WK 7 Jackson (5-1, 2-1) @ Ironton (3-3, 1-2)

Army
S

Re: WK 7 Jackson (5-1, 2-1) @ Ironton (3-3, 1-2)

Post by Army »

ironman02 wrote:
Army wrote:
85inside wrote:When Ironton drops from the SEOAL, and its only a matter of time, Jackson would never schedule Ironton. The Jackson administration will be giddy when Ironton drops from the league. They didnt want us there to begin with.

85inside,

They not only did not want Ironton in the SEOAL, but Chillicothe, Portsmouth or Zanesville either. They were the only school that voted no for the expansion. :roll:

Let's see:

Jackson has 378 Boys! The Ironmen are a DII School.

The Four Team Expansion vote that took place, I think, was in 2004 beginning actual membership in the SEOAL in the 2006-2007 season.

Chillicothe has 335 Boys. The Cavaliers are a DIII School.

Ironton has 216 Boys. The Fighting Tigers are a DIV School.

Portsmouth has 195 Boys. The Trojans are a DIV School.

Zanesville has 416 Boys. The Blue Devils are a DII School.

The Zanesville Blue Devils are leaving the SEOAL after this school year. Only Zanesville is larger than Jackson concerning the 4 expansion Teams admitted.

I can't see Ironton losing this game at home. Especially at the TANK. The Fighting Tigers will be ready and pumped after two consecutive losses to Chillicothe and Logan.

Good Luck to both respected SEOAL Schools :!:

You're seriously like a broken record. I've never seen someone so obsessed with school size in my life. You might as well not even go to Chillicothe's game with Gallia Academy on Friday. You need to come to Ironton so you can cheer on the Fighting Tigers in person. I'm sure the Tiger cheerleaders have some pom-poms they could lend you.

As stating the evident. Just like Dragnet. Only the Facts. And the facts are, your School was the only one that voted against the SEOAL Expansion. That's a fact. Face it and ask yourself why?

Even DIII Athens voted for it. Although they are now members of the TVC-Ohio Division.

You all are a DII School and as of late, we haven't seen a DI or DII school on your non-league schedule outside those teams within our SEOAL that is at that level. :-D

Why? :-D

I usually don't agree very much with 2old, but I am starting to see the benefits of scheduling up against NON-LEAGUE TEAMS. Especially when getting ready for the SEOAL part of the season.

My pick is still for those Fighting Tigers a team you all did not want in your SEOAL during the 2004 vote.

Good luck to both teams :!:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I don't know how many times I have to have this conversation with you. I am not part of the Jackson administration so I can't tell you for sure. I can only tell you what I have been told. Jackson voted against expansion because they didn't feel that the league would last. This was partly because of travel concerns. It's not a very pleasant trip to Zanesville from Jackson, and it's even worse from Ironton or Portsmouth.

I know that you're wanting me say that Jackson didn't want to face the competition of Ironton, Portsmouth, Zanesville, and Chillicothe, but I do NOT know that. I have never been told that Jackson voted "no" because of competition. That's why I get sick of you implying that constantly. You have no idea what Jackson's administration was actually thinking. You don't like Jackson so you jump at every opportunity to put down its athletic program, even if you don't actually KNOW what you're talking about.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

I know for a fact the administrators voted no because they did not think the league would last. Plus they thought it would be too much travel for student athletes. I know some schools in the league are not concerned about academics just by looking at your school districts report cards. Our administrators decision at that time is looking smarter every year with the league beginning to fall apart. Also, some schools do worry about their students traveling and academic success.

Put it this way, we have beaten Ironton (should have beaten them twice gave last years game away beat them physically) pounded Chilly, beat Portsmouth this year so I do not know why we would be scared of anyone.

If we are so scared how come we are not looking to leave the league like Ironton is :122246 Thats what I am talking about!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Well, one thing is for sure. Even if Ironton leaves the SEOAL again, that will not change Chillicothe's mind. We are here to stay, until the league would fold.

Another team that was voted against. :-D

Wish I could be there to watch this game Kantucky II and Tiger Bait. It should be one to watch within our SEOAL this Friday.

Good luck to both teams.

