WK 8 South Point @ Fairland

bucksfan76
JV Team

Re: WK 8 South Point @ Fairland

Post by bucksfan76 »

balla4life wrote:First of all i dont think anyone blamed the loss on injuries. yes that has been a problem but wasnt really against sp. Now i dont want to take anything away from south point because they played a good game. they didnt have any turnovers and they didnt make mental mistakes. its not not to win a high school football game when you do that. With that said, a few calls going fairlands way and they win. the punt, the questionable call about running into the kicker, and the fumble on the 15 yd line(and it was a fumble). Any one of those calls and fairland wins. South point played a great game i just think fairland was better.

ok the punt that woodson picked and ran back the ball was still moving (and it clearly shows on film) which means the ball is not downed. balla4life how do you know that south point would not have taken it down and scored if they did called the ball dead on about the 30 yard line. Please let me know.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Don't know and don't care but he is always up my butt. :shock: Must of been somebody I pissed off. They know who I am but they hide behind a screen name. I really don't care if they have a problem with me. I just wish they get their facts right and not try to twist my words. And for your info Ump for everybody that doesn't like what I have to say there our 20 people that do.

balla4life
Riding the Bench

Post by balla4life »

your right i cant say that they wouldnt have scored but it would have been a lot worse field position than the 7 yard line. and if you saw the film than you saw the ref put the whistle in his mouth and wave his arms. regardless of whether the ball was moving or not an inatverted whistle means the play stops.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

balla4life wrote:your right i cant say that they wouldnt have scored but it would have been a lot worse field position than the 7 .

it would have been worse field position if the fairland player did not touch the ref when pleading his case

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Yeah the 11 yd line and balla your right the back judge did wave his arms.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

well the right call was made and thats end of the story there so
good luck to fairland the rest of the season beat the hornets

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

In your opinion but not in ours.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

bucking red wrote:In your opinion but not in ours.

and the rules back up my opinion to

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Watch the tape like I just did and you'll see the ref waving his hands , but I guess that doesn't mean anything. :roll:

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

bucking red wrote:Watch the tape like I just did and you'll see the ref waving his hands , but I guess that doesn't mean anything. :roll:

ok i will give you that the ref was waving his hands which he should not have done if he knew the rules which i dont think he did cause the ref in the white hat is the one who let the play stand.

so i am done with it
good luck to your dragons bucking red

earp
S

Post by earp »

Eventually high school is going to have to go to instant replay too I guess! :cry:

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Post by dragoncoach56 »

You know I wasn't going to say another word on this thread but abuck is right. Red you know me and so does catch22 and I'll tell you those calls didn't cost us the game. Inability to stop an inside trap and poor execution of fundamentals cost us that game. Now you 2 know that I love Fairland football and this group of boys mean a lot to me. For that reason I won't elaborate other than to say POOR EXECUTION and good play by South Point cost us that game.And as for injuries I know better than anyone about the injuries to this team but this group of coaches needs to do the same thing we needed to do,develop a deeper bench ,easier said than done but not impossible. We and I think everyone else that coach in this community is so darn afraid of being second guessed that the tough calls aren't being made. Maybe I'm wrong about that but it is my opinion. There are several potential playmakers on this team and all could benefit from a little more diversity. Hell the kids themselves are so afraid to make a mistake because they don't want to feel responsible for their coaches getting bashed.Now I hope that I don't get pi$$ed off and respond anymore to this crap because it is not doing our boys or community a darn bit of good. And listen up all, this is just my opinion and I'm not defending those calls by the officials. But once again they did not lose us that game,no more than any one mistake by one kid cost us that game.There are a lot of gutsy kids on that team and the one thing I think all of them will tell you is when they mess up I won't sugarcoat it but this is not the forum to do this and frankly it's not my job.the board made that clear.Anyway this rant went long enough but to everyone out there this is one Fairland fan that doesn't blame the refs for this loss and congrats to Coach Shilot.
Clayton Dement

earp
S

Post by earp »

Hey I like the new profile pic there Clayton! ;-)

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Post by dragoncoach56 »

Thanks Earp and I must say that pic of you is a great one did Howie take that :lol: :lol: :lol:

earp
S

Post by earp »

Alot of my friends call me Dr.Evil! What is scarier than McCain is Palin,WOW! :shock: And I agree with you we need to have more depth on our team!But you know just about every team in our conference has the same problem,I mean some of them have more numbers out than we do but it seems like just about every team in our area has about 14-15 kids that are solid players on either side of the ball.

thesmokinglens
Freshman Team

Post by thesmokinglens »

http://www.tristatesportspage.com/photos_football.html

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Post by dragoncoach56 »

I know Earp but remember who you're talking to. That group of boys are more than13-14 deep if developed I know that.And as much as people griped about Chad Belleville in b-ball he rotated those players and did pretty well. Now before anyone says there are only 5 have to go out there vs 11 in football as you said everyones roster takes a drop off to an extent after a certain number but I can tell you there are players on that team that can contribute enough to give players a blow and still be in the game. It is a coaches job to figure out when and for how long to do this for. But there is so much unnecessary pressure up here everyone is afraid to take a chance and try something different. All I want is to have a quality program in football here and I'll tell you I want more than just to compete in the ovc but it's going to take a lot from coaches,players,fans, and administration to get there. And in the words of the great Gump,"thats all I got to say about that."
Clayton Dement
Last edited by dragoncoach56 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Clayton I never said the refs cost us the game. I said they sucked and they did. I agree with you if we tackle better we would have won but I also think that the refs didn't help us. In a game with 2 evenly matched teams a few bad calls against one team makes it hard to win and we had a bunch all against us and that is a fact. But if we make some tackles the game could've been different. Clayton I love your avator and I also respect you and your opinion.

balla4life
Riding the Bench

Post by balla4life »

and just for the record the player who got the personal foul didnt touch the ref

catch22
Riding the Bench

Post by catch22 »

hey Clayton, I to believe that if we wrapped up and tackled a little better the outcome may have been different. you and me both know how these boys feel about trying to win the game and giving their all. they want so much to win for their coaches, the community and themselves that it kills them when they get behind. I do blame the board for their feeling on the feild. they should've never put them boys in that position. this is great bunch of boys and all they need to do is enjoy each and every game they have left. it will be over before they know it. I also agree with what you are saying about them having kids that can give a breather to others not keeping the same 11 on the feild every single play on both sides of the ball. if someone know why they do this, let me know! I may be missing something!

Return to “Football”