WK 8 (7-0) West @ (6-1) Minford (Co-Game of Week)

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Re: WK 8 (7-0) West @ (6-1) Minford (Co-Game of Week)

Post by The Riepo Man »

Talk is cheap...we will see what goes down Friday night

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

Neutron Man,

I say west goes 10-0 and #1 seed in the playoffs. I have watched all three teams play this year twice. West is the more physical team of the three and the best. And since when has your schedule become so tough. I will say wheelersburg has played a tougher schedule. But, the schedule has gotten considerably easier the last few years.

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

I say expect #8 to have a big game this week too. Remeber what his brother did to you guys...

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:Neutron Man,

I say west goes 10-0 and #1 seed in the playoffs. I have watched all three teams play this year twice. West is the more physical team of the three and the best. And since when has your schedule become so tough. I will say wheelersburg has played a tougher schedule. But, the schedule has gotten considerably easier the last few years.

its easy to look physical against inferior opponents......lets see how they look when facing a good team....minford and burg have already passed the test....i think the soc champion was determined last friday at ed miller stadium...west 8-2 watching burg and minford play each other again in the playoffs

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

We Will See.... Don't be shocked though

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:We Will See.... Don't be shocked though

i wont be west has a chance to win thats why they play the game i just think it is difficult to know how physical or good a team is until you play a team that can match up with your players....minford and burg are practically mirrors of each other...result was a close hard fought game that both teams had the opportunity to win.....i think west is a little stronger than minford and burg but a little slower as well so it will be interesting too see how that plays out should be a good game.....i just think that west's unusually weak schedule will hurt them in a close game....the battle last week will help the falcons JMO

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

I remember one year what his brother did to the falcons..

HOLD UP... he was running against a 3 senior team... IMPRESSIVE! although i will say he was about one of the most talented to come out of the area!

Are you guys bringing him back down to play? cause the way i look at it, he has nothing to do with this game..

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:Neutron Man,

And since when has your schedule become so tough. I will say wheelersburg has played a tougher schedule. But, the schedule has gotten considerably easier the last few years.

Last few years means JACK!!! This is THIS YEAR!!
And as for my team having a tough schedule? Well you just said that they do!!

GO BURG!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

you guys act as if West is slow. Ask someone from Portsmouth how fast this defense is. Yeah Minford has some kids with speed, but the whole West defense can run. And as Goat said, except for the 2 corners, they all have excellent size. Also they have more depth now as about 9 kids are rotating on the offensive and defensive lines.

The double wing is a nice offense, but for it to work 2 things have to happen. You must be able to run the ball up the middle first, then your pulling guards must be able to knock out the end on the counters or jet sweeps as their sometimes called. You will find this very hard with our linebackers and D ends. They are very good. As we said before South Point, whom scored 3 TD's on Burg and ran the same offense Minford does with speed on the wing and Seagraves, whom is better and more powerful than any back you have, scored 7 points against us. We'll be fine.

moty
Riding the Bench

Post by moty »

After watching the Minford\Burg game i think Minford will have a hard time getting enough points on the board to hang with West.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:I bet west will match both minford and wheelersburgs team speed. Your going to see 200 lb pound runners not 160 lb runners with the same speed.

oldcoachb, Have fun tackling #8, #5, #19, #11. Cause you guys havent seen backs like these guys all year

I have watched west several times and do not believe those 200 lbs backs match the speed of Burg or Minford. However they do bring good speed with size. South Point had backs that match West's size. Minford backs I feel are better all around over SP backs as they are able to generate yards after initial contact. Very good feet and balance and run hard.

West must contain the motion reverse that minford likes to run. Ran it to perfection against Waverly and gained huge yardage with it. Burg was able to shut this play down and force Minford to the inside where Burg's swarming defense and speed could be a factor.

Based upon the Burg game I think Minford will have trouble stopping the run of the Senators. Especially as the quarters wear on. Minford must control the football keeping the West offense off field and the Minford defense fresh.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

siderman wrote:you guys act as if West is slow. Ask someone from Portsmouth how fast this defense is. Yeah Minford has some kids with speed, but the whole West defense can run. And as Goat said, except for the 2 corners, they all have excellent size. Also they have more depth now as about 9 kids are rotating on the offensive and defensive lines.

The double wing is a nice offense, but for it to work 2 things have to happen. You must be able to run the ball up the middle first, then your pulling guards must be able to knock out the end on the counters or jet sweeps as their sometimes called. You will find this very hard with our linebackers and D ends. They are very good. As we said before South Point, whom scored 3 TD's on Burg and ran the same offense Minford does with speed on the wing and Seagraves, whom is better and more powerful than any back you have, scored 7 points against us. We'll be fine.

Oh yeah Portsmouth, there is a valid opponent on West's schedule. How are they doing overall this year with their DI prospects??? :lol: :lol:

You hit one nail on the head Siderman about the wing T. Minford has the bulldogs to gain yards up the middle and they have the explosion around the end. If your 2 corners have small size, nothing wrong with that, they will have a hard time containing the back coming around the end with 4 blockers.

They might get ear holed.

HIGH FLYER
Waterboy

Post by HIGH FLYER »

shut up
Tremonti1 wrote:Keep your heads up Falcons. Spread your wings and fly.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Oh yeah Portsmouth, there is a valid opponent on West's schedule. How are they doing overall this year with their DI prospects???

If thats how you feel, why did Minford want Portsmouth off there schedule so bad? If we played the schedule you all played we would not be 1 and 6.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:
Oh yeah Portsmouth, there is a valid opponent on West's schedule. How are they doing overall this year with their DI prospects???

If thats how you feel, why did Minford want Portsmouth off there schedule so bad? If we played the schedule you all played we would not be 1 and 6.

i agree ports would probably be 3-4 and finish 5-5

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:

The years that Minford played P-town, P-town had good teams.

And if Minford had the # kids that P-town had, they wouldnt be playing the Minford schedule. They would be playing P-towns.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Bleeding Red, I think your Location says it all: "Head in the gutter"

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

I really dont even know why Minford bothers playing the 3 W's they never have a chance in these games and have never played a team with their size and speed...West big 38-6 SIDERS are just too Big and Fast for the Falcons to handle for 4 corners.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

siderman wrote:The double wing is a nice offense, but for it to work 2 things have to happen. You must be able to run the ball up the middle first, then your pulling guards must be able to knock out the end on the counters or jet sweeps as their sometimes called. You will find this very hard with our linebackers and D ends. They are very good. As we said before South Point, whom scored 3 TD's on Burg and ran the same offense Minford does with speed on the wing and Seagraves, whom is better and more powerful than any back you have, scored 7 points against us. We'll be fine.

You just keep watching that sp tape and telling yourself everything will be ok. :lol: I have seen sp play and can gurantee you Minfords backs are way ahead of sp's. Minford wins their last regular season home game, maybe gets to play one more at home. Go Red! Last time someone told Minford they weren't tough enough they beat em 13-0, I could see a similar result friday night.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

after watching both teams play minford once and west several on nextvsports---minford will win the game friday with a low score. 17-14

west o-line and d-line is not very good with the exception of #79. minford way too fast for west.

west will still have one of the best if not the best player in the soc#11.
shut #11 down At QB, TE, WR the rest of the backs are average.

minford should not let #15 come off of the feild for any reason on both sides of the ball. he is by far their best weapon but doesnt stay on the field offensively. He needs to play FB and let #41 block for him.

Return to “Football”