WK 8 Rock Hill @ Coal Grove (Rival Game)

Sportsfan34
Waterboy

Re: WK 8 Rock Hill @ Coal Grove (Rival Game)

Post by Sportsfan34 »

Bubba Woods did an awesome job as fullback last friday night. I'm looking forward to seeing him run the ball more this week since he proved that he can be the new workhorse for the CG backfield. Good Luck to both teams, but I have to go with the grove on this one. CG by 4 TD's!

LET'S GO BIG GROVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Im going with the Grove in this one. This game shouldnt even be close, but when these two teams get together anything can and will happen.

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

If Rock Hill can slow the grove ground game down a little they will be able to put up the points thru the air to get it done. Coal Grove makes alot of dumb mistakes and shoots their self in the foot.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

sorry pie rat but an opinion forum is usually open to all members otherwise we could toss 2old off the tigers thread!! i call em as i see em rock hill is bad bad.... and i dont draw one of those checks as if it is any of your business? who are you to say who can comment on whose forum or did i say something that is just to hard to handle? btw i actually live in the grove but i lay it on them as well from time to time

cghornet10
JV Team

Post by cghornet10 »

Huge rivalry and all, but the Grove is too much for the Hill this time around

CG-35
RH- 6

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

After consulting with the experts, Rastafarian Hornet and I AM FORREST, I am going to have to go with the BEES this year although anything can happen when these 2 rivals get together....... ;-)

cghornet10
JV Team

Post by cghornet10 »

Hey Charley, how is Rasti' Hornet doing by the way?

ironhead
Waterboy

Post by ironhead »

I'm going to have to go with CG. :aaaaa26

rh40
Riding the Bench

Post by rh40 »

GOOD LUCK HILL!! I see you guys improving every week just build on what you have learned so far. You will get there if not this year next year. One Thing is for sure you guys has showed alot of class to be such a young team. Just for that reason alone you guys are already winners. First class bunch of boys. I have no kid playing for Rock Hill Football but I must say all the parents has to be proud of the way the boys have showed so much class. It would be easy for such young players to get caught up and lose thier heads but these boys have not done this and for that they will be a very good team in the years to come

knippswife
Waterboy

Post by knippswife »

tl895,

As I read your post regarding the "worst team on the river,"I initially had a few thoughts:
First, I thought this individual must be a high school student because "grown ups" don't disrespect high school athletes this way. Then it occured to me that maybe you are not in high school, but I am certain you have played high school football and maybe even college with the great insight that you often provide.
Second, I thought this individual probably doesn't have children because no parent would be so disrespectful to young boys who play a HIGH SCHOOL sport.
Finally, I thought you have not seen Rock Hill play one game this year. Unfortunantly, you see a record, which is indicative of nothing these boys have accomplished. What I have seen, as I am at every game of course, is growth and the ability to overcome adversity. These young men dedicate much time and effort, as does any athlete, to this sport and should be recognized for that. As they leave the lockeroom on friday nights, you can see how difficult a loss is for each of them, but they show up and continue to work harder week after week. Your comment is disrespectful to these young men, parents of these young men, fans of RH, coaches, and coaches families. :122249
You can certainly post what you like, as it is an opinion forum, :122245 - this is simply mine.

revjimjones
Riding the Bench

Post by revjimjones »

A tough year for Rock Hill...

We, here at the Peoples' Temple, believe that Rock Hill will pick up a win in Week 10.

