WK 8 South Point @ Fairland

duke
Riding the Bench

Re: WK 8 South Point @ Fairland

Post by duke »

bucking red wrote:The ball came to a complete stop it had stopped moving. I just watched the tape. If that was the only bad call I don't think Sp wins but it was not. This game is over and I congratulate the pointers on this hard fought victory. I think the dragons end up tri -champs of the OVC.

Just out of curiosity, how many Fairland players touched the ball to down it? Also, could you hear the whistle being blown on film?

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

Most coaches teach their kids to pick up the ball, because just being touched doesn't down the ball. Their is no excuse for unsortsmanlike penalties that falls back on having class and coaching control.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Rat the 2 kids who got unsportsmanlike penalties our very and I mean very good kids those calls were plain bull. I have never seen either of those kids do anything but be respectful and good sportsman. I cannot believe that Salyers said a cuss word and Bloomfield was being blocked 30 yards down field. I saw their coach trying to get his kid attention to quit but he didn't. That call was a chicken crap call by those pathetic refs.

duke
Riding the Bench

Post by duke »

rat wrote:Most coaches teach kids to pick up the ball, because just being touched doesn't down the ball. Their is no excuse for unsortsmanlike penalties that falls back on having class and coaching control.

The "unsortsmanlike" penalty was on a boy who was telling the official that he touched the ball. He wasn't being unsportsmanlike, just insistent in conveying his message through repetition. This is a penalty one wouldn't normally associate with this great guy. Most people protest unfair actions.
There were 5 men in black and white on the field last night. Four were arguing against the ball being advanced because the whistle was blown, according to those on the field, but the one in charge overruled the others, as was his perogative. Alot of people feel he was in the wrong.

Tcat wahoo
Waterboy

Post by Tcat wahoo »

Bring back Brent!!

Pioneer_PA
Freshman Team

Post by Pioneer_PA »

After re-reading the Fairland coach's quote in the paper...he wasn't arguing if it was legal, he was arguing a whistle had blown.

I can't answer that question because I do not know. I don't remember hearing one, but I won't say it didn't blow. If the whistle did blow, it shouldn't have, and that would have been an inadvertant whistle favoring Fairland.

The ball may have been at a complete stop, but the kid wasn't touching it then. It's still live. He has to firmly stop the ball. He obviously didn't.

Lesson for anyone playing...when downing a ball, hold on to it until the whistle blows...then pick it up and give it to the official. That would have fixed the entire problem.

gtay75
Waterboy

Post by gtay75 »

bucking red wrote:Rat the 2 kids who got unsportsmanlike penalties our very and I mean very good kids those calls were plain bull. I have never seen either of those kids do anything but be respectful and good sportsman. I cannot believe that Salyers said a cuss word and Bloomfield was being blocked 30 yards down field. I saw their coach trying to get his kid attention to quit but he didn't. That call was a chicken crap call by those pathetic refs.

gtay75
Waterboy

Post by gtay75 »

On the play Bloomfield got a penalty: it was a 16 yd run and he was blocked at the 10 yd line. He was driven out of bounds by a player holding his block until the play was blown dead. Bloomfield threw a punch at the end of the play so the ref called an offsetting penalty. The other penalty I think the player touched the ref. I don't think he meant to but it was called.
As for the punt return: the ball was still moving and there was no whistle blown. This play happened right in front of me and if it happened the other way I would say so.
Both teams played their hearts out and the players for both teams should get props.
Great job Pointers and go Dragons beat CG and split the OVC.

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

I get on here every week and listen to everyone complain that the refs. cost them the game!!!!!! that's a bunch of bull, the bottom line is the kids have to play the game no matter what is called on the feild. they play for 48 minutes a game and THEY have to get the job done. In this case it seems that South Point did what they needed to do to win. I haven't heard one Fairland person complain about the miss tackles all night long and their coach not using his timeout when he should've. he let alot of time run off the clock before he started using them at the end of the game. So no matter what happened, South Point seemed to get one more good play than Fairland! bottom line!!!!!!

