Game of the Week 7: Minford (6-0) vs. Wheelersburg (6-0)

pirate4ever
Waterboy

Re: Game of the Week 7: Minford (6-0) vs. Wheelersburg (6-0)

Post by pirate4ever »

Burg 24 Minford 17

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

Every Burg fan is supposed to wear orange to the game on friday for an orange out.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

MinnyAckMack10 wrote:BIG UPDATE!!!!!

if we don't get too much rain tomorrow... will burg pull out the water hoses to wet the field down? that field has horrible drainage and it sits on a hill! go figure. :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:

Why would Burg want to do that? They rely heavily on there running game also, so a slow track would hinder them also. Burg has just as much speed as the Falcons do. Burg does have White at FB that they can pound up the middle and eat up some clock. I think both teams are going to want to have long, sustained drives to keep the ball out of the others hands. The best defense sometimes is an offense that can control the ball. If the other team doesn't have the ball, it makes it harder for them to score.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

every burg game i have been to everybody was wearing orange anyway. this would make much of a difference. heck, everyone in the burg wears orange on an everyday basis

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Some people are going to eat alot of crow come late friday night. Alot of smack-talk going on up in here. Let's be realistic shall we. Minford and Burg are both good teams with a perfect record. Burg schedule is a slight favorite to Minford but probably not enough to make a difference. I saw the highlights of minford and waverly and I have seen Burg play every game. All games rely on field position and turnovers but here is my breakdown

Offense Backfield - Edge Burg- Burg has a slight edge with one maybe two more weapons

Offensive Line - Edge Minford - Minford looks a little stronger and more seasoned than pirates.

Defense Line - Edge Burg - Burg very quick on front five

Defense Line Backers - Edge even - Both are very sound

Defensive Back - Edge Minford - Burg has gotten better but has had some troublee with the pass. Minford was very good against the Waverly pass.

Coaching - Even

Special Teams - Even - Minford might have a slight edge in punting, Burg uses their second string punter, due to injury

Intangibles - Edge - Burg- Burg has home field and will be backed by the fans.

Score Burg 21 Minford 10
Burg scores one late to seal deal.

Go Pirates!

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

wobycat.....you are out of your mind if u think burg has the edge over minford in the backfield.....minford is loaded with skill position players....come friday...you all will know it too.. :122246 :122246 the only edge at any position burg has over minford is the defensive line...they are quick

Tremonti1
Riding the Bench

Post by Tremonti1 »

My perdiction
Burg-orange out
Minford-shut out
LOL 8)

Don't think there will be a shutout by either team but I'm taking my falcons. this is just another test for us on our way to 10-0. Yes I believe they can. This is in no way ever been a rivalry. We have not beat wheelersburg enough to be a rivalry. with that said, treat it like another big victory for our season. BTW KABOOM hey A-Bomb what do you say. :122249

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

Good luck to both teams in an injury free game. Hopefully it will be a great game!

GO BURG!!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

W-Burg wrote:BURG FANS!!!

LET'S CREATE AN ORANGE OUT ON FRIDAY!

Oh, don't do that! That makes it seem like a rivialry game. Remember, Minford is no biggie to the burg! Why waste your time with pep rallies, pep talks, orange outs or even going to the game. Just stay home and listen to it on the radio. It will probably be a sleeper anyway right?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg has 6 guys that will run the ball (B.Schankweiler, J.Schankweiler, White, Craigmiles, Walker and Hall). I know the Falcons have a good running game, but have 6 guys rotating through there is a huge luxury for the Burg.

GO PIRATES!!!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

wobycat wrote:Some people are going to eat alot of crow come late friday night. Alot of smack-talk going on up in here. Let's be realistic shall we. Minford and Burg are both good teams with a perfect record. Burg schedule is a slight favorite to Minford but probably not enough to make a difference. I saw the highlights of minford and waverly and I have seen Burg play every game. All games rely on field position and turnovers but here is my breakdown

Offense Backfield - Edge Burg- Burg has a slight edge with one maybe two more weapons

Offensive Line - Edge Minford - Minford looks a little stronger and more seasoned than pirates.

Defense Line - Edge Burg - Burg very quick on front five

Defense Line Backers - Edge even - Both are very sound

Defensive Back - Edge Minford - Burg has gotten better but has had some troublee with the pass. Minford was very good against the Waverly pass.

