Game of the Week 7: Minford (6-0) vs. Wheelersburg (6-0)

nobodyspecial
Riding the Bench

Re: Game of the Week 7: Minford (6-0) vs. Wheelersburg (6-0)

Post by nobodyspecial »

hammerdown wrote:i have a question. all these times that have been given are they with the pads on? there's speed then there is football speed.

Agree completly BUT I bet the two Indians Craigmiles took out in one block felt like he was going that fast :122246 I give this boy football speed too.

RiverRat
Waterboy

Post by RiverRat »

I was watching the Burg vs Valley game online and the play where 3 Indians got knocked on their rear were all 3 taken out by Craigmiles!!!! :122246 :122246 :122246

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

I think these teams are fairly evenly matched. There is a big size difference between the Burg D line and the Minford O line but Burg is very quick on the D line. I like Minford (of course) in this game. Both teams are well coached.

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

RiverRat wrote:I was watching the Burg vs Valley game online and the play where 3 Indians got knocked on their rear were all 3 taken out by Craigmiles!!!! :122246 :122246 :122246

Watched it too!!!! opened up entire lane for Shankie to score .He didn't get too see much action in Ironton game. Hopefully he will be in for all or, most of all,Friday and he can do the same.I think he put the hardest hit on the last one he took out that boy went flying. :!: :!: :!:

BurgDaddy101
Waterboy

Post by BurgDaddy101 »

Minford fans, players and cheerleaders are taking the pre-game way to far, they post signs up in wheelersburg about how theyre goin to win. They also sent cj adkins and dustin robertson flowers, and then they terroized burgs field also. In my opinion this is very immature, and i guarentee this just made the players from burg even more pumped. I watched them practice today and they looked good, minford better be ready.

Go BURG

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

BurgDaddy101 wrote:Minford fans, players and cheerleaders are taking the pre-game way to far, they post signs up in wheelersburg about how theyre goin to win. They also sent cj adkins and dustin robertson flowers, and then they terroized burgs field also. In my opinion this is very immature, and i guarentee this just made the players from burg even more pumped. I watched them practice today and they looked good, minford better be ready.

Go BURG

We didnt terrorize your field, but I think I know who did, and they also wear orange and black...I can tell you one thing though, the Burg had better be ready cause, our boys are, and they are hungry to hit somebody. I hear their favorite things to hit wear Orange and Black. Just ask Waverly ;-) 8) 8)

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

All Minford Fans and those of us who want to see the Burg get de-throned there is a "Minford Fans" thread open, lets neutralize the Orange Crush.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Does anyone know what time the gates are going to open?

tiger-fan67
Waterboy

Post by tiger-fan67 »

To add to the post about vandalism, today when wheelersburg took the field they found that their stadium wall had been spray painted on, right by where burg leaves the locker room...it said something about minford being SOC champs. Why would you terrorize a school when you're record against them is 3-36 hahaha....i think burg will leave that spray paint up til saturday for a little incentive....any way we can get some red feathers to shoot out of that cannon friday night?......GO BURG

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

tiger-fan67 wrote:To add to the post about vandalism, today when wheelersburg took the field they found that their stadium wall had been spray painted on, right by where burg leaves the locker room...it said something about minford being SOC champs. Why would you terrorize a school when you're record against them is 3-36 hahaha....i think burg will leave that spray paint up til saturday for a little incentive....any way we can get some red feathers to shoot out of that cannon friday night?......GO BURG

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, is there any proof someone from Minford did this? It more than likely is some idiot trying to add more hype to the game or just looking for a reason to vandalize property. More than likely they will never be caught, which is too bad. I would love to see them caught so they could scrub and re-paint the entire stadium and pay for it out of their own pocket.

