WK 7 South Point @ Coal Grove

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Re: WK 7 South Point @ Coal Grove

Post by buckeye221 »

Both teams last year scored the same amount of touchdowns, but SP couldn't get any of their extra points. That was the difference in the game, scoring wise. But CG did a good job getting crucial first downs in the 4th quarter in order to run out the time on the clock.

I think both teams have a good running game and SP has a better passing game. It will be a close game and I agree with fuzzhead...the team that limits the turnovers and makes the least amount of mistakes will win and will also win OVC.

But goodluck SOUTH POINT...GO BIG BLUE!!!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

buckeye221 wrote:Both teams last year scored the same amount of touchdowns, but SP couldn't get any of their extra points. That was the difference in the game, scoring wise. But CG did a good job getting crucial first downs in the 4th quarter in order to run out the time on the clock.

I think both teams have a good running game and SP has a better passing game. It will be a close game and I agree with fuzzhead...the team that limits the turnovers and makes the least amount of mistakes will win and will also win OVC.

But goodluck SOUTH POINT...GO BIG BLUE!!!

For the record the starting kicker was out this game. Personally they should have dressed a soccer kid to do it and it may have been a different outcome!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Theguyfromthepoint07 wrote:i dont no why people are sayin sp wont stop the run really it doesnt matter cause the person who has more points at the end of the game is gonna win and if u look at fuzzheads post its been awhile since that running game of cg was enough to beat the pointers so im goin with the pointers as the beat cg and roll throught the ovc

Do me a favor: look up the stats from all of South Point's games this year and add up how many rushing yards they've given up on the year. They gave up 220 yards to Swords from West and I know they gave up well over 100 yards to Wasonga of Pt Pleasant. Even in the rout of River Valley, they still gave up about 3 yards/carry. The only game in which South Point gave up less than 100 yards rushing was the Valley game (87 yards rushing, I believe).
Coal Grove wore South Point out with the run last year. Did you even go to that game? Coal Grove certainly didn't pass their way to victory. :lol:

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I think the reason SP lost last year was that they fumbled the ball away more than any game all year. Add in the fact that they had no kicker that didn't help matters either. The loss was also due to CG scoring more points. :oops:
This year we have a great kicker and I think we are better at holding on to the ball. Pointers by 14.

littlehornetsfan1214
JV Team

Post by littlehornetsfan1214 »

CG 20
SP 14

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

coal grove 28 sp 7...

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

Sounds like Nirvana thinks South Point will win tonight's game. Your thoughts Nirvana? Because you sure make it to where other people sound stupid when they post on this web site. It's almost like you already know what the score will be. :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

nirvana wrote:
PLEASANTFLYER wrote:coal grove 28 sp 7...

And i thought my post were retarded

Correct grammar would be "And I thought my post WAS retarded".

TOP OF THE GROVE
Riding the Bench

Post by TOP OF THE GROVE »

CG 24 sp 18

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

Pointers 27-Hornets 13, Seagraves and Dillon just too much for Coal Grove.

TOP OF THE GROVE
Riding the Bench

Post by TOP OF THE GROVE »

peake450 wrote:Pointers 27-Hornets 13, Seagraves and Dillon just too much for Coal Grove.

Not unless peaks refs are comming to CG :lol:

on high top
Waterboy

Post by on high top »

last year Delawder carried the ball 24times in second half sometimes with2 and 3 pointers onhis back. Delawder also has more rushing yards than seagraves should be a good game.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Grove by 2

If and only if we come to play, if our line just wants to go through the motions like they have at points in this season then South Point will run away with it, our line has to want it tonight.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

osumufan wrote:I think the reason SP lost last year was that they fumbled the ball away more than any game all year. Add in the fact that they had no kicker that didn't help matters either. The loss was also due to CG scoring more points. :oops:
This year we have a great kicker and I think we are better at holding on to the ball. Pointers by 14.

Thank you for bringing up the excellent point about fumbles! If you guys will remember, South Point got the ball back with like 2-3 minutes left in the game and on the very first play of the drive, Weed ran left and lost the football. That was all she wrote. The year before that, Coal Grove got beaten pretty badly by Point because of something like 11 fumbles? South Point wasn't that much better than CG, but Coal Grove just took themselves out of it.
Like I said, whoever makes the least mistakes wins. You can argue back and forth about who has the better backfield all you want. You can talk about who has the better defense or who plays the tougher schedule.
The fact is that these two are just about even at almost everything.
Blocking, Tackling, Turnovers, and Field Position - those are what it will come down to.

Good luck to all involved and here's praying for an injury-free ball game. And you Pointer fans don't be shy - drop by the press box and say hello.

cgfblvr
Waterboy

Post by cgfblvr »

I just heard CG won this one....the score was something like 22-21. :122246

littlehornetsfan1214
JV Team

Post by littlehornetsfan1214 »

yep you heard right!!!!!!!!

great game!!!!!!!!! 22-21

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

This was a game of the fewest mistakes wins, both sides were nearly flawless until the end. Great game by both sides.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

How about some details on this game? It sounds like Coal grove may have made a late decision to go for two and a win? is that accurate?

Devilhorse
Freshman Team

Post by Devilhorse »

That's right. Went for two. Way to go Hornets.

Return to “Football”