Dream Matchup

Buttermaker
Waterboy

Dream Matchup

Post by Buttermaker »

What would be your dream matchup this year if you could make it happen?

I have 2......Wahama Vs Meigs and Ironton Vs Minford

NY BUCKS
All State

Re: Dream Matchup

Post by NY BUCKS »

NELSONVILLE YORK fed hock. :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

I'd like to of seen Burg play Johnson Central and St. Clairsville this year!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Ironton and Permian.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Neutron Man wrote:I'd like to of seen Burg play Johnson Central and St. Clairsville this year!

did you see where JC came within 20 yards of the state record last week in rushing (like 720 yards) and they took a knee the last series, all against a pretty good team. Two backs had like 250 yards a piece.

I'm not sure you want any more of JC

california kid
Varsity

Post by california kid »

tigercannon71 wrote:Ironton and Permian.

that would be amazing :122246

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Wheelersburg vs. Newark Catholic- They played a 4 game series back in the 90's with Burg winning 3 and losing the 4th one in overtime, up there.

Wheelersburg vs. Wayne, Wv-Had a guy I worked with once told me that Wayne would wipe the Burg off the field. Would have to see it to believe it. I told him that the Burg doesn't play in the OVC, who is all Wayne will play from over here in Ohio.

Wheelersburg vs. Gallipolis-Has always been a good game when these two meet up.

Wheelersburg vs. Nelsonville York-Only time they have ever met is in the playoffs. I think NY holds a 2-1 advantage

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Central Giants vs. Whitwell Browns.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Would love to see a 1976 rematch of West Ironton vs Central. The Giants had their hearts broken by Franklin McClellan and about a 65 yard run (6-0).

Current day:

Would love to see a Coldwater vs. Steubenville matchup or a Coldwater vs. Mooney matchup.

Locally, I would love to see a day full of football. Here's my schedule:

Minford vs Russell 11 AM
Wheelersburg vs. Raceland Ky 3 PM
Ironton vs. Belfry Ky. 7PM

$10 gets you all 3 games.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

85inside wrote:or a Coldwater vs. Mooney matchup.

I seen that one last year in the state finals. It was a CLASSIC!!!!!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:Burg vs Chilli

Have these schools ever played one another?

FIDO,

No Chillicothe has never played Wheelersburg. But would be a great game. WBEX 1490 Web site has all the CAVALIER Football History:

http://www.wbex.com/pages/CHSFootball.html

If we are reduced to a 5 Team SEOAL League as it looks to be heading, my wish for our Chillicothe Cavaliers is, to restart a series with the following teams in non-league play with the 6 games our CAVS would need:

1. Circleville Tigers DIII from the MSL-Buckeye Division. Both teams have played each other 39 times since the schools began play in 1899. Chillicothe leads the series over Circleville 21-16-2. Circleville is 19 miles from the City of Chillicothe. :-D

2. Waverly Tigers DIV from the SOC II. Both Teams have played each other 7 times. The series began in 1902. Chillicothe leads the series over Waverly 7-0. Waverly is 17 miles from the City of Chillicothe. :-D

3. Hillsboro Indians DIII from the SCOL. Both teams have played each other 21 times. The series began in 1902. Chillicothe leads the series 17-2-2. Chillicothe played in the SCOL with Hillsboro. Hillsboro is 38 miles from the City of Chillicothe. :-D

4. Greenfield McClain Tigers DIII from the SCOL. Both Teams have played each other 44 times. The series began in 1907. Chillicothe still scrimmages Greenfield McCalin every year. Chillicothe leads the series 27-14-3. Chillicothe played in the SCOL with Greenfield McClain. Greenfield is 16 miles from the City of Chillicothe. :-D

5. Washington C.H. Blue Lions from the SCOL. Both teams have played against each other 66 times. The series began in 1903. Chillicothe played in the SCOL with Washington C.H. Chillicothe leads the series 38-24-4. Washington C.H. is 29 miles from the City of Chillicothe. :-D

6. Zanesville Blue Devils DII Independent / OVAC. Both teams have played each other 35 times. The series began in 1940. Chillicothe and Zanesville have played against each other in two leagues, The C.O.L. and the SEOAL. Zanesville leads the series 31-4-0. The drive to Z-ville would also be our longest trip from the City of Chillicothe. :-D

Look at the possibilities of the list of those teams in the non-league schedule that could become re-newed rivals.

Each game could be workable.