Coaching - Even

Special Teams - Even - Minford might have a slight edge in punting, Burg uses their second string punter, due to injury

Intangibles - Edge - Burg- Burg has home field and will be backed by the fans.

Score Burg 21 Minford 10
Burg scores one late to seal deal.

Go Pirates!

You don't keep good track of Minford games. Minford goes 5 deep at RB (both Williams brothers, McCormick, Slone and Ryan. Now, our QB runs too. They all play and they all run hard. They all have different running skills but with speed. Burg will be shocked at how hard they all run. Minford also has tall WR this year both over 6 foot. Minford wins this one backed by the sea of RED

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg also has height at WR.....6'3" and 6'5"

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If the BURG team of the first half vs Valley shows up, Minford will run them out of Ed Miller Stadium. I just watched the Burg/Valley game and without crazy turnovers and dropped passes, Valley had their way with Burg the first half.

If that is the case Minford's backs will run wild, which I think they will anyway. Plus Burg couldnt seem to get anything going the first half against Valley's D. Wait till the see the swarm of the Falcon's D!

Valley blew up after the fumble on Burg's 2 yard line and the blotched punt attempt, then the return for the TD.

I now think that Burg and Waverly are similar to what their offenses can to against Minford's D.........which is not much.

I am changing my prediction after I just watched the Valley game to:

Minford 42
Burg 7

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Man, I guess a team can't play a bad game every now and then.

I will agree with you on that the Burg didn't look the greatest in the first half, but they sure looked strong in the second half.

If Minford uses that game to scout off of, they could be in for a rude awakening. They will a see a different Burg team, trust me.

I will gladly take those 35 points you are giving and wager any amount you would like to put down.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:I want some of that action myself.

so, you are giving Minford and 35? :122246

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

never mind,,I see where yabbadabbadoo is going from now.

I was going to say,,belive Id have to take any team and 35 on this one :lol:

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I saw the Waverly minford game and both teams stunk imo. Burg cruises. #41 for Minford is a stud though. 24-7Burg. One other thing, Ironton, Sp dont even try to compare Wellston, Waverly Oak hill in what Burg has seen or not seen. SOme of these posters on here need a reality check. Minford may look fast against some competition, but lets not compare too much :lol:

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

from what I've seen, Minford on a neutral field. But this game is at Wheelersburg, and that is an advantage.

Watching the Minford/Waverly game, Minford was quite impressive.

BurgBalla
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBalla »

marshallman wrote:

Oh, don't do that! That makes it seem like a rivialry game. Remember, Minford is no biggie to the burg! Why waste your time with pep rallies, pep talks, orange outs or even going to the game. Just stay home and listen to it on the radio. It will probably be a sleeper anyway right?

Also, Minford fans are admitting the obvious. This has never been a rivalry game. This is a game where some nerves get pushed because of frustration of being beaten, but it is not a rivalry game. This is a good game this year, and I think it could develop into a rivalry because I feel overall as a program Minford is getting stronger, but as of right now this is a big game for only one reason, and that is the records of the two teams.

I mean you can't actually be serious? Sarcastically saying "Minford is no biggie to the Burg" as a joke when it is generally completely true. Have you seen the scores? Every once in a while(4/10 years), Minford is good and we know it and come prepared for it. That is the situation this year. But other years we win 41-7, and you would be right on all accounts, that it is no biggie. Minford is just like any other team, they are a big deal when they are good and not a big deal when they aren't good. Just like random out of town teams.

I'm sure Ironton feels the same way about the Burg with our lack of success over the years vs them, it is simply the truth a lot of years(although I think the records are less lopsided and generally this is a more competitive game year in and year out)
Last edited by BurgBalla on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

For those who may not see this one in the Orange out thread!
This is a great idea, but..... Problem, not everyone participates!
Making it a failed orange out! And why don't they call it a orange crush, or have a black out even! They are Orange & BLACK!! There is no such thing as a orange out!
When you make a mistake on a paper do you say, hey can you hand me the orange out? Or Ooops I need to Orange that out! NO That sounds so goofy!

Again, I know the idea and it Penn State really perfected this one! BUT Every HS team that tries to get there fans to do this winds up getting a 60-70 % effort!

People Wear ORANGE! Even Minford Fans!

Return to “Football”