WK 7 Jackson (5-1, 2-1) @ Ironton (3-3, 1-2)

85inside
S

Re: WK 7 Jackson (5-1, 2-1) @ Ironton (3-3, 1-2)

Post by 85inside »

I look for Ironton to get rolling this week. Ironton should have no problem getting up for this game. In what will probably end up being Jackson's final trip to the Tank, I will take the Fighting Tigers to win the battle of the trenches.
Game will end in less than 2 hours, as both teams run the ball often. I say ironton gets the better of the runn ing battle. Freeman could go for about 150 this week. Maybe Edens can spell some key injured running backs and I think he, or whomever runs out of the fullback position, could go for nearly 100. Ironton racks up 300+ rushing yards and beats Jackson 42-14.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Jackson 28, Ironton 20
That's all I've got to say about that.

Army
S

Post by Army »

85inside wrote:I look for Ironton to get rolling this week. Ironton should have no problem getting up for this game. In what will probably end up being Jackson's final trip to the Tank, I will take the Fighting Tigers to win the battle of the trenches.
Game will end in less than 2 hours, as both teams run the ball often. I say ironton gets the better of the runn ing battle. Freeman could go for about 150 this week. Maybe Edens can spell some key injured running backs and I think he, or whomever runs out of the fullback position, could go for nearly 100. Ironton racks up 300+ rushing yards and beats Jackson 42-14.

I see Ironton rolling over Jackson this week too. :-D

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

We know you do, Army. You've only predicted it at least three times already on this thread. We're not slow learners...it only takes one time to make your point.

Army
S

Post by Army »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

85inside,

I think the I-Town (Fighting Tigers) rebounds in this match-up. And, rebounds BIG-TIME :!:

Especially at the TANK :!: :-D

Hopefully, the drive back up Rt. 93 won't be to silent on that BUS. :-D

Good luck to both SEOAL Teams :!:
Last edited by Army on Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

Who are you taking this week Army?

Army
S

Post by Army »

JJ Hale,

Hmmmm...... :?:

Let me see, oh, Ironton of course :!:

The Fighting Tigers are to big, to strong, just lost 2 in a row and are playing at the TANK :!: :-D

Against who, the Jackson Ironmen. :cry: :122246 :-D

Good luck to both respected SEOAL Teams :!:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

85inside wrote:In what will probably end up being Jackson's final trip to the Tank, I will take the Fighting Tigers to win the battle of the trenches.

Why would that be?

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

If Ironton can hold onto the football, and that is a big question, but if they do they will win this game.

Ironton 35
Jackson 14

Army
S

Post by Army »

sports junkie wrote:If Ironton can hold onto the football, and that is a big question, but if they do they will win this game.

Ironton 35
Jackson 14

sports junkie,

I totally agree :!: :-D

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Hey, you have to appreciate Army's opinion. Any guy who wears a tie to a HS ballgame demands it! ;-)

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

LoganLocos wrote:
85inside wrote:In what will probably end up being Jackson's final trip to the Tank, I will take the Fighting Tigers to win the battle of the trenches.

Why would that be?

I was wondering that as well.

Army
S

Post by Army »

kantuckyII wrote:Hey, you have to appreciate Army's opinion. Any guy who wears a tie to a HS ballgame demands it! ;-)

Hey Kantucky II,

I just completed my day and had a short time to pick my son up at the house and get to Hernnstein Field. We missed the kickoff and inital series where Ironton drove down the field and scored first, concerning their FG.

It was good talking to you and your fellow I-Town friend. I am glad I got to meet you.

I am sorry if I have upset a few Jackson faithful, but I have to say, I think this is Irontons week and the game should go in their favor big-time.

Good Luck to both respected SEOAL Teams.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Fellow Ironmen fans. Do not worry about what Army says. When he gets us all fired up he is happier than a piece of poopy in a septic tank :122246 . He may still be feeling the beat down from 2006 :oops: , or it maybe its the envy of the long winning streak against his alma mater :oops: . I don't know take your choice :lol:
However, he is allowed to state his opinion it is a free country. I just know he sometimes struggles with predictions.

I think for the most part the Ironmen are healthy. I do agree it is important we do not fall behind early. Take care of the ball, and we should be fine. Is it suppose to rain?

Army
S

Post by Army »

Na,

Got to love those Ironmen. I remember one game when a certain realitive transferred to Jackson from my alma mater. All night long he was on his back. To boot, inside his white helmet with the red strip down the middle, it was being filled with chewing tobacco juice by half of the Defensive Line. :-D

A terrible habit that was introduced by a Jackson Alum and well known Ice Cream Family member who was the Head Coach. Along with his fellow assistants, one who was also a Jackson Alum, who would later take over as head coach at my alma mater and defeat your Ironmen in the 80's. :-D

The other assistants one was from a MSL School who was a Vietnam Vet, who tried out for the Raiders in the AFL and would LATER be the head coach for Jackson and my alma mater. The last one being a alum from my school. All chewed tobacco and got the entire FOOTBALL TEAM doing it. Even in the football games. :-D

I had to feel for old A........, the turncoat realitive of mine that night who had transferred to play for Jackson. But on the flipside, his little brother, a realitive also, would later defeat you all, playing the same position, QB for the GR's :!: :-D

Ah, the good old days in those SEOAL Years of the early 70's.