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

knippswife wrote:tl895,

As I read your post regarding the "worst team on the river,"I initially had a few thoughts:
First, I thought this individual must be a high school student because "grown ups" don't disrespect high school athletes this way. Then it occured to me that maybe you are not in high school, but I am certain you have played high school football and maybe even college with the great insight that you often provide.
Second, I thought this individual probably doesn't have children because no parent would be so disrespectful to young boys who play a HIGH SCHOOL sport.
Finally, I thought you have not seen Rock Hill play one game this year. Unfortunantly, you see a record, which is indicative of nothing these boys have accomplished. What I have seen, as I am at every game of course, is growth and the ability to overcome adversity. These young men dedicate much time and effort, as does any athlete, to this sport and should be recognized for that. As they leave the lockeroom on friday nights, you can see how difficult a loss is for each of them, but they show up and continue to work harder week after week. Your comment is disrespectful to these young men, parents of these young men, fans of RH, coaches, and coaches families. :122249
You can certainly post what you like, as it is an opinion forum, :122245 - this is simply mine.

This is true and those buys practice and play hard . You don't hear them bitch and complain about things either . Keep in mind that this is a very very young team and they are only going to get better . Todd does an awesome job with them and they respect him a great deal !
Off topic , Brady has come a long way this year :122249

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

Well said...
knippswife wrote:tl895,

StonewallJackson89
Riding the Bench

Post by StonewallJackson89 »

I like Coal Grove in this one. 35-14....This game will be like watching paint dry over and over again.

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

knippswife you are right on point. Rev was a player who thought he was great, thinks he is a coaching genius, and picks at kids because of his short comings. He is a legend just ask him. He is overall a disgruntled ex-coach (fired) so take what he says for what it's worth, nothing but wind. Good luck RH on the rest of the season, hang in there because wins and losses says nothing about the type of young men that are giving their all every week.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

rat,

I think she was referring to an Ironton fan, tl895, who posted earlier on this thread.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

As a very proud ROCK HILL POSTER,I CAN ALSO VOICE MY SUPPORT FOR THE YOUNG MEN,ALONG WITH THE COACHES WHO GIVE IT THEIR ALL EACH AND EVERY DAY....IT IS NOT JUST ON FRIDAY'S WHICH MOST PEOPLE ONLY CARE ABOUT!THE SAME PEOPLE THAT ARE ON HERE BASHING COACH WILL BE THE SAME PEOPLE TRYING TO GET CLOSE AND PERSONAL WITH HIM OVER THE NEXT FEW YEARS.DON'T THINK FOR A SPLIT SECOND THAT HE,OR ANYONE ELSE ON HIS STAFF FOR THAT MATTER HAS PUT IN LESS TIME.IF ANYTHING THESE MEN HAVE BEEN PUTTING IN MORE TIME THAN THEY EVER HAVE TRYING TO MAKE IT SUCCESSFUL FOR THE KIDS,LET ALONE TAKING TIME AWAY FROM EACH AND EVERY FAMILY THAT IS INVOLVED.I HOPE YOU ENJOY GETTING YOUR JOLLIES AT THE COST OF BLOOD,SWEAT,AND TEARS OF YOUNG MEN.CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IF YOU'LL HAVE THE B@LLS TO PUT IT OUT HERE ABOUT THE BEST TEAM ON THE RIVER,WITH THE SAME STAFF IN PLACE.KEEP GOING COACH THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN BEHIND YOU,AND THE BOYS WILL BE THE ONES WHO ARE AROUND WHEN IT IS CELEBRATION TIME! :12224

revjimjones
Riding the Bench

Post by revjimjones »

Mr Ratfilth,

Again, you are wrong.

Have I ever picked at kids? NO. Just stating my opinion. I think you get upset when people say the truth.

It has been a tough year at Rock Hill, and I believe they'll win in Week 10.

Would you want me to say that "This has been a great year at Rock Hill!"?

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

thanks rev for takin some of the heat :lol: ouch things have gotten so bad in pedro coaches wives are now posting!! that should tell you how loud the screaming is north of 52. all joking aside i actually think he is one of the better young coaches around. he just has no bullets for the gun this year. it's all about talent and they have little this year

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

Rev and TL if you guys like picking at coaches and kids my advice would be get a life. If you have a problem with me PM me and I will tell you my name I don't feel a need to hide and ridicule children.

Return to “Football”