Wk 7 - Gallia Academy (4-2) (2-1) @ Chillicothe (4-2) (3-0)

Army
S

Re: Wk 7 - Gallia Academy (4-2) (2-1) @ Chillicothe (4-2) (3-0)

Post by Army »

No disrespect to the Blue Devils program, but if either team as you stated win 28-27, Chillicothe would have really played a bad game in that prediction. I think Chillicothe will pull off the W if they stay focused and keep driving the ball down the field in the SEOAL. I look for the CAVS to really excel in this one.

One game at a time CAVS :!:

GO CAVS :!: :-D

WarriorBoy
Riding the Bench

Post by WarriorBoy »

No SEOAL team has won at Chilli. save Logan. If this is correct I don't see it changing this friday. I hope for the best for Gallia, but hope, is all I have. Chilli. by 24.

Army
S

Post by Army »

WarriorBoy wrote:No SEOAL team has won at Chilli. save Logan. If this is correct I don't see it changing this friday. I hope for the best for Gallia, but hope, is all I have. Chilli. by 24.

WarriorBoy,

That is incorrect about SEOAL Teams not winning at Chillicothe. Our old rival from the Ohio River got us last year on October 5, 2007. The final score was Portsmouth 30 Chillicothe 22.

Here is Chillicothe's SEOAL record since 2006 at Hernnstein Field in Chillicothe, Ohio against our SEOAL Opponents.

Chillicothe is 8-1 at Hernnstein Field against SEOAL Teams since joining the league in 2006. :-D

2008 Season
Chillicothe 17 Ironton 9 (Win)

2007 Season

October 19, 2007
Chillicothe 70 Marietta 34 (Win)

October 5, 2007
Portsmouth 30 Chillicothe 22 (Loss)

September 28, 2007
Chillicothe 21 Jackson 7 (Win)

2006 Season

October 27, 2006
Chillicothe 27 Zanesville 14 (Win)

October 13, 2006
Chillicothe 48 Athens 0 (Win)

September 22, 2006
Chillicothe 47 Ironton 14 (Win)

September 15, 2006
Chillicothe 38 Gallia Academy 33 (Win)

September 1, 2006
Chillicothe 31 Logan 21 (Win)

I think our CAVS get another W come this Friday against Gallia Academy.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Should be a good game.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

This will be an interesting game since the Blue are playing so much better, but I believe the Cavs will win this one 21-14.

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

They are definately a different team form a few weeks ago....I hope it continues....

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Good Luck Devils

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

if chilli plays up to their potential, i see this as chilli winning big. caleb needs to look for more than one receiver. i cant count how many times i saw wide open receivers and he forces it to the same guy . also, i noticed very little blocking from the left side of the line. the right side as looked good. why not get that #24 in there a little more often. that kid can flat out fly. i was told he's only a soph. also didnt understand why they didnt let basil kickthe 51 yd field goal... he had that strong wind at his back. after watching him in warmups kick 40 yds...over the TOP of the crossbars(into a very strong wind) i just didnt get it. afterall, they hd him try a 52 yarder in the rain at zanesville and came up about a foot short. that kids got a bright future and to think he's only a jr. im going with chilli 42- 14

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

^^^^only time will tell and I think you will be suprised....The Cardiac Kids are coming to town....

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

The key to this game will be if Gallia offense shows-up. Plain an simple. They must quit killing themself with penalties. The O line must play their best game of the season an quit jumping or moving.

The defense is playing great but,are offense needs to keep them off the field as much as possible.

Army
S

Post by Army »

loyaldevilfan wrote:^^^^only time will tell and I think you will be suprised....The Cardiac Kids are coming to town....

loyaldevilfan,

With that said, I think you will be surprised. :-D

Remember the Blue Devils contest between Logan and Ironton? This Friday you all have a different Chillicothe Team in comparison to last years. And, the game is at Chillicothe not Gallipolis. This is a CAV Team that just came off a victory against Ironton at the Hernnstein last week in front of their Cavalier Fans. The kids are continuing to move the ball down the field in our SEOAL. They are starting to buy into the system they are playing in and know they must continue to hone their skills as each week goes by. They are taking no-one for granted this year inside this SEOAL and outside the league. Something they may have done, the previous past two years. They are growing and expanding with confidence as each week goes by. The glow in these kids faces show it in Chillicothe. Our CAVS will be ready for your Blue Devils come Friday Night, and as I replied, I think you will be surprised.

