WK 8 Rock Hill @ Coal Grove (Rival Game)

on a mission
All Conference

Re: WK 8 Rock Hill @ Coal Grove (Rival Game)

Post by on a mission »

tl895,There is an abundance of talent ay the HILL,it just so happens that most of them would be playing junior high ball at other schools!It is a tough task to match 14,15,and 16 year old boys into 17,18,and19 year old men!

The only people who are making noise about these boys losing is people that really don't know much about ball.When you look at the roster,and see 4-5 seniors I think most with little knowledge would know that it could be a tough season.

As for the coaches family,no one wants to see someone who can hide behind the screen come on here and blast a family member.I personally feel it is natural to stand behind the people you love,and care for.Taking a look at the big picture of things i'm sure coach will have the last laugh!

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

tl895 wrote:thanks rev for takin some of the heat :lol: ouch things have gotten so bad in pedro coaches wives are now posting!! that should tell you how loud the screaming is north of 52. all joking aside i actually think he is one of the better young coaches around. he just has no bullets for the gun this year. it's all about talent and they have little this year

He may not have many 'Bullets for his Gun" but he does have "Brains in his Head" and "Compassion in his Heart" for the kids he coaches... try to step back for just a moment and look at high school football as something more than The Glory Days to be discussed some day when you are old and out of shape... it has the potential to be so much more than that! I actually like your analogy of referring to the kids as bullets (it is very close to one in the Bible that refers to a man's children and says "as arrows are in the hands of a mighty man, so are a man's children to him.") I don't know if you intended that but... They are... However, the thing is... you have to make sure you are aiming them at the right target! The bullseye of life does not neccessarily contain a "W"... I believe it is probably a big "C"... character... High school football is an opportunity to learn lessons in multiple environments, and yes sometimes even in losing environments. Sometimes the greatest character is built during those difficult times... If you are only concerned about the number of "bullets in your gun" you will go through life having little impact on the development of others including those you say you love most... Life is so much bigger than Friday night under the lights! I am as competitive as they come, but I pray every day that I never start letting the "tail wag the dog"... I respect the fact that you and everyone else has a right to their opinion, but I'm only suggesting that if you look at the bigger picture in how all of this has the potential to affect the lives of all of these young players as they learn to deal with adversity, your opinion might change or at least the way you express it. I sincerely do wish you the best tl895...

SportsMom
Freshman Team

Post by SportsMom »

COAL GROVE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I think that the REV is a first-rate idiot. He doesn't know the first thing about football. He was a lousy player, too. He refused to drink the Gatorade because he swore by Grape Flavor-Aid.

He's the kind of guy who would use his family connections to get a coaching job. Don't you just hate guys like that?
Last edited by madpolecat on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rh40
Riding the Bench

Post by rh40 »

I know Todd and most of the other coaches that coach Rock Hill football. I will have to say all the coaches win or lose are nothing but first class men and as i said before the boys on the team i see getting better and better every week. keep your head up high guys. You boys have already won a much bigger game than football will ever be Life and how to handle the ups and downs that comes with it. GOOD LUCK HILL play your heart out like you do ever week.

thecoach
Varsity

Post by thecoach »

normally i would say CG in a blowout but since it's a rival game i'll say CG 35 RH 21

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

rh40 wrote:I know Todd and most of the other coaches that coach Rock Hill football. I will have to say all the coaches win or lose are nothing but first class men and as i said before the boys on the team i see getting better and better every week. keep your head up high guys. You boys have already won a much bigger game than football will ever be Life and how to handle the ups and downs that comes with it. GOOD LUCK HILL play your heart out like you do ever week.

I know Todd too maybe not as well as some but what I do know of him I can honestly say this years bad luck at Rock Hill isn't because this team isn't prepared, I think what has me scratching my head is the Hill looked pretty good at the previews, what happened, was it the schedule, if so that may work to the advantage of this young team and hopefully next year we can get the Grove and the Hill in week ten and it be for the conference, the Hill is taking there lumps this year and that will only make them stronger.

ray
Waterboy

Post by ray »

iam goin to take the hornets big in this one vally killed rock hill an the hornets killed valley so iam goin with the hornets by 4 tds the red men will not stop delawder an woods on the offence side an they will not catch haynes an on deffense boyd and dickess will dominate the d-line an they will have presure on the rock hills qb all night looks like the red men will be in for a long night :lol:

tigers2013
Waterboy

Post by tigers2013 »

yo...

