WK 7 Portsmouth @ Warren

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Re: WK 7 Portsmouth @ Warren

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Pol Pot wrote:WOW!!!! Trojans getting dealt a little humility and they are looking for someone to blame?

Come on men of Troy, buck up!

Definition of humility- the quality or condition of being humble; modest opinion or estimate of one's own importance, rank, etc.

How could we get dealt a little humility? We are aware that we are not a good team. We have lost close games with Jackson and Gallia, and were congratulant in both cases as we were in lopsided losses to West, Burg, and Chillicothe. We are very humble in defeat as we have had much practice at it as of late. We have not placed blame on anyone but ourselves for not getting the job done. I took one instance to voice my opinion on what was a poorly called game, and a game that one call could have changed the outcome of. Sorry if standing up for the Trojans bothers some of you.

C4PITTS
Waterboy

Post by C4PITTS »

The Trojans special teams play hurt them FAR MORE than the officials did. Had 1 punt blocked and the rest shaky to say the least, fumbled every punt return but one I believe, muffed the second half kick off and end up starting on the 5.

The biggest concern I had with the officiating was the late whistles when a kid is stood up and progress is stopped. I know it's football but some kids are gonna get hurt by someone getting a free shot.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Just maybe Warren is learning how to make breaks or bounces go there way. Winning teams have a way of doing that.

blarge
Riding the Bench

Post by blarge »

How did the winning scores come about in the second half?
Two FG's or a TD?
Had to go to work and can't find an article or stats anywhere on-line.
For whatever it's worth, the majority of the most blatant blown calls against Warren FB the last 10-12 years have been at home.
The '06 loss at Portsmouth was 28-21. Warren led 21-14 at the half by scoring off turnovers. Portsmouth controlled the ball for 2 long drives, both over 9 minutes for the win. They kept being set back by penalties, but always converted. Warren only had 2 posessions the entire second half for less than 4 minutes....Tough loss I remember.
Warren FB is becoming successful by overcoming adversity, of which there has been no shortage.

C4PITTS
Waterboy

Post by C4PITTS »

Wellspring scored on a nice run and missed x-point.

Warrens defense played an outstanding game with the secondary having it's best game yet. Offense scored enough to win. When your defense plays like that it takes a ton of pressure off the offense.

Congrats to all who contributed to a good win.

We find out these next 3 weeks just how much better the Warriors are and how much more they have to go.

GO WARRIORS

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

congrats to warren on the win, and on the success you are having this season.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Congrats to the Warriors and their coaching staff. I have only good things to say about them, they fought hard and kept themselves in position for a chance to win the game. All I have said is that the Trojans also gave themselves several opportunities to win the game only to have them taken away on poor calls or no calls.
Is there anyone that was at the game that doubts that there was a face mask on the punt return that wasn't called that would have put PHS 1st and Goal? If so, you are either blind or lying to yourself.

With that being said I wish Warren the best of luck the rest of the season and hope they can shock one the big dogs they have remaining.

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Post by coal miner's son »

I know it wasn't just me, but did others notice the disenchantment among the Warren coaches toward the end of the game? I don't get it? A win was moments away and this was going on...??? Maybe (Hopefully) it was nothing.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Maybe they were just stunned.

:)

After the game they seemed to be pretty excited. I didn't really notice anything, but I was busy being pretty stunned myself.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Some coaches have had victory taken away in the last few seconds on freek plays and they sometime just don't show how they feel until the game is over.

gunman
Waterboy

Post by gunman »

What do you mean by "disenchantment" between the coach's at the end of the game?

gunman
Waterboy

Post by gunman »

Sorry. I forgot "you" in there.

Return to “Football”