WK 7 Portsmouth @ Warren

blarge
Riding the Bench

Re: WK 7 Portsmouth @ Warren

Post by blarge »

It's actually been 7 years since Warren won 4 games (2001) and 9 years since the last winning season.
Royster is a burner, similar to Chilli and Zanesville's fastest.
Warren's passing and kicking game will show improvement for the second week as the result of some good coaching and instruction.
Maybe there won't be 2 inches of rain for the first time in this matchup.
It'll be tough, but Warren stays undefeated at home.

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

Warren....DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE PORTSMOUTH!!! Just because they do not have a good record doesn't mean anything. They are faster than any team the warriors have played this year and much bigger and more physical too. Stopping Cadogen will be a big challenge. The O-line will definately be tested. Open field tackling will be a must as well. Portsmouth has too many good atheletes to let run wild. Every play can be a score. On the flip side Portsmouth doesn't seem to have the discipline and has been noted to make some careless mistakes at times. The kicking game will be a huge factor. If Warren can return a kick for a score or block a punt that could be a huge momentum factor. Also it is homecoming and the seniors last game on the home field. I'm hoping the warriors come out with intensity. Too often they have come out dead and don't wake up until the opponent has scored. Come out ready to play and finish the game! GO WARRIORS!!!

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Cal Preps had Meigs beating Warren by a larger spread than that.

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Post by warriiorfan »

GO BLUE!

Trojans may have to do a little open-field tackling as well!!!

Make a play Warriors!!!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

IMO, this game comes down to Warren's ability to contain the speed of Portsmouth. PHS is probably the fastest team Warren has seen to this point, and whether or not they can contain that speed will be the difference.

I think both teams are pretty solid defensively, and it could come down to a special teams score.

Good Health to both teams.

zbd
Freshman Team

Post by zbd »

Since Portsmouth fans love to hate Zville I will be rooting on Warren GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Good luck to both respected SEOAL Teams. I don't know much about Warren. Chillicothe will be playing the Warriors at home in week 9 for the first time since entering the SEOAL. But with that said, I have seen our old rival friends from the Ohio River play. The Portsmouth Trojans. Portsmouth has the tools. Hopefully, they will execute and get the W this week representing the South Teams.

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlueinsider »

48 minutes of 100% effort.

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Post by coal miner's son »

I guess we can't all be as positive as WWF all the time.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

Coal Miner,

You can be as positive as warrenwarriorfan all the time.
It just takes an effort to change your heart. Trying to see the beauty in things, and actively puruing the best result will help you rid yourself of some of that negativity.

If you were looking for help to become less critical, there you go.

If not, tough cookies. I am gonna go wash down my cookies in a half full glass of Warrior punch.

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Post by coal miner's son »

As far as being negative, I think WWF was toing that line with his/her comment about Warren people only posting following a loss. I only see what I see. some agree and some don't. But life isn't about teddy bears and hugs. You can't always sugar-coat everything. Sometimes there are "negatives".

Thanks Dr. Phil.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

zbd wrote:Since Portsmouth fans love to hate Zville I will be rooting on Warren GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!

where is any Portsmoiuth fans hating on Zanesvile?

we dont even play them this year,and whenw e did, I had nothing but good things to say about them....they had a great team

Army
S

Post by Army »

Yeah,

I have never seen any Portsmouth Posters being negative on here. Especially against Zanesville.

A team with great talent but only stayed in the League 3 years. :roll: :-D

This is after, a select few of Zanesville Posters bashed Ironton when they first announced they were leaving the SEOAL last year before having another board meeting and retracting their departure vote. Then guess what, those few Zanesville Posters that bashed Ironton for leaving initally, were the very same ones that made excuses as to why Zanesville was leaving the SEOAL. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From my viewpoint and many others, especially here in Chillicothe, the Portsmouth Posters are the most respectful group on here.

Zbd,

Zanesville defeated Portsmouth and are 2-0 in Football against the Trojans and 2-0 in B-Ball. They defeated Portsmouth for the Baseball DOC in 2007. So where is there any hatred? I have seen Trojan Dave and Biggdogg say nothing but kind things about Zanesville.