CG-16

RH-10

in overtime

rh40
Riding the Bench

Post by rh40 »

give these boys a break they are young. I have never met a coach or player that has every walk out on the field wanting to lose. these boys give it their all I see it every friday night. So say what you want but unless you have seen them all year and seen the way they have improved you are clueless when you take about these boys. they play with so much heart and the good thing about playing w/ heart is it only gets bigger GO HILL GO you guys are # 1 already no matter what

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

?HOW MUCH KNOWLEDGE DO YOU HAVE?:::RAY::
DEFENCE....OR...DEFENSE
VALLY........OR VALLEY
OFFENCE....OR OFFENSE
PRESURE....OR PRESSURE
..............LAST,BUT NOT LEAST IS IT RED MEN, OR REDMEN?

YOU KNOW IT IS HARD TO TAKE ANYTHING YOU SAY INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN YOU WRITE LIKE MY SECOND GRADE STUDENT :oops: WHAT A DUMB@$$!

revjimjones
Riding the Bench

Post by revjimjones »

rat wrote:Rev and TL if you guys like picking at coaches and kids my advice would be get a life. If you have a problem with me PM me and I will tell you my name I don't feel a need to hide and ridicule children.

This comes from a special education teacher who said that a coach (who rat has a beef with) couldn't even coach special olympians - meaning that rat puts kids that are special olympians down beneath "regular" kids. If that is not ridiculing kids, I don't know what is.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

did any body say these werent good kids?? you people just take everything on here a little to serious. that is your own insecurities making you think everything is pointed directly at you. my post was that coal grove would beat the worst team on the river this year. if you want to get technical then i guess manchester is a better candidate for that title. are they bad kids? my kids have played on some gawd awful athletic teams growing up. they knew the teams were bad but yet went out and played with a big smile and had fun. get stomped from time to time? yea!but they knew the teams sucked and it didnt exactly scar them for life. most of the time the kids feel bad about having a bad year because of the pressure parents and boosters put on them! '' we kicked coal grove's a!! 3 years in a row, what's wrong with these guys?'' i am sure has come out of some bud drinking, marlboro smoking dad's mouth a time or two! happens everywhere the hill, ironton, portsmouth. the embarrassed factor of the parents trickles down to add more to the bad year the boys are having

Brick Tamlin
Waterboy

Post by Brick Tamlin »

Coal Grove by a touchdown.

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

I don't have a beef with him, we can talk face to face anytime. I just don't have much use for people that put down coaches and kids who put in the work day after day, just because they are sour because they didn't get a job.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Delawder runs for 200 against Rock Hill. Big, big mismatch this year, rivalry game or not. Emotions dont win football games, execution and skill does.

Coal Grove by as many as they can punch in.

Sportsfan34
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan34 »

LET'S GO BIG GROVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUSTANOTHERBUCKEYE
Waterboy

Post by JUSTANOTHERBUCKEYE »

Hey. Let's play nice! As they say at the beginning of the games- this is between youngsters. Don't slam any team or Coach. Can't we all just get along?!?

It isn't like it used to be when I was in school. Every Deputy in Lawrence County was at the game! You were told to put your uniform bag over the window of the bus as you were leaving Rock Hill's field. (I went to CG.)

We are rivals not enemies! My son plays for Coal Grove. He's friends with some of the players at Rock Hill. That shows maturity beyond that of some adults!

Being true to my school and my son; GO BIG GROVE!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

2trap_4ever wrote:
rh40 wrote:I know Todd and most of the other coaches that coach Rock Hill football. I will have to say all the coaches win or lose are nothing but first class men and as i said before the boys on the team i see getting better and better every week. keep your head up high guys. You boys have already won a much bigger game than football will ever be Life and how to handle the ups and downs that comes with it. GOOD LUCK HILL play your heart out like you do ever week.

I know Todd too maybe not as well as some but what I do know of him I can honestly say this years bad luck at Rock Hill isn't because this team isn't prepared, I think what has me scratching my head is the Hill looked pretty good at the previews, what happened, was it the schedule, if so that may work to the advantage of this young team and hopefully next year we can get the Grove and the Hill in week ten and it be for the conference, the Hill is taking there lumps this year and that will only make them stronger.

on a mission,

You are going to blast me on the Jr. High thread for having some fun with spelling, I am sorry that we are not all perfect like you think you are, I said this as well on this thread sticking up for the Hill and it's players, I don't like to see the OVC as a conference have a bad year like it's having, when it's in conference I stick with my Grove any day of the week, but when it's non-conference or playoffs I will cheer on my OVC if we have any teams playing. Don't blast at me just because your school is having a bad year, and for everyone on here switch to decaff or something, you to uptight and taking things to ceral(south park reference if anyone gets it)

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

This should be a good game here...dont think it will compete with the SP-CG game though. My openion on this is that CG will run into this game being a bit to cocky after the win and I say Rock Hill sneaks away with this one....If someone can try to get me an update on this after each scoring drive or qtr. please

Return to “Football”