Army
S

Post by Army »

ocho stinko wrote:I know for a fact the administrators voted no because they did not think the league would last. Plus they thought it would be too much travel for student athletes. I know some schools in the league are not concerned about academics just by looking at your school districts report cards. Our administrators decision at that time is looking smarter every year with the league beginning to fall apart. Also, some schools do worry about their students traveling and academic success.

Put it this way, we have beaten Ironton (should have beaten them twice gave last years game away beat them physically) pounded Chilly, beat Portsmouth this year so I do not know why we would be scared of anyone.

If we are so scared how come we are not looking to leave the league like Ironton is :122246 Thats what I am talking about!

ocho stinko,

So you are saying Chillicothe City Schools do not care about academics or their kids education?

I thought even if everybody left the original three would still be here as the SEOAL? What happened to that theory :?: :-D

There might be a few more that leave, but I think there will be enough to hold the SEOAL together, with Chillicothe and Portsmouth staying in it for the long haul. :-D

Will Jackson still be there? :-D

Good luck at the TANK :!:

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Only 45 miles apart, Ironton and Jackson should play in all sports. regardless of conference affiliation. It's a no brainer

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I think Gallipolis, Jackson, Chillicohte, Logan, and Portsmouth are here to stay. Ironton, Warren, and Marietta I'm not so sure about.

Army
S

Post by Army »

LoganLocos wrote:I think Gallipolis, Jackson, Chillicohte, Logan, and Portsmouth are here to stay. Ironton, Warren, and Marietta I'm not so sure about.

LoganLocos,

I am sad to say, I agree with that possibility :!:

The only crazy part of that will be Scheduling for our Cavaliers. We played 5 non-league games before, in a 6 team OCC Division. The issue is, we are now a DIII school. Many in SE-Ohio, to include the SCOL and MSL think we are a still a DI level school. Or at least think of us that way.

If the SEOAL would reduce, I am sure we will be able to schedule but will most likely have to go west towards Dayton, Columbus and Points North.

We have a two year non-league series begining next year with Hamilton TWP from the MSL-Buckeye Division a DII school. Many at Chillicothe was very happy to get a series started again with an MSL-Team

We have a one year series with Wilmington who is a DIII school from the Fort Ancient Conference, starting next year.

We also have BIG Walnut DIII from the OCC on our schedule next season.

I am not sure if there are talks of keeping Zanesville DII on our non-league schedule or not in the future? But they would be a great team to play against if we reduce to a 5 team SEOAL.

Our CAVS have tried several times to acquire Hillsboro DIII, Washington C.H. DIII and Miami-Trace DIII from the SCOL on the non-league schedule with no success. The same goes for Circleville DIII, Logan Elm DIII, Teays Valley DII and Canal Winchester DIII from the MSL-Buckeye Division. I even think Chillicothe has tried to get Waverly DIV on the non-league schedule, but with no success.

If that really happens, The SEOAL Reducing to 5 teams, which has a great possibility, we will most likely end up scheduling Columbus West, East and South and Columbus Teams like that. I hope we stay away from the OCC for awhile. I also see a few Dayton Teams in that possible schedule. Our CAVS will most likely have no other option, unless we schedule Kentucky or West Virginia Teams.

I hate to see that happen, a nightmare for our AD, but we'll make it happen if we have too.

Good luck to Jackson and I-Town this Friday :!: :-D
Last edited by Army on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wolfmannum8
Waterboy

Post by wolfmannum8 »

Army wrote:Well, one thing is for sure. Even if Ironton leaves the SEOAL again, that will not change Chillicothe's mind. We are here to stay, until the league would fold.

Another team that was voted against. :-D

Wish I could be there to watch this game Kantucky II and Tiger Bait. It should be one to watch within our SEOAL this Friday.

Good luck to both teams.

Well, Army being the genius that he is, has it all figured out!! He now speaks for the whole Chillicothe School System!!

There is no use trying to talk sense to an idiot. He never will get it. Jackson has competed well against anyone and everyone. Like 02 said, during the 70's and early 80's, Ironton did dominate us as they did everyone at that time. This is now 2008, and win or lose, this is one of my favorite games of the season. Why the administration voted the way they did, I don't know for certain. I can tell you what the community, in general, talked about at that time. The biggest concern has always been the amount of travel. It is asking alot of these kids to spend a day in school, ride a bus for 2 hours or more, and then play a game, and then to have to face that ride back home.

