JV Team

Re: WK 7 Portsmouth @ Warren

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

warren 21 ports 13...

C4PITTS
Waterboy

Post by C4PITTS »

Glad to see the site is fixed, didn't want to disappoint WWF and only post when things are bad. :122249

Good game by the players and coaches over Meigs. They stuck with what worked and gambled some at the end of the half. The touch down, ON A PASS NO LESS, right before half I thought really took the wind out of Meigs. Running game was really clicking so no need to try much else. Still don't like the offense, but hey, it's hard to complain when you put up 300 on the ground. But getting back in league play we'll have a hard time getting the push off the ball we did Fri nite.

The defense played very well . I was surprised Meigs didn't run off tackle more, Tackle to Tackle the yards are hard to come by against the Warriors. Pass defense has improved week after week (#10 played well for not getting many reps the first half of the season), but after hearing so much about the Meigs passing attack, was not too impressed by it (i.e. same routes, same reciever).

If the rumors were true about the Warriors trying to get back in the T.V.C. I think this game is why we get a NO vote.

The last 4 games are TOUGH to say the least but the good news is we look to be pretty healthy and without a doubt carrying alot of momentum and playing the best ball we have this year.

The Trojan record doesn't show it but they will bigger, faster, stronger than anyone yet so EVERYONE needs to dial it up to the next level.

GO WARRIORS !!!

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

C4: I knew you wouldn't let me down!

The bottom line is this site is great for chatting about the games and supporting the team (many of the players read this stuff) but not really the best way to influence the coaching strategy. First, many of the coaches do not read this stuff. Second, those who do are not likely to be influenced by a bunch of anonymous belly aching. Most importantly, griping about the coaching is pretty counter to supporting the players. That is, I don't think you can write about how futile the coaching is and then say, "But go ahead a play your hearts out fellas, even if what you're being asked to do is stupid." I think I have a pretty good handle on things with regard to the team. The coaching staff isn't perfect (what staff is?), but they are doing a solid job. I believe they are improving. The program is making progress. So, I choose to take a primarily positive stance.

I'm guessing some of the posters on here aren't going to feel good about things regardless of whether the team wins or loses because they feel that certain players are being treated unfairly. While I understand how frustrating things like that can be, this is probably not the best forum for that kind of ax grinding.

As most of you know I periodically let everyone know who I am because I don't like the anonymity thing. I prefer that folks know who I am so that I don't say things that I wouldn't say otherwise. So, for those that don't already know. I'm Dave Ellenwood. My son is Clay. I can be contacted at dellenwood@ msn.com.

As for the game, Portsmouth will be a challenge. This is a winnable game, but not easily winnable. I hope that the Warriors go out and make believers of everyone. It would be a great victory.

Big. Bad. Blue.

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Post by coal miner's son »

This was the first time that Warren has beaten Meigs since we started scheduling them approx. 4 years ago. I don't think that would keep Warren out of the TVC. Maybe Warren should have taken a dive for the upcoming years? Warren barely beat Belpre. Belpre was crushed by Nelsonville and Wellston. On paper, Warren would lose to those schools. If I were a school in the TVC, I would welsome Warren with open arms. A win is points (Warren is a bigger school).

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

This crap brings me down. All I know is, this is a perfect day/ night for football. Overcast, cool (Gotham City). One can only smell it in the air. I just want to be able play again!

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

HOLY CRAP!! Warren is in the SEOPS TOP 15!!

I can't type very well because I can't see the keyboard through the tears.

WOW, this team has earned a bit of respect. How about that!

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Oh No! Warren will never get into the TVC now.

BTW, the WingT is the most versitile offense a high school team can run (as far as taloring it to athletes every year). Changing now would be a BIG mistake.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

TVC and Warren - Yawn!!!!!!

C4PITTS
Waterboy

Post by C4PITTS »

"A win is point's" If memory serves me right thats how Warren ended up in the S.E.O.A.L. and in over 20 years that has added up to 1 shared league championship and 0 playoff appearances.

Been alot of lean years so it's good to see these boys having some success and changing attitudes about Warren Warrior Football. A win tonite would take this program one more step in a positive direction.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

coal miner's son
Meigs has voted against Warren already several times within the last few years. I have it from good sources inside the TVC ADs and Principles that one member has brought up the idea of inviting Warren in and it has been voted down every time usually with only one vote for (the one wanting to invite us).

If Warren gets in the TVC it would only be good if they brought some other D3 - D2 schools with them (like Marietta, Jackson etc).

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

The TVC has made it pretty clear that it doesn't want Warren. Warren would be at or near the top in all sports. I guess the existing teams don't feel like having to worry about another "contender."

That's fine, the SEOAL is a great league. I think the only thing that might lead to problems is travel cost. We'll see what the future holds.

90goldeneagle
JV Team

Post by 90goldeneagle »

Anyone have the score of this game?

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Final

Warren 9
Portsmouth 7

Yes!

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

nice win warriors

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

I am sobbing tears of joy right now.

Man would we like to have the first half of the Marietta game back.

Oh well, our guys are doing great. So excited to get another victory

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

6 weeks of the same ole offensive scheme!..........great job again by the Trojan defense.........we did actually score once tonight though.......the drive was highlighted by running several times INSIDE the tackles........we had POSITIVE yardage, scored a touchdown...........whatta ya know!.......after that, lets abandon, and go back to the same plays that haven't worked in 7 weeks.......WE CAN NOT RUN OUTSIDE EVERY PLAY...........Trojan players..........don't give up.........keep playing hard.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Way to go Warriors! 4 Wins in one season! It's been a very long time since that happened. Congrats. Keep working hard.

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlueinsider »

not only was it the first time we have won 4 games....

but we went UNDEFEATED at home.

how long has it been since that happened at warren??? its been a while i'm guessing.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

First undefeated home schedule since 96 when Devol's group went 9-1

That year we defended the home turf against:
South
Gallia
Belpre
River Valley
Athens

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Didn't make it to the game, but congratulations to the Warriors on the win.

Sounds like our Trojans played another outstanding defensive game........the D played well enough to win the Gallia Academy and Warren games......but the offense wasn't able to put the ball in the end zone enough.

Still, good effort by Portsmouth......with 3 games remaining, to all our kids, keep your heads up, keep battling, and I will be there to cheer you on for the last 3 home games..........ALWAYS REMEMBER, WIN OR LOSE, YOU ARE TROJANS.......OUR TROJANS!!!

GO TROJANS!!!

Return to “Football”