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Did ya hear that dukie.......hmmmm..... :12224

duke
Riding the Bench

Post by duke »

abuck76,
You won't find one of my posts slamming the South Point team or complaining about the refs. If you are implying that I was, you're incorrect. I DID say that a lot of people disagreed with the one call on the field which was evident by the reaction of the majority of people in the Fairland stands. Did I say that I disagreed? Nope, you won't find that. As stated previously, it was a great game that could've gone either way. You seem bent on trying to take a victory well-earned by your team that should be something positive and turn it into something ugly.

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

ya know, everyone can keep complaining about the refs all they want but as sure as the sun will come shining in the morning...South Point will still have the win. So save us all some time and move on to week 9. South Point got the job done and therefore deserves the win. Almost every penalty ever called in the game of football, one side of the field will think its 100% the right choice and the other side of the field completely disagrees. MANY factors contribute to a win or a loss...its never just a bad call.

South Point had a tough loss to Coal Grove the week before and they too were complaining about some calls, but they still can't change the outcome and therefore they moved on...so lets all move on lol. Both teams did a great job and should feel proud.

earp
S

Post by earp »

I agree!Cant change the past,Let move on! ;-)

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

highlightreel25 wrote:Hey all you pointer fans listen up,

You little puppies can keep barking but friday night the dragons will shut you up.

Dragons 41- Puppies-24
and yeas my earlier prediction was dragons 41-38 but im not giving south point that much credit.

uhh well looks like the puppies were a little better then you thought

earp
S

Post by earp »

I think both of these teams are pretty good actually.They have both just played murderous schedules! ;-)

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Earp I was trying to get a pepsi and they said Deputy Dave came for me but I was already drinking a coke. :122249 Buckeye your right both teams did a great job but the officials didn't and that is a shame. Gtay75 that is a lie boomer never threw a punch and you must of been watching something else like the refs were all night long. :122246

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

Hey Bucking, you need to become a ref and call all the FHS games. Since Snyder hires the refs and your step son plays, FHS could get some calls to go their (your) way. Every week FHS loses and it's because the ref's screwed Fairland and the injuries compounded the loss. The people in P'ville need to check the water supply up there. With all these injuries it sounds as though some one is putting something in the water or food supply. Maybe it's the school lunch program. Not enough iron or protein being injested. Maybe your just a whiner/crybaby. You are really giving FHS a bad reputation. It's good to see people like earp (along with others) congradulate SP and move on. And NO I'm not from SP. FHS should have posted the head coaching position outside the district. Hire real coaches rather than using the good ole boy mentality that they are so use to. You BOE is killing you guys up there..........

P.S. Good luck next week Dragons. I hope no one is injured. (don't drink the water)

balla4life
Riding the Bench

Post by balla4life »

First of all i dont think anyone blamed the loss on injuries. yes that has been a problem but wasnt really against sp. Now i dont want to take anything away from south point because they played a good game. they didnt have any turnovers and they didnt make mental mistakes. its not not to win a high school football game when you do that. With that said, a few calls going fairlands way and they win. the punt, the questionable call about running into the kicker, and the fumble on the 15 yd line(and it was a fumble). Any one of those calls and fairland wins. South point played a great game i just think fairland was better.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Ump you are a moron I congratulated Sp on their hard fought victory. Were you at the game or any of the games this year? I do agree with one thing you said the BOE is killing us up here not all of them but at least 3 of them and I think everybody knows that. If Wilcoxen stayed we would be looking at the playoffs right now. This is not a slam on the current coaches. I think they have done a good job. Things just would have been different with his offense and Michael.

catch22
Riding the Bench

Post by catch22 »

hey bucking red, who is this UMP?? sounds like someone who has nothing to do with the program at all but has to put his two cents in! gotta love people like that.

Return to “Football”