I think that most rational adults on here know that Jackson is not worried about competing with anyone in the area. We will be competitive, and often we will win.

Army get a life!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

wolfmannum8,

I think you are the one that needs a life. As stated, Chillicothe is not going anywhere. They love this SEOAL. The only way we leave is, if the SEOAL folds or we are offered a slot in the MSL-Buckeye Division due to someone leaving that League.

Chillicothe was accepted as a member by three Old Charter SEOAL Members with Marietta and Warren voting yes too. Only Jackson was not in favor. Hmmmmm. :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kantucky II, Tiger Bait, I am sure your Fighting Tigers will be ready to play some smash mouth football come Friday at the TANK. I hate to see what the score might be by the 3rd quarter. :-D

You all talked about travel was the issue. How far is Chillicothe, Portsmouth and Ironton from Jackson? Only Zanesville being the far trip North. You all already had Marietta and Warren in the SEOAL making those trips since 1985 and 1986. So your point :?:

It's funny when one listens to their rational. Look at the teams they schedule verses other schools inside the SEOAL. I think that's where the real answer lays concerning the DII School's reason. :-D
Last edited by Army on Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wolfmannum8
Waterboy

Post by wolfmannum8 »

Army, If you read my post, I don't believe anyone in Jackson has any problem with Chilli being in the league. However, I am pretty sure alot of people wouldn't mind if you disappeared from here. You have such a deep-seeded hatred for Jackson, that it forces you to post your trash talk on here about Jackson. I do not have any problem with anybody supporting their own team and feeling confident in their ability to win. But to get on other threads, just to trash-talk a team that you dislike, is wrong.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Should be a great game at the TANK :!: :-D

This could be the game where the Fighting Tigers are let loose out the gate.

Good Luck to both Teams :!: :-D

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Army wrote:
You all talked about travel was the issue. How far is Chillicothe, Portsmouth and Ironton from Jackson? Only Zanesville being the far trip North. You all already had Marietta and Warren in the SEOAL making those trips since 1985 and 1986. So your point :?:

Once again, you only read what you want to read. Traveling to Zanesville is rough for Jackson, but I don't think the administration was simply worried about Jackson's travel. Trips from Zanesville, Marietta, or Warren to Ironton or Portsmouth are brutally long. Jackson's administration was worried that the league wouldn't last because schools would get sick of this type of travel. I think that point has been made about a million times since you arrived on this forum, but you still don't pay attention to it.

I'm done with this though. Jackson and Ironton are playing a game on Friday night. We can talk about that and you can go away now. You've already achieved your goal.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Ironman02 is correct. In addition to Jackson, I have been told by leaders from my district that administrators from several school districts represented in the SEOAL are concerned about travel expenses, especially when diesel prices still top four bucks a gallon. If the league membership dwindles, it most likely will be due to the high cost of fuel.

Army
S

Post by Army »

hammerdown wrote:cal preps

Ironton (OH) 31, Jackson (OH) 12

Sounds about right.

tommygnosis
Riding the Bench

Post by tommygnosis »

jackson 42, ironton 6

Army
S

Post by Army »

I like the vice versa, Ironton 42 Jackson 6 :!: :-D

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

I am glad Army is picking Ironton big. He is great at making predictions :lol: He is also great at forming leagues. :122246 He would make a great AD. I bet schools are begging him to come work for them. I was not able to get on this site for about two days. Not for sure what went wrong.

I think it is crucial we do not fall behind early, and not turn the ball over. I truly believe if we accomplish this it will be a great game. I know Army thinks the Ironmen are a bunch of pansies, but the the players will be ready to play, and probably prove Army wrong again. GO Ironmen!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

ocho stinko,

You're exactly right. Jackson cannot afford to fall behind early. If the Ironmen get off to a good start, I think this should be a game that is decided in the 4th quarter. The Ironmen haven't exactly been sharp in the 4th quarter the last couple weeks, so they'll need to stay focused and meet the challenenge this week at Tank. Can't turn the ball over either, just as you said...making those kind of mistakes against a team like Ironton will certainly end in a loss.

I feel good about Jackson's chances though. I think they realize what they have to do and they're ready to get a win at Ironton...something that no Jackson team has done in a long time. Good luck to the Ironmen!

BEAT IRONTON!!!

Return to “Football”