I can assure you no decent, respectable person from not only Minford, but anywhere, would condone this, nor is anyone affiliated with Minford football responsible for this cowardly, stupid crime.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

BurgDaddy101 wrote:They also sent cj adkins and dustin robertson flowers,

Go BURG

That is the oldest trick in the book and probably did not come from Minford. Heck, we had this happen (where someone from our school actually sent them to us) 25+ years ago as a way to add extra motivation for "big games".

Bottom line, if you need any extra motivation for this game, you need to check for a pulse or find another sport.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:
BurgDaddy101 wrote:They also sent cj adkins and dustin robertson flowers,

Go BURG

That is the oldest trick in the book and probably did not come from Minford. Heck, we had this happen (where someone from our school actually sent them to us) 25+ years ago as a way to add extra motivation for "big games".

Bottom line, if you need any extra motivation for this game, you need to check for a pulse or find another sport.

I agree when this happens, it is usualy someone from their own school that does it,,,"not saying it is in this situation" but I have heard of it being done a lot.

I hope to see a great game by two very good teams friday.

Proud_Pirate
Waterboy

Post by Proud_Pirate »

If it was a Minford Fan then that is a shame, Wheelersburg has a winning tradition and many people from other schools don't like the Burg for that reason. It is a shame that some fans (and I said some not all) from Minford (if they done it) don't have more class than that. Let the boy's play on the field and you can bet that wheather the Burg wins or loses they will do it with class!!!!!! Be careful sometimes when people acts like a smart A** it comes back to bite you there. Win or lose I am proud of our PIRATES.
GO PIRATES!!!!!

pirate4ever
Waterboy

Post by pirate4ever »

Putting what they put right outside the locker was completely idiotic (if it was a falcon) and totally genius if it was a pirate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will pump our boys up more than anything. But it is sooo funny because of Minfords record against us. HAHAHAHA WE ARE THE BURG.[code][/code]

FaberGrad62
JV Team

Post by FaberGrad62 »

I remember one time a friend and me caught two girls from Portsmouth TP'ing some trees at the bottom of the hill of the stadium. We acted like we didn't know what was going on or who was playing and just left them down there. When we were leaving, we saw one of the Burg coaches drive up and catch them. We stopped and watched and he made them take down as much of the toilet paper that they could reach. They had thrown about 4 packs and it was everywhere.

Stuff like that is just good fun, but to purposely deface something, well that is a different story and is uncalled for. Like was said, the perpetrators will never be caught.

The flowers deal is funny and has been going on for years. I can't remember who it was, but one year the week before the West game, somebdoy received a dozen black roses with a nice little warning on the card.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

[quote][/quote]Minford fans, players and cheerleaders are taking the pre-game way to far, they post signs up in wheelersburg about how theyre goin to win. They also sent cj adkins and dustin robertson flowers, and then they terroized burgs field also. In my opinion this is very immature, and i guarentee this just made the players from burg even more pumped. I watched them practice today and they looked good, minford better be ready.

Go BURG

Oh buy the way, one of the boy`s that transfred from Minford, his Dad done the same thing when he was in the 8th grade here at Minford by sending black and orange flowers to the locker room the day before the Wheelersburg game. Also Wednesday evening at football practice, the boy`s cars were decorated with black and orange ribbon along with skull flags.
It`s and old trick played by parents & cheerleaders, not Minford Fan`s !

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

[quote][/quote]Be careful sometimes when people acts like a smart A** it comes back to bite you there. Win or lose I am proud of our PIRATES.
GO PIRATES!!!!!
Very True !! :mrgreen:

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:Does anyone know what time the gates are going to open?

6:00 pm Lets hope for a injury free game good luck to both teams BURG

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

I remember when one year when some fans put a sign on one of the goal posts after beating my PIRATES at the BURG and some friends of mine went and cut it down...thats the worst ive seen other than kids from P-town stealing from our locker room.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I remember back in the 70's when the Burg and Porstmouth first started playing that a group of guys, who shall remian nameless, went up on the C&O train bridge at Sciotoville and hung a huge sign that said "Truck The Fojans!!!"

Now that was classic.

Return to “Football”