That night at Jackson, the score was a tie, 8-8. :-D

Don't think the CAVS will take your Ironmen or any other SEOAL Team lightly anymore. That's the big difference we see in these kids on this years CAV Team verses the last two previous years. :-D

As for Ironton, I think if they can control the ball, and not make to many mistakes, pass to those two big WR's they have once and a while, they will take the lead and just explode on it before the 4th Quarter is over. Maybe I am wrong, only time will tell. Like Friday Night at the TANK. :-D

Wish I could watch Kantucky II's team fulfill what most people are already saying, but I'll be at the Chillicothe-Gallia Academy Game. :-D

Good Luck to both Schools :!: :-D
Last edited by Army on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

When Ironton drops from the SEOAL, and its only a matter of time, Jackson would never schedule Ironton. The Jackson administration will be giddy when Ironton drops from the league. They didnt want us there to begin with.

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

tl895 wrote:any d*(& fool who thinks size doesnt matter in high school football is someone who is constantly playing smaller schools!! :122246 if it doesnt matter SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY WE HAVE SIX DIVISIONS! why doesnt symmes valley play in cincy st x's division? any of you Einstein's out there got an answer for me! doubt it.

Oh that's an easy one. Because no one wants to drive to Symmes Valley unless they must !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Army
S

Post by Army »

85inside wrote:When Ironton drops from the SEOAL, and its only a matter of time, Jackson would never schedule Ironton. The Jackson administration will be giddy when Ironton drops from the league. They didnt want us there to begin with.

85inside,

They not only did not want Ironton in the SEOAL, but Chillicothe, Portsmouth or Zanesville either. They were the only school that voted no for the expansion. :roll:

Let's see:

Jackson has 378 Boys! The Ironmen are a DII School.

The Four Team Expansion vote that took place, I think, was in 2004 beginning actual membership in the SEOAL in the 2006-2007 season.

Chillicothe has 335 Boys. The Cavaliers are a DIII School.

Ironton has 216 Boys. The Fighting Tigers are a DIV School.

Portsmouth has 195 Boys. The Trojans are a DIV School.

Zanesville has 416 Boys. The Blue Devils are a DII School.

The Zanesville Blue Devils are leaving the SEOAL after this school year. Only Zanesville is larger than Jackson concerning the 4 expansion Teams admitted.

I can't see Ironton losing this game at home. Especially at the TANK. The Fighting Tigers will be ready and pumped after two consecutive losses to Chillicothe and Logan.

Good Luck to both respected SEOAL Schools :!:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

85inside wrote:When Ironton drops from the SEOAL, and its only a matter of time, Jackson would never schedule Ironton. The Jackson administration will be giddy when Ironton drops from the league. They didnt want us there to begin with.

Why should they have wanted Ironton? It appears that the Ironton administration is looking into leaving the SEOAL. Athens already left, and Zanesville will be leaving after this year. Jackson's administration was against expansion...Ironton just happened to be a part of that. Look where expansion has gotten the SEOAL...almost back down to where they started.

I'm not going to act like Ironton hasn't dominated the series with Jackson. They definitely have. But how many teams in this area haven't they dominated? During the 70s, 80s, and some of the 90s, the only teams that beat Ironton weren't from this area, with the exception of Portsmouth. There have been Jackson teams in recent memory that could have competed with Ironton, but at that time, the two schools weren't playing each other. If Ironton leaves the SEOAL, I would love to see the two schools play a non-league game. Who knows what will happen.

Since Ironton's return to Jackson's schedule, the Ironmen won 17-7 in 2005, lost 48-20 in 2006, and lost 20-14 in OT last year. Jackson is 1-2, with one of those losses coming in OT...a game that they led 14-0 at one point before two crucial second half turnovers. I don't think Jackson is exactly scared.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Army wrote:

85inside,

They not only did not want Ironton in the SEOAL, but Chillicothe, Portsmouth or Zanesville either. They were the only school that voted no for the expansion. :roll:

Let's see:

Jackson has 378 Boys! The Ironmen are a DII School.

The Four Team Expansion vote that took place, I think, was in 2004 beginning actual membership in the SEOAL in the 2006-2007 season.

Chillicothe has 335 Boys. The Cavaliers are a DIII School.

Ironton has 216 Boys. The Fighting Tigers are a DIV School.

Portsmouth has 195 Boys. The Trojans are a DIV School.

Zanesville has 416 Boys. The Blue Devils are a DII School.

The Zanesville Blue Devils are leaving the SEOAL after this school year. Only Zanesville is larger than Jackson concerning the 4 expansion Teams admitted.

I can't see Ironton losing this game at home. Especially at the TANK. The Fighting Tigers will be ready and pumped after two consecutive losses to Chillicothe and Logan.

Good Luck to both respected SEOAL Schools :!:

You're seriously like a broken record. I've never seen someone so obsessed with school size in my life. You might as well not even go to Chillicothe's game with Gallia Academy on Friday. You need to come to Ironton so you can cheer on the Fighting Tigers in person. I'm sure the Tiger cheerleaders have some pom-poms they could lend you.

Return to “Football”