Maybe it's Zanesville high hopes that they thought they might rule this league but fate showed them that they were not.

Zanesville's Opponets

South Teams
Chillicothe was 2-1 against Z-ville
Ironton was 1-1 against Z-ville
Portsmouth is 0-2 against Z-ville
Jackson is 0-0 but plays this season against Z-ville

North Teams
Logan is 3-0 against Z-ville
Warren is 0-3 against Z-ville
Athens is 0-2 against Z-ville
Marietta is 0-2 against Z-ville

Good Luck Trojans against the Warren Warriors :!:

Trojan Spirit 76
Waterboy

Post by Trojan Spirit 76 »

Trojan Dave, your cheering will be missed at this Fridays game!!! OK Trojan fans that are making the trek to Warren....lets make Trojan Dave proud and really cheer our young men on and MAKE SOME NOISE!!!! Mighty Trojans...play your best and it will show on the score board at the end of the night..... :aaaaa83 :aaaaa83 :aaaaa83 GO TROJANS...BEAT WARREN :aaaaa83 :aaaaa83 :aaaaa83

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

As an outsider only seeing the Trojans this year I would have to agree with 4ever and ldf on most points. I also agree with the Ptown faithful in getting the Royster kid the ball. In a 7-0 ballgame there were plenty of times that the athletes from Ptown were merely steps away from making the game even tighter. Hammerdown has been saying that the QB from ptown is a great athlete and he is right on with that. Only a soph and still learning the speed of the varsity game but that kid is going to be really good and i walked away impressed with his speed. One thing for sure, the ptown faithful know speed when they see it, they certainly will have that on their side friday night. Warren seems vastly improved but I still say ptown comes out on top 27-12. That team has ability but seems to lack the confidence that getting an early lead can give a young team. Good luck to both and really this game has the potential to be the most even game of the week in our area, of course in a contrasting way. Good to see Warren coming back around.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

TrojanSpirit76: Hopefully our fans will make a lot of noise.......although I won't be at the game, I certainly will be thinking of our Trojans......I wish the game were on the radio, but it probably won't be..........76, have a good time at the game and just maybe our kids can put together 4 good quarters of football.....we are overdue for that..........but very capable.........

I know one thing about going to a football game at Warren......they have the GREATEST POPCORN in the world!! I wonder if they have chicken and noodles also like they had at the basketball games.......great concessions at Warren!!

zbd.......I have no idea what you're talking about.......Portsmouth posters on SEOPS give Zanesville a lot of respect......there is no hate whatsoever toward ZHS in Portsmouth..........

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Playmaker is no hater againest the "Z".........I was thoroughly impressed by the team last year........I had rooted for them to win over Logan.........by the way......why are we playing at Warren again this year after playing there last year??? I thought every other year was pretty much standard..........? Hope the Trojans find some offense this week.........the defense has played very well the last three weeks. Go Trojans!!!

marklduckworth
Freshman Team

Post by marklduckworth »

The Warriors have been good at home all year. I hope to see a big crowd tomorrow night at the Homecoming game. I have faith in our boys and I beleive they are going to get the job done. It is not easy to make a long bus ride like this one and play a game. The new SEOAL has made for some very, very, very, long days for many players, coaches, families, etc. I love the competition, and I think most people do. I just wish it wasn't so many miles between the schools. The temperature is cool, the school is excited, the community is excited, it is homecoming.................Let's take care of Business at home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BLUE !!!!!!

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

We've got a shot!

Warrior o-line needs a solid nite to contain cadogan.

i dont think these boys will be easily tripped up by portsmouth's record; they're levelheaded (for the most part :122249 ), and focused on making it 4-0 at home for the first time in a longtime.

Warren 21
Portsmouth 13

first homecoming win that i remember in a loooong time!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Ptown Playmaker wrote:Playmaker is no hater againest the "Z".........I was thoroughly impressed by the team last year........I had rooted for them to win over Logan.........by the way......why are we playing at Warren again this year after playing there last year??? I thought every other year was pretty much standard..........? Hope the Trojans find some offense this week.........the defense has played very well the last three weeks. Go Trojans!!!

could be worse, Ironton had to go back to Logan,after going there last year 8)

Return to “Football”