyone know's Mark May dislike's the Buckeye's,so he'll take the Spartans!So now what? :) :-D :lol:
buckeyeguy wrote:ATownWarrior you dont know anything about buckeye football if 14 points is all you can come up with in a game like this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All right then Spartans 16 NY 12 we get both of our 2 pt conversions! :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24

your a joke
Im going to have a good time making u eat those words when alex loses :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

as far as im concerned there will be no eating of words...not from me at least. Yea i pick Alex over NY, reguardless of the outcome im going to stay behind my spartans and will not eat my words. It is very possible for NY to take alex lightly and for alex to have an extremely good night and catch them off guard. sooner or later the streak is going to be broken...and why not this year???

GO SPARTANS!!!

Return to “Football”