Site Admin

WK 7 Portsmouth @ Warren

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK 7 Portsmouth @ Warren

Post by noreply66 »

looking for a lot of scoring in this game--Warren has a great chance to get number 4

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Good luck Portsmouth!

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Unless we have a complete makeover.........can't see the Trojans putting alot of points up on the board........our offense is stagnant to say the least........would love to see us line up and run staight ahead instead of trying to run outside.....hopefully, there's still some fire in the kids and staff to finish the season strong. Go Trojans!

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

If portsmouth offense doesn't show-up, its a warren win.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Warren is 3-3 with 4 games remaining in the regular season. The victory Saturday night was against a quality Meigs team that came in expecting to win. Warren is heading in the right direction, not just this season, but as a program. The team is not as fragile as it has been in years past. They are not getting shoved around like years past either. There are still challenges ahead that established programs probably don't even know exist, but I am confident that the progress the program has made will not be undone. In other words, we have a foundation to build on.

As for the Portsmouth game, there is no way that Warren will come into the game with the idea that they are going to walk over the Trojans. Everyone knows that Portsmouth is a quality program. However, this is not a good time to play Warren if you are struggling in any way, shape or form. Warren is not going to let the Trojans come in and hand them the first loss of the year on their home field. This team has pride.

It has been 6 years since a Warren team won 4 games. Think about that for a moment . . . This is the year. Warren will earn a 4th victory on Friday.

Big. Bad. Blue.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Portsmouth
Player Tcb Yg Avg. TD
Royster 5 33 6.6 0
Give him the football more and see what happens :122249

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

GO TROJANS!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Portsmouth will win this game. This season may not be going the way fans or players wanted it but, there are better things coming for this team down the road. These Trojans are going to be nasty next year and the year after. I look for playoff runs in both years. Keep your heads up. It WILL get better.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Great post Tobias..........I certainly agree.......

As gahs4ever says..."we had the horses up front".......in the Gallia game I believe we could have handled the defensive line....... we had positive yardage when we ran inside the tackles.......then we would resort to running wide and go straight backwards for a 3rd and long situation........I would love to see us line up and play smashmouth football.......what's wrong with 3 or 4 yards and a cloud of dust? We must not quit........great lessons can be learned and character can be built these last four games. Go Trojans!

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Tobias
Well said, very true. Hope Friday is the turning point

D-5 wrote:Portsmouth
Player Tcb Yg Avg. TD
Royster 5 33 6.6 0
Give him the football more and see what happens :122249

I agree let's get the Red and Blue Royster Cult going.

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

gahs4ever said everything I was going to say..So not to repeat a post I think Portsmouth is gonna come out with a chip on their shoulder and explode this week....I still believe they are a far better team than their record shows.....Good Luck to both teams and I am going to take the Trojans in this one by 2 TD's.....

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Well...

I have sat here an scratched my head thinking about this Warren team and when I think they will do good, they don't. So...

Not really knowing where this game will go, I pick Warren and hope they don't let me down.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

WarriorBoy
Riding the Bench

Post by WarriorBoy »

Do not let the record for portsmouth fool anybody. This may be the best team Warren has faced so far this season. Warren needs four quarters like the middle two from saturday. Otherwise it could be a long evening. Portsmouth is BIG. Hope the blue & white prove me real wrong.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

Having this game is big IMO

the Warriors have struggled on the road, and the timing for a Portsmouth group making the long trek to Vincent couldnt have been better.

I think Warren will play inspired, but worry that the size of Portsmouth on the lines will keep Warren from moving the football like they would hope.
As always the case with Portsmouth, if they get their backs out in space they will be a handle to contain. Warren is much improved defensively, but the speed Portsmouth has is akin to that of Zanesville.

Here's hoping for Warren victory on Friday

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

First of all, to all our kids keep your heads up and keep plugging away.......always give your best effort regardless of what the scoreboard says!!! Win or lose, YOU ARE TROJANS!!!

I'm hoping we can put together 4 good quarters of football Friday night......if we do, we have a good chance of winning.......it is so difficult to win when you play in spurts........

The defense played OUTSTANDING vs. Gallia Academy, and it would be nice if we could repeat that performance vs. Warren.......and hopefully our offense can put up some TD's vs. the Warriors. I, too, would like to see Jonathan Royster get more touches on offense.......that kid is super fast......it only takes one play like it did vs. Jackson for him to take it all the way(He actually did it twice).

It is good to see Warren doing better.........we know what's its like to struggle for a while......6 straight losing seasons in basketball.........so when a team finally snaps out of a losing rut it has to build self-esteem and confidence.

I won't be making the trip to Warren, which will be my first missed game in almost 3 years. But I will with the Men of Troy in spirit........

GO TROJANS!!!!
Last edited by trojandave on Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Tobias: I remember that 1984 season......I believe that Portsmouth snapped Ironton's long winning streak(1977-1984) when we won 19-10. I think we also beat Purcell Marian at our homecoming.

We lost to McNicolas in the semifinals......but it was a great season.....the first of 2 PHS teams to make it to the semifinals(the other was 2000).

Our sophomores have talent......and they will get better with time.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

hope p town isnt as bad as we think i took them in the pick em :shock:

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

It seems like we have more Warren posters when the team loses? Why would that be the case? :?

Warren is very focused. The varsity practiced until after 7:00p last night. Portsmouth has some big linemen and speed, but the Warriors are confident and will be prepared. It'll be an excellent game, but if everyone does their job, Warren will take this one.

Big. Bad. Blue.

Return to “Football”