Coach's responsibility

madpolecat
All State

Re: Coach's responsibility

Post by madpolecat »

the guys with the stripes always get it right!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

You gotta live with the calls.....good or bad. I would like to see the look on a ref's face if someone did tell them that though. Can you imagine if you tried to apply this to baseball and balls/strikes?? This is not an integrity issue and for those who have been around awhile you know that for every call that goes your way, 1 or 2 don't.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

take the ohsaa test and see what you really know anyone can pay 5 bux get in a game and start spittin out tv rules of the game. i bet you will sit quiet as a church mouse or you will be asking questions then you will be given a chance to look it up yourself and read it. the course is 90 bux

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

Based just on the question asked,my first though is what age group are we talking about?In the past when coaching grade school aged kids I have pointed out bad calls against the other team,queitly to the official along the sideline.Surprising how often you will get calls for you,and how well officials will react in your favor with this age group.After all this is a teaching oppitunity.If dealing with high school kids let it go most officials at this level are going to percive it negitively when you disagree with them your team or not.

bug ii
Waterboy

Post by bug ii »

nobody, did you really ask that question?

Knowbody
Waterboy

Post by Knowbody »

Seems like. I saw a kid pick up a ball that wasn't a fumble, unless a guy can fumble after both elbows and both knees hit the ground, take a step out of bounds, bump a coach, get back in bounds (mind you very quickly) and take it to the house. He scored and it counted. That was horse hockey, and anyone with eyes or integrity would have said so. The kids coach, the one he bumped, didn't seem to have the slightest reservations about accepting such a gift. He went for 2.

I thought maybe my moral compass was different than some others. I guess it is.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

The kids coach, the one he bumped, didn't seem to have the slightest reservations about accepting such a gift. He went for 2.

And there you have the clearest statement on human nature that has ever been posted... anywhere.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

I saw what Knowbody saw. Lest anyone think that he's accusing the refs of being crooked, he's not. They were just extremely far out of positition and couldn't see what was going on.

nobodyspecial
Riding the Bench

Post by nobodyspecial »

The ref's have to call it as they see it.If U reverse one call because anyone, be it another player of opposing team or coach, corrects a ref the end result would be chaos the rest of the game with everyone calling and correcting all night after that.Plus it is not anyone but ref's resonsibilty to get it right.If anything the ref would get offended if corrected then watch out for your team the rest of the night.Every little thing would be called against you.Just to prove they did see everything. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knowbody
Waterboy

Post by Knowbody »

They DIDN'T see it. No possible way, and it's obvious.

Just to clear the air, that TD didn't really impact the outcome of the game. It didn't cost anyone a win. Not sour grapes but rather a realization that I am a strange person in terms of thinking morality and high school sports are in any way connected.

An honorable coach would have stopped his player when he ran into him. This guy pushed him back onto the field and went for two.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

rather a realization that I am a strange person in terms of thinking morality and high school sports are in any way connected.

Will you be joining Obi-Wan Kenobi on one of his "damned fool idealistic crusades" any time soon? ;-)

Knowbody
Waterboy

Post by Knowbody »

Only a Siith would speak in such absolutes.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Only a Siith would speak in such absolutes.

Possibly, but you have to admit that they get things done. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”