KarlAgathon wrote:
and what would you call Matewan?

A very good movie?

With the title being Team of Four beats Team with Eleven. :lol: :lol: :lol:

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Re: WK 8 Oak Hill @ Symmes Valley

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

lew wrote:Is sr 141 any straighter. i'm gonna be sick just thinking about that drive!!!!!
oaks by alot!!!

Better get U some dramamine.

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

I enjoy the drive down State Route 141, especially this time of the year with the leaves changing.

Direct Hit
Waterboy

Post by Direct Hit »

vikings win this one in a close battle. young kids are starting to play better. even with some kids hurt they still have some talented young kids to step in. the only thing these kids will lack is varsity experience , not football experience.

revjimjones
Riding the Bench

Post by revjimjones »

We, here at the Peoples' Temple, believe Oak Hill wins big.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

LETS GO OAKS

oaksbacker1
Waterboy

Post by oaksbacker1 »

Boogerred- if there many people in the stands can see, and even people from Jackson, Minford, Galliopolis, East and Wheelersburg see that we should be doing some things differently and we lost games we shouldnt have and we do things that make you think WTF?????? then yes there is a problem. Knowledgable people that know football know there is a problem. Past Oak Hill Coaches that are doing GREAT NOW are even astonished. But the Oaks will finish strong their last 3 games. Goodluck Friday boys!

svfan32
Waterboy

Post by svfan32 »

it seems to me that some of you are having fun running sv down but what some of you don't know is that we have had between 5 and 6 starters out every game but are boys have not gave up and even with another loss of a starter from friday nights game are boys still have good attitudes we have freshman picking up very well fans lets come out and support are team friday night I think we can win this one lets go vikings beat them oaks lets prove them all wrong

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

oaksbacker1 wrote:Boogerred- if there many people in the stands can see, and even people from Jackson, Minford, Galliopolis, East and Wheelersburg see that we should be doing some things differently and we lost games we shouldnt have and we do things that make you think WTF?????? then yes there is a problem. Knowledgable people that know football know there is a problem. Past Oak Hill Coaches that are doing GREAT NOW are even astonished. But the Oaks will finish strong their last 3 games. Goodluck Friday boys!

Oak Hill coaches for the last 8 years have a record of 1-7 against East! Oct. 3, 2003 @ Oak Hill! Oak Hill 32 East 14. Are these some of the same coaches from the past? Of course, our coach went 10-0 last season and quit! (And, I don't want to debate about this anymore!) Just comparing coaching dilemas at both schools!

Coach we have now is great and we are very happy with him and hope he stays for many, many years! Coach Hall & Company is the best thing to ever happen to East Football!

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

boogerred wrote:I get sick of all the goons in the stands yelling at the coaches, saying "What in the world did they call that for?"

The nfl is going to start looking for coaches in the stands at Oak hill games

I have to say this once :lol: :lol: :lol: I know your mother taught U better do not pick your nose in public.

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

Bleachrbum wrote:East v. Matewan ??? But I agree if the East v Oak Hill and S.V. and the Chesapeake v Oak Hill and S. V. scores are the comparisons it could be another long night for the Vikings.

East v Ref's not East v Matewan

Bleachrbum
Freshman Team

Post by Bleachrbum »

If this were a thread about East v Matewan or Symmes Valley v East a lot might be said about the impact of the home field refs ......but those games are over and this thread is about the Oak Hill / Symmes valley game. Hopefully the kids and coaches of this game will set the tone and a great game will be enjoyed by all. :)

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

I have been a Symmes Valley Viking for 19 years. In those 19 years, there have been lots of losses, and lots of wins. One thing that has remained constant is that no matter if the record is 10-0, 0-10 or somewhere in between, fans come to the games and cheer on the Vikings. Yes, at SV, you sometimes learn to be a gracious loser, but we support our players win or lose. Many times, we have gone to away games at much larger schools than ours and had more fans there than the home team.
No matter the distance, we'll be there wearing red, clapping when our school song is played, and encouraging our kids. Not because we're winning, but because we're Symmes Valley Vikings and those are our kids. Isn't that how it's supposed to be?

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

[/quote]
I have to say this once :lol: :lol: :lol: I know your mother taught U better do not pick your nose in public.[/quote]

No my mom always told me is was ok. :122245

As for people doing things differently...

Of course different people will do things differently! If you were to ask five different construction companies to build the same house, I am sure that all of them would do it differently. Either support the kids and the coaching staff, or go cry to a school board member (as rumor has it that many of you already have).

Give the staff a break. Was not Oak Hill awful not too long ago? I think the staff has turned things around and the Oaks are playing respectable football.

Here's another idea....

If you think the coaches are so bad, grow a set of stones and talk to them (respectfully and not confrontationally) about it. Most coaches will at least listen, and sometimes you can give them a different perspective on things.

If not they will at least have something to laugh at.

billyclydetuggle
Waterboy

Post by billyclydetuggle »

Knowledgable people that know football know there is a problem

the problem at oak hill is that the Ohio Retired Football Coaches' Association, The Ohio Football Coaches' Wives Association, and the "I Shoulda Been a Football Coach" Association all have there main offices in Oak Hill.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

The attitudes toward the OaK Hill coaching staff in the stands are pretty crap, if you ask me.

At one game I sat beside an ten-year old who questioned the play-calling. Of course, this same young man then informed his buddy that the two-minute warning would be coming up soon...

Where do you think he learned to yell, "We need to pass the ball!"

Oak Hill is a funny place.

Oak Hill's greatest football success came in the 1980s when the school was part of the SVAC, and OH was a Division IV school playing a bunch of D-V schools.

I am sure Oak Hillians are proud of their team, but we are not talking about Ironton.

If you look at the trophy case, the Oaks have never been to the OHSAA playoffs, yet I hear people say things like, "If Phillips wins less than eight games, he's gone."

Does anybody believe that hearing such statements all week at home helps the kids play better on Friday night?

The OH sophomores are a very talented group with tremendous upside; they will get there, if the community will let them develop and not constantly hold the, "We'll get a new coach" thing over their heads all the time.

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

Bleachrbum wrote:If this were a thread about East v Matewan or Symmes Valley v East a lot might be said about the impact of the home field refs ......but those games are over and this thread is about the Oak Hill / Symmes valley game. Hopefully the kids and coaches of this game will set the tone and a great game will be enjoyed by all. :)

Excuse me.I thought U were asking a question because of the questions marks after statement,Just being polite in answering.

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

I think the OH coaches are fine, the parents need to stay out of the players ears. The only thing that concerns me is that some of the people slamming the fans and defending the coaches are the same people who question coaches and players all the time.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

The Oaks finesse their way to a win in this one.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Is this a typical physical Rusty Webb-style Symmes Valley team? How do the teams match up?

Return to “Football”