Whats wrong with Tiger football

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Whats wrong with Tiger football

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Still they have earned the right to miss it if they need to and the players shouldnt question it. If they have any questions they need to go look at the trophy case and tehy will see why they need to respect the coaches.

the nasty
Waterboy

Post by the nasty »

i agree they need to but its the coaches job to gain respect from the players and the players job to gain respect from the coaches! there needs to be a leader on both sides

tigerpride
Waterboy

Post by tigerpride »

the nasty wrote:my point with the "respect" issue was ........how do you respect the 2 main coaches at Ironton when neither of them regularly attended weightlifting during the summer if at all?!?!?!?! you would think that is what they are getting paid to do!

Hmmmm, that is interesting, my dad is one of the main coaches and he was at the high school all summer.....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i don't know fellers , i think they've hit their stride. they sunk the claws in deep and often last night , on a div. 2 team that was 5-1. jumped us from 9th, to 3rd. they protect the ball like this the rest of the season, this could be another glorious year. for the tigers.------------- roll on tigers.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

congrats on turning it around in one week,,,,,see what playing BIGGER schools does for you :lol: :lol:

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

no choice but to play bigger schools. Schools of similar size, locally, like say, Russell Ky., have ducked the Fighting Tigers for about 15 years now. Ironton's record slides and guess who wants back on the merry-go round? Well put a quarter back in if you want another ride.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

since ironton won i don't hear any fans complaining about playing bigger schools. playing bigger schools seemed to help.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

if you want to play for the tigers you should have your azz in that weight room on a daily basis without needing a coach to check up on you! all the good ones have done it over the years

ItownFanatic
Waterboy

Post by ItownFanatic »

Back to what someone said on the first page, i cant remember who, but they said ironton doesnt get attention with people scouting them? if i understood that right i have to say that that wasn't such an accurate statement.... i saw at least 3 different school scouters at the jackson game this past friday... one asking about a specific player, but anyways, just trying to correct you -IF- i understood what you said right.... :122245

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

ItownFanatic wrote:Back to what someone said on the first page, i cant remember who, but they said ironton doesnt get attention with people scouting them? if i understood that right i have to say that that wasn't such an accurate statement.... i saw at least 3 different school scouters at the jackson game this past friday... one asking about a specific player, but anyways, just trying to correct you -IF- i understood what you said right.... :122245

was ny one of them?

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

HD your comment about the Tigers being an all-star team is way off base, these kids on this team have played together since the 5th grade, so bite your tongue on the recruiting bs.

the nasty
Waterboy

Post by the nasty »

tl895 wrote:if you want to play for the tigers you should have your azz in that weight room on a daily basis without needing a coach to check up on you! all the good ones have done it over the years

i know that and you know that but some kids need to be pushed to understand their potential fully and that needs to be done by coaches and their fellow players

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

why would coach Lutz go to weights?,,hell, you cant even get him out of the gym now a days when the sun is shining :lol: :lol: :lol:

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

HD I grew up in Raceland and I remember that at 1 Time Russell Used to pull alot of players from surrounding schools, but that is the past and so was 15 years ago, same as was 35 years ago when I played the game.

So give the All-Star thing a rest, Russell gets a chance to play the Tigers again next year, to renew a pretty good football series, and 1 that I for 1 hope is enjoyable too watch.

the nasty
Waterboy

Post by the nasty »

biggdowgg wrote:why would coach Lutz go to weights?,,hell, you cant even get him out of the gym now a days when the sun is shining :lol: :lol: :lol:

haha now it all makes sense!

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

the nasty wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:why would coach Lutz go to weights?,,hell, you cant even get him out of the gym now a days when the sun is shining :lol: :lol: :lol:

haha now it all makes sense!

That's a nasty thing to say about such a well respected man! Coach Lutz did go to the weight room and does take an interest in his players. You should be ashamed of yourselves to talk this way. I read posts on here that state kids don't respect their coaches, teachers, etc. and why should they when they have such sterling examples set for them. :roll:

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Gray Fighting Tiger wrote:One factor among several: Ironton just doesn't have the bodies any more (yes, I'm talking about SCHOOL SIZE)

For your consideration:

When Ironton rejoined the SEOAL in the late 60's after being in the COL for a few years, the typical graduating class was 200 or more; mine was about 206.

The Class of 2008, according to the graduation special section of the Ironton Tribune, had about 100.

Anybody that thinks such a shrinkage has no effect is delusional, in my humble opinion.

And barring some unlikely population explosion in the city, it's going to get even worse (I've heard anywhere from 90 down to 70 within the next few years).

That reminds me of a certain Seinfeld episode. :lol:

StonewallJackson89
Riding the Bench

Post by StonewallJackson89 »

I hear a lot of people from Ironton say they wish they had a running back like Jamon Jackson on the team again. I also hear a lot of people that are not Ironton fans say that Ironton recruits some of their players. Wasn't Jamon from Huntington? This may be off the topic a little but I just wanted to know what people think about this?

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

tl895 wrote:if you want to play for the tigers you should have your azz in that weight room on a daily basis without needing a coach to check up on you! all the good ones have done it over the years

Exactly!

My brother was there every time the doors were open and so were most of the other players.

Nobody had to be there.

He worked his arse off because they wanted to win and make their coaches proud of them.

They won during those years too too.

They were state runner up his junior year (1988) and state champions his senior year (1989).

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

The Instructor wrote:
Gray Fighting Tiger wrote:One factor among several: Ironton just doesn't have the bodies any more (yes, I'm talking about SCHOOL SIZE)

For your consideration:

When Ironton rejoined the SEOAL in the late 60's after being in the COL for a few years, the typical graduating class was 200 or more; mine was about 206.

The Class of 2008, according to the graduation special section of the Ironton Tribune, had about 100.

Anybody that thinks such a shrinkage has no effect is delusional, in my humble opinion.

And barring some unlikely population explosion in the city, it's going to get even worse (I've heard anywhere from 90 down to 70 within the next few years).

That reminds me of a certain Seinfeld episode. :lol:

I remember that one,,poor ole George :oops:

good to see you posting again starnger.

Return to “Football”