Non-League Games
1. Circleville MSL-Buckeye
2. Hillsboro-SCOL
3. Washington C.H.-SCOL
4. Waverly-SOC II
5. Greenfield McClain-SCOL
6. Zanesville-Independent / OVAC (Non-League Rivarly Game)

SEOAL Games
7. Jackson
8. Gallia Academy
9. Logan
10. Portsmouth-(League Rivarly Game)

One game at a time CAVS :!:

GO CAVS :!: :-D

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

siderman wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:I'd like to of seen Burg play Johnson Central and St. Clairsville this year!

did you see where JC came within 20 yards of the state record last week in rushing (like 720 yards) and they took a knee the last series, all against a pretty good team. Two backs had like 250 yards a piece.

I'm not sure you want any more of JC

They were a VERY good team last season also and though Burg lost (A Burg team I BTW feel was weaker last season, than this season) JC stated that Burg was one of the Hardest hitting team they've played in a long time and had a very tough time against them!
I think despite the 720 yrds (cause you don't REALLY know how good that team they played was despite their record) I still believe it would be a GREAT game! Even if Burg lost a close one!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Army wrote:

FIDO,

No Chillicothe has never played Wheelersburg. But would be a great game. WBEX 1490 Web site has all the CAVALIER Football History:

If we are reduced to a 5 Team SEOAL League as it looks to be heading, my wish for our Chillicothe Cavaliers is, to restart a series with the following teams in non-league play with the 6 games our CAVS would need:

1. Circleville Tigers DIII from the MSL-Buckeye Division. Both teams have played each other 39 times since the schools began play in 1899. Chillicothe leads the series over Circleville 21-16-2. Circleville is 19 miles from the City of Chillicothe. :-D

2. Waverly Tigers DIV from the SOC II. Both Teams have played each other 7 times. The series began in 1902. Chillicothe leads the series over Waverly 7-0. Waverly is 17 miles from the City of Chillicothe. :-D

3. Hillsboro Indians DIII from the SCOL. Both teams have played each other 21 times. The series began in 1902. Chillicothe leads the series 17-2-2. Chillicothe played in the SCOL with Hillsboro. Hillsboro is 38 miles from the City of Chillicothe. :-D

4. Greenfield McClain Tigers DIII from the SCOL. Both Teams have played each other 44 times. The series began in 1907. Chillicothe still scrimmages Greenfield McCalin every year. Chillicothe leads the series 27-14-3. Chillicothe played in the SCOL with Greenfield McClain. Greenfield is 16 miles from the City of Chillicothe. :-D

5. Washington C.H. Blue Lions from the SCOL. Both teams have played against each other 66 times. The series began in 1903. Chillicothe played in the SCOL with Washington C.H. Chillicothe leads the series 38-24-4. Washington C.H. is 29 miles from the City of Chillicothe. :-D

6. Zanesville Blue Devils DII Independent / OVAC. Both teams have played each other 35 times. The series began in 1940. Chillicothe and Zanesville have played against each other in two leagues, The C.O.L. and the SEOAL. Zanesville leads the series 31-4-0. The drive to Z-ville would also be our longest trip from the City of Chillicothe. :-D

Look at the possibilities of the list of those teams in the non-league schedule that could become re-newed rivals.

Non-League Games
2. Hillsboro-SCOL
3. Washington C.H.-SCOL
4. Waverly-SOC II

SEOAL Games
7. Jackson
8. Gallia Academy
9. Logan

[/quote]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WHAT, NO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS. RUMOR IS , WE ARE HEADING OUT AS WELL. I HOPE NOT THOUGH.

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

logan and the ohio state buckeyes

Direct Hit
Waterboy

Post by Direct Hit »

ironton vs portsmouth west, I think you know what i mean

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Direct Hit wrote:ironton vs portsmouth west, I think you know what i mean

I am not aware.

Army
S

Post by Army »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
Army wrote:

FIDO,

Non-League Games
2. Hillsboro-SCOL
3. Washington C.H.-SCOL
4. Waverly-SOC II

SEOAL Games
7. Jackson
8. Gallia Academy
9. Logan

[/quote]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WHAT, NO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS. RUMOR IS , WE ARE HEADING OUT AS WELL. I HOPE NOT THOUGH.

Tigerbait,

I like that series too :!:

Chillicothe and Ironton. :-D

I know if Portsmouth would decide to boot as well, I am pretty sure Chillicothe would follow likewise. For either independent status or try to get in the only league that is open at the time, The SCOL.

WOW :!:

Now that would be a serious SEOAL with Logan, Jackson and Gallia Academy.

Heck if the SEOAL does fall apart, maybe Chillicothe, Portsmouth and Ironton from the SEOAL should try to convince Waverly, Burg and West to form something DOWN HERE in SE-Ohio. :-D

Tigerbait,
Good luck to your Fighting Tigers tonight against the Ironmen. Should be an easy Ironton victory for you all at the TANK. :-D

GO CAVS :!:

Return to “Football”