Heres to a great game at the Hernnstein, played with great sportsmanship in an injury-free played match-up.

Last edited by Army on Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

familyofthreeboys
Waterboy

Post by familyofthreeboys »

GAHS7462 wrote:The key to this game will be if Gallia offense shows-up. Plain an simple. They must quit killing themself with penalties. The O line must play their best game of the season an quit jumping or moving.

The defense is playing great but,are offense needs to keep them off the field as much as possible.

The offence has been there! The delay of game penalties appear to be the offensive coaches fault for being slow to call the plays. The jumping or moving I agree is something to work on but, again we had a back center in. I think that this is a game that the Devils can win! They are working hard this week! We have a few injuries still. I believe the center will be out again this week. GO BIG BLUE!!!!

old school
Waterboy

Post by old school »

GOOD LUCK CAVS . How have the other teams in Chillicothe done . record wise. blue cavs 7th 8th 9th and reserve team

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

The 8th grade record is 1-2.The 7th grade record is 3-1 or 4-1.No freshman team this year not enough kid's making the GPA.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Gallia Academy is playing with a lot of confidence lately. From what I've seen, Moore and Allison are really stepping up for the Blue Devils. I think they'll put together a good effort at Chillicothe, but in the end, I think Knights and the Cavs will get the win. Good luck to both teams.

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

I had said at the start of the season that we need not be taken lightly Iknew we was'nt the best in the league but not the worst either. gallia is taken some spirt into fridays game after the last 2 wins I'll take gallia in a close game 24 -21 good luck boys Ill be workin but will have tom and jimbo tuned in
go blue

Army
S

Post by Army »

I like how Gallia Academy has rebounded this season, and laughing at all the pundits who put them down, insisting the Blue Devils would be in the cellar this year, within our SEOAL. But with that said, I think Caleb and Company will be way to much for them at the Hernnstein come Friday night. I think the CAVS win big in this match-up if they continue to play like they have of late, moving the ball foward in our SEOAL.

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:Updates for whoever asked about GAHS' non leage schedule next year.

We DO have Point Pleasant going off (BOO!) due to a scheduling conflict. We also lose Zanesville (league game) due to their leaving the league, and Wellston as non-league since that was just a one year contract.

So we have to replace those three games on our schedule. We have elected to keep Zanesville as an away non-league game, and as of this date havent found replacements for Wellston and Point. I would think Logan and Zanesville as non league games ought to satisfy anyone critical of our scheduling.

Also next year, the SEOAL will play round robin schedules in all sports except baseball, softball, and tennis. For those sports the North/South alignment will continue with one South school rotating to the North on a two year basis to even the two divisions. What team moves to the North will be on an alphabetical basis; thus Chillicothe will be the first two years, GAHS the next and Jackson the next.

Gallia Academy is dropping Athens too? There are only three non-league games for everybody next year unless I am missing something with a 8 Team SEOAL that is going to play a round robin schedule. You are keeping Zanesville, but must replace Point and Wellston, what about Athens :?:

Are you all playing 4 non-league games :?:

Good deal :!:

So the spring sports and maybe the Girls Tennis that plays in the Fall, with the Boys Tennis in the spring, are the only schedules that will keep a North-South Divisional set-up with Chillicothe going first to the North.

Not bad at all :!: :-D

7 SEOAL Round Robin Football Games, with everybody playing against each other in the SEOAL :!:

14 SEOAL Round Robin Basketball Games (No-More DOC) :!: :-D
Last edited by Army on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

Caleb did not start Safety as a freshman. He saw some limited spot duty and began starting at QB after Givens was moved to WR after the Grove City Game half way through the year. The starting Safeties that year were Beverly and Steele with Day seeing action also.

Colerain 95: You were one year late. The 06 team was a good one as well.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

familyofthreeboys wrote:
GAHS7462 wrote:The key to this game will be if Gallia offense shows-up. Plain an simple. They must quit killing themself with penalties. The O line must play their best game of the season an quit jumping or moving.

The offence has been there! The delay of game penalties appear to be the offensive coaches fault for being slow to call the plays. The jumping or moving I agree is something to work on but, again we had a back center in. I think that this is a game that the Devils can win! They are working hard this week! We have a few injuries still. I believe the center will be out again this week. GO BIG BLUE!!!!

What back-up center are you talking about? Saunders played last week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Football”