WK 8 South Point @ Fairland

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: WK 8 South Point @ Fairland

Post by fuzzhead »

earp wrote:No pun intended Fuzz but if you wear green wouldn't that make you "THE GREEN HORNET"! :mrgreen:

That's already the nickname of my truck to some folks... but I can play the role until Week 10 of course :122249

buckeye221 wrote:just because a couple SP fans get on here and whine (yes you are whining) doesn't mean all of us are still soaking over that game....trust me everyone has moved on they are ready for the dragons.

I believe you, Buckeye. And if the South Point players have the same attitude as you do, they'll have their best shot at winning tomorrow.

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

[quote="buckeye221"]just because a couple SP fans get on here and whine (yes you are whining) doesn't mean all of us are still soaking over that game....trust me everyone has moved on they are ready for the dragons. quote]

I agree....yes i know i am still talking about the game and all but I do accept the fact we lost in a great game i am just saying that a few of those calls made a difference in the game...but your right...we should forget about the game and look ahead to tomorrow...

GO POINTERS!!!

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

buckeye221 wrote:just because a couple SP fans get on here and whine (yes you are whining) doesn't mean all of us are still soaking over that game....trust me everyone has moved on they are ready for the dragons.

I agree....yes i know i am still talking about the game and all but I do accept the fact we lost in a great game i am just saying that a few of those calls made a difference in the game...but your right...we should forget about the game and look ahead to tomorrow...

GO POINTERS!!!

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

its okay ovc 11. i am sure you are a great SP fan!

losing a big ovc game by 1 point is very tough to live with afterwards...and its soo easy to think of all the "what-ifs" and its frustrating for sure! it was a great game and i am sure fans of both sides would love to see them play a second time. I am sure it would be just as exciting as the game was last week hehe. Games like last week make football fun and exciting to watch...and I think a little SP/CG rivalry has surely started.

well enough about that....I really think the SP/Fairland game will be close. I really hope the pointers let this lose positively motivate them and use it do a little dragon slaying. SP has got to get it together and stop the running game. And I think above all, pleaseeeeee limit the fumbles and penalties :-D

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

If anyone is interested in the SP stats for the season you can go to www.pointersports.com and click on stats...im not positave that they are 100% accurate but they seem pretty close

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

SPOINT needs to take it like they did vs Wheelersburg. They got down early but used the pass to get back in it. They need to thrive on every 4 yard run, every 2 yard loss on defense. They need some consistency on both sides of the ball. It seems like they cant play if there isnt a gain or a loss. They need to believe in themselves and just GET AFTER IT!

GO POINTERS!

Just look at Fairland and think, "ITS BURG" But win!!!

highlightreel25
Freshman Team

Post by highlightreel25 »

Hey all you pointer fans listen up,

I have a few things to tell you about the DRAGONS...First of all, the people saying that they are soft and cant hit need to shut their mouth bacause its absolutely ridiculous. The only hitting I saw south point doing last year against us was the late hitting when you broke bloomfields ribs. Fairland is a bunch of softies and wimps huh? Thackston, Hatfield< Cornwell, Bloomfield, Salyers, Stewy, Ward, Fisher, Campbell, and the rest of the offense will dominate the puppy defense all night long and I cannot wait to see it. Fairland has the best offense in the OVC and I will say that to anybody who asks. Cornwell will run over anybody in his way and yes that means seagraves. Bloomfield will outrun everybody and Ward will as well. You little puppies can keep barking but friday night the dragons will shut you up.

Dragons 41- Puppies-24
and yeas my earlier prediction was dragons 41-38 but im not giving south point that much credit.

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

highlightreel25 wrote:Hey all you pointer fans listen up,

I have a few things to tell you about the DRAGONS...First of all, the people saying that they are soft and cant hit need to shut their mouth bacause its absolutely ridiculous. The only hitting I saw south point doing last year against us was the late hitting when you broke bloomfields ribs. Fairland is a bunch of softies and wimps huh? Thackston, Hatfield< Cornwell, Bloomfield, Salyers, Stewy, Ward, Fisher, Campbell, and the rest of the offense will dominate the puppy defense all night long and I cannot wait to see it. Fairland has the best offense in the OVC and I will say that to anybody who asks. Cornwell will run over anybody in his way and yes that means seagraves. Bloomfield will outrun everybody and Ward will as well. You little puppies can keep barking but friday night the dragons will shut you up.

Dragons 41- Puppies-24
and yeas my earlier prediction was dragons 41-38 but im not giving south point that much credit.

Ok first off you might have the best passing offense in the OVC considering ur one of the only teams that does....but no doubt and everyone knows that SP has the best running game by far....Seagraves, Dillon, Plants, and every now and then Woodson...with those 4 running the ball they are great...If the pointers play the way they did their first 3 games and limit the turnovers it will not be close...

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

[quote="O.V.C '11]
Ok first off you might have the best passing offense in the OVC considering ur one of the only teams that does....but no doubt and everyone knows that SP has the best running game by far....Seagraves, Dillon, Plants, and every now and then Woodson...with those 4 running the ball they are great...If the pointers play the way they did their first 3 games and limit the turnovers it will not be close...[/quote]

OK, everytime you say that, I'm just going to take you back to last Friday. Just because you say their last names doesn't make them the best in the OVC, and certainly not "by far". Coal Grove's rushing attack is just as good, as we've already seen (either CG's rushing offense is really good or South Point's rush defense is AWFUL. Personally, I think its a combination of both).
Got news for you: If your run defense plays like it did last Friday, the Pointers could easily give up 400 yards of offense against Fairland - EASILY, I said. Oh, and they let the Grove throw for 50 yards, too.

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

hey earp, I must say you r correct that Fairland is 2-0 in conference BUT they beat an 0-7 team and a 2-5 team. come on give me a break. when rock hill and river valley meet, that will be a game. lets see if Fairland can finish a game with a worthy opponent. haven't seen it yet!

duke
Riding the Bench

Post by duke »

Obviously, both teams have strengths and both teams have weaknesses. It seems that they are off-setting,as the weakness of one team is the strength of the other. I think it will be a great game. Don't believe it will be a blowout either way. Too much talent on both sides of the ball for that. Good luck and praying for NO INJURIES!! Can't have excuses for a loss if everyone stays in the game.

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

fuzzhead wrote:[

My fault...I didnt mean to put by far...but i know that just saying their names dont mean anything but they prove it on the field showing their ability and talent...yes CG has a good run game but everyone we have played other than CG says that SP has the best run game in the OVC

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

A lot of the teams you've played haven't played CG this year - how would they know?
Take it from someone who's seen everyone in the OVC play this year, except River Valley: Nothing or no one is "by far" the best at anything in the OVC this year... except in the passing game and then that would go to Fairland at this point.
The conference is completely up in the air and it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see a 3-way tie at the end of it all.

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

After 1 its SP-7...Fairland-6

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

Halftime score is SP-19...Fairland-13

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

End of 3rd...SP-25...Fairland-20

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

Final score...SP-39...Fairland-34

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Way to go Pointers!

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Well, the Pointers weren't afraid of your offense after all.............. :12224

Tcat wahoo
Waterboy

Post by Tcat wahoo »

This is a disappointing loss for Fairland. Coach Wilcoxon would of never lost this one.

Return to “Football”