WK 7 West @ Waverly

Westfan
SEOP

Re: WK 7 West @ Waverly

Post by Westfan »

One thing to remember, this game is in Waverly. Waverly and Ironton are the two biggest home field advantages around here IMO. That announcer is very good at getting the crowd in the game, although I do think he goes a little too far sometimes. When a West announcer at a basketball game asked for the crowd to cheer, he got repromanded.

On Waverly's tackling, defense is a mindset I believe. Waverly plays finese on offense, so it's hard to get your kids in the mindset to play hardnosed on defense. IMO, that is their problem and has been for years. One thing is for sure, they better be ready to hit or be hit friday, because these West kids will flat lay the wood.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

I have to go with West in this contest.

jumpstart
Riding the Bench

Post by jumpstart »

This West team has one of the best offenses ive seen and a pretty good defense. Waverly will have to score early and control the clock to keep it close. I say west wins by at least 3 touchdowns.

TheMan
Waterboy

Post by TheMan »

People always talk about west not playing anybody and yea waverly has played better teams but look at there record...they cant beat the better teams

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

Waverly wins in a shootout.. If that line comes together I think Roback can have a career night against a good yet youthful west defense.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

In 3 ball games I have not seen Waverly stop the run. West has a solid rushing attack which gives them a huge advantage. Waverly's offense will move the football but must eliminate the costly turnovers.

sirwalterscott
Waterboy

Post by sirwalterscott »

siderman wrote:One thing to remember, this game is in Waverly. Waverly and Ironton are the two biggest home field advantages around here IMO.

Siderman, just curious, In your opinion, what gives Ironton and Waverly such of an advantage at home?

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

I'll take West 21-6

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

siderman,
Thanks, I try my best without being too much over the top. If you don't like my announcing you don't want to play at Piketon, lol.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

west passes 1st test over their 1st decent opponent. West 24 Waverly 19

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

ManitouDan,

I don't understand what your talking about. I think South Point is a pretty good football team. I mean they hung right with Burg 28-20. And without a couple late tournovers they could've pulled it out. They will win the OVC, and end up 7-3. Aren't you a Minford fan. I'd be willing to bet if South Point played minford's schedule to date they would be 6-0 also. You and everyone else will find out just how good west is the next couple of weeks.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Having seen both play.

Waverly to athletic for Portsmouth West.

Waverly 28

West 14

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think West will win by 3 TD or Waverly in an upset.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Goat -- you are correct , poor choice of words . West faces their toughest opponent to date sounds better. But if you plan to be king of the hill in the SOC II this year beating SP is not exactly something to be fired up about IMO. The OVC is just down this year.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:siderman,
Thanks, I try my best without being too much over the top. If you don't like my announcing you don't want to play at Piketon, lol.

you do an excellent job, your very good at your craft. You keep the home folks excited for sure.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

sirwalterscott wrote:
siderman wrote:One thing to remember, this game is in Waverly. Waverly and Ironton are the two biggest home field advantages around here IMO.

Siderman, just curious, In your opinion, what gives Ironton and Waverly such of an advantage at home?

Loud crowd noise on the field and in the locker room. Both have a very vocal announcer. And the X factor, Lawrence and Pike yellow laundry that tends to fly alot towards the visitors.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Seems like the people picking us to loose are from Minford. After your excellent showing against Waverly friday, I think your either giving yourselves too much credit or West not enough.

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

Were not fired up about it, We have already won the OVC in very conviencing fashion, You are right, West hasn't really been challenged this year. But, The West starters are yet to play a full game due to their dominance. And I feel that people hasn't seen the best west can play yet. And this isn't gonna be a one year wonder. Guess how many games West has lost this year from 6th grade up through? Really scary if you think about it.

jumpstart
Riding the Bench

Post by jumpstart »

siderman wrote:Seems like the people picking us to loose are from Minford. After your excellent showing against Waverly friday, I think your either giving yourselves too much credit or West not enough.

Dont worry after this week and next week they will stay on there own forums and be happy with there 8-2 season.

Tremonti1
Riding the Bench

Post by Tremonti1 »

jumpstart wrote:
siderman wrote:Seems like the people picking us to loose are from Minford. After your excellent showing against Waverly friday, I think your either giving yourselves too much credit or West not enough.

Dont worry after this week and next week they will stay on there own forums and be happy with there 8-2 season.

Look, we were picked to lose against waverly last week. we proved them wrong. All i'm saying is let people pick you as an underdog and come out as the winner. I'm from Minford and i'm not picking on you to win or lose. IMO Burg, West, and Minford are sitting pretty even as of right now. We'll find out Friday who the contenders are. 2 teams in the soc could come out 7-0 after friday night. I know at least one team out of the Burg/Minford game will be determined. Good Luck to you guys on Friday as I hope it is 7-0 Minford and West going at it for the soc :122249

Return to “Football”