Game of the Week 7: Minford (6-0) vs. Wheelersburg (6-0)

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Re: Game of the Week 7: Minford (6-0) vs. Wheelersburg (6-0)

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

Didn't they say Minford had a great baseball team also?

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Easy there Junky, that was last year now. ;-)

Whoever wins and I do have an opinion, I hope the losing teams fans have enough class and character to get on here, admit defeat, state the other team was better that particular night and wish everyone the best the rest of the way.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

Aaron Williams will be the fastest player on the field. Won all three events he ran at state including 100 meters in Junior High. Timed at 4.47 this summer.

W-Burg
Waterboy

Post by W-Burg »

Orange out.... Black out.... who really cares. I made the comment to see what everyone thougth about the idea. The only thing that really matters is what is being played on the field. I am sure you won't have to worry about not the hearing the cannon firing on Friday night. I just hope there is enough black powder to finish the game! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Muletown.... by reading messages left by others.... I can see how it received its name!

W-Burg
Waterboy

Post by W-Burg »

Has the Williams brothers always attended Minford????

Just Wondering! :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

W-Burg wrote:Orange out.... Black out.... who really cares. I made the comment to see what everyone thougth about the idea. The only thing that really matters is what is being played on the field. I am sure you won't have to worry about not the hearing the cannon firing on Friday night. I just hope there is enough black powder to finish the game! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Muletown.... by reading messages left by others.... I can see how it received its name!

Its not your comment that made me say this! Yeah your the one who brought it up in here just overall when they passed the fliers out friday night I laughed at it and was curious why they called it that! I hope ur right about that gunpowder thing!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

COME ON SIDERMAN, wAVERLY HASNT BEEN ABLE TO TACKLE ALL YR, THEIR DEFENSE IS NOT IMPRESSIVE! MINFORD OLINE WAS LACKING, THE KIDS WERE RUNNING THROUGH SHIRT TACKLES. COMPARED TO WEEK 1, ROBACK WAS HAVING A HORRIBLE DAY PASSING. WAS NOT CRISP, HAD OPEN RECEIVERS AND LOOKED TO ME WAS PASSING TO THE DEFENDERS. NOW, BURGS OLINE ISNT THAT IMPRESSIVE IMO, BUT I THINK BURG HAS PLAYED BETTER BUT FOR THE 1ST HALF OF VALLEY BUT 2ND HALF, AND I KNOW A SIDER WONT EVER TELL, THE BURG WAS AWESOME!

nobodyspecial
Riding the Bench

Post by nobodyspecial »

oldcoachb wrote:Aaron Williams will be the fastest player on the field. Won all three events he ran at state including 100 meters in Junior High. Timed at 4.47 this summer.

But how well does he play football? Just a wild prediction but I don't think Burg's defense will let him get in a 100 meters on a run. 8)

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

regardless of what Waverly did, Minford looked impressive to me. They have size up front whom seem to move well. They have a number of backs with speed and a qb to match with experience. They run that double wing well and it really fits their personel. Their defense isn't bad either.

Their gonna be a tough out for Burg and West.

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

well well i leave for a few days and SEOP's turns into nothing but a playground..

Demaniac/bleeding red, you've really lost your sense on this one.. can't see a blowout either way by either team jmo... i think minfords oline is better and that is where u win the game..

don't forget burgites.. you guys have recieved a lot of falcon blood over the years and have USED EVERY SINGLE TRANSFER FROM HERE... go ahead and say we don't have athletes! but why do you guys use them every time u get a chance? NOT ANYMORE though.. looking back at burggrad2000's post that orange is startin to fade yellow!!!

:122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

nobodyspecial wrote:
oldcoachb wrote:Aaron Williams will be the fastest player on the field. Won all three events he ran at state including 100 meters in Junior High. Timed at 4.47 this summer.
But how well does he play football? Just a wild prediction but I don't think Burg's defense will let him get in a 100 meters on a run. 8)
Check out Minford vs. Waverly page 5.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Hey Minny, I have on good authority that it will be really close or a blow out!! :)

SERIOUSLY, I for one know better than to think or say this is going to be a one sided contest. No matter when Minford comes into week 6 at 6-0, you have to figure they are good. The films are easy to analyze and you tend to get biased when one of the teams your watching is playing the Burg on Friday. Game speed is totally different than being an armchair coach. I really do understand that having played and had kids that played. Burg goes into that game 5 years ago and kaskey has the worst game of the season and burg gets beat by an undefeated Minford. Blah blah blah, kids play it on the field, not on the forums. Ho Hum. But to say that Minford is better than Burg is just opinions, you know, like A####'s everyone has one. Like the post about Minfords Oline saying that they only play one way. I believe Burgs Oline plays one way, and so does the Dline 90% of the game. So where is the advantage? Minfords QB has 1.5 yrs under his belt. An advantage but I would counter that this Soph has played well so far for Burg. And has played in all 6 games so far. RBs, I also think no advantage. Burg subs alot and Burg is averaging well over 250-300 per game. DBs and LBs, again, I dont know how you can compare. Minford vs Waverly, Burg vs Greenup?

And I dont think much on others in this area posting about the two teams. They can be biased, some just wanting Burg to lose, Others wanting Minford to lose so that makes their teams either look better than they are etc... I know how to play this game on here and have some fun. If posters are bland, I try to spice it up. If it gets serious, I go with the flow.

I hope neither team comes out playing flat. I want the Siders to SWEAT!!!

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Burg matches this speed with a 4.48 in Craigmiles.

Just for comparison, how do the others for Minford fair in 40 speed?

Here are a few of the skilled position speeds for Burg as I recall. J. Schankweiler 4.6, Walker 4.8, Adkins 4.8, B. Schankweiler 4.7, Hopper 4.7, White 4.9, Hall 4.8, Kemper 4.7.

I don't care what every one says on here, these two teams are so close on paper they could probably switch uniforms and no one would know it. Both have depth and speed on both sides of the football.

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

has robertson and adkins always attended wheelersburg ;-)

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

Please do not post any stats/times for my son unless you are the coach or college recruiter that has timed him!! My son and his talents can speak for himself on the field with his team come Friday nights!

If everyone would quit worrying about what is on paper, stats, and just make huge hits, block someone everytime, don't get burnt on plays, and make plays to score TD's then the best team wins the game on that particular night.

GO BURG!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

MinnyAckMack10 wrote:could we have another '00 on our hands? i bet burg fans hope that isnt the case :lol: :lol: ...

did you have to bring that game up. that made my senior year a living hell. i was in class at votec with three of minfords starters

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

westside_rebel wrote:I'm gonna have to go with Da' Burg on this one.

Burg is too athletic.

Where's madd_doggie at with the second best fight song in Scioto County?

hey rebel it's the best darn fight song in the county and her it goes

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Was just over on the Puddle and evidently, if a thread was started, it got out of hand because there isn't one on there now.

That is just to funny.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Was just over on the Puddle and evidently, if a thread was started, it got out of hand because there isn't one on there now.

That is just to funny.

thats funny. i don't care who you are

Skipjack
Waterboy

Post by Skipjack »

What else shows the signs of fall and cool evenings than Fri night SOC play. This will be a great game. It will come down to the line play and also who makes the big mistake. Burg is loaded and ready to roll. Minford is loaded and ready to turn the tide on this SOC battle. Good Luck to both teams injury free game. It's hard to beat the Burg but more difficult to beat them at home. Im still pulling for Minford to go in and get a big win. Good Luck to both teams .

Return to “Football”