WK 8 Ironton @ Portsmouth (Rival Game)

burggrad_2000
Riding the Bench

Re: WK 8 Ironton @ Portsmouth (Rival Game)

Post by burggrad_2000 »

Going to be a long game for Portsmouth!

Ironton is too tough for them....

Injury free game on BOTH sides!

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

ironton

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

ironton

good luck to the fellow tigers

Tiger-Brother
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger-Brother »

If this would be the last Ironton/Portsmouth game at Spartan Stadium....Wouldn't be nice if some how they could wear replica Tanks/Spartan jerseys!!!

thecoach
Varsity

Post by thecoach »

Ironton/Portsmouth is always a decent game no matter the records. i'll take Ironton 28-14.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tiger-Brother wrote:If this would be the last Ironton/Portsmouth game at Spartan Stadium....Wouldn't be nice if some how they could wear replica Tanks/Spartan jerseys!!!

that would have been great .

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

My experience last year at the Logan Portsmouth game just made me hate Portsmouth a little more and I didnt think that was possible. I hope we win by 70. I know coach Lutz and I know that will never happen.
This is a big rivarly game and normally you throwreords out the windows, but Ironton is just to strong for P-Town this year. Ironton I think can name the score in this one.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Sad to say this...but just looking on joe eitel....I don't see a competitive game for Ironton until at least the semi-finals of the state...anyone agree or disagree with this...I really don't see much of anything in our region...

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:Me too. I'll collect the week of the Burg /West game. I'm thinking of coming up for that game and the first round of playoffs. I'll let you know

Fido, let me know when you plan on being here, we will have a little gathering at BDubs.........

Sure hate to think this is the last game at Spartan for these 2 long time rivals.........I have witnessed many good games standing by the wall at the top of the stadium. Seems like yesterday I was watching a running back for the Trojans by the name of Gentry......now that is old........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Let's have a typical Ironton-Portsmouth game for what could be the last time at the Spartan.....and injury-free.....................

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Ironton BIG!!

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

if they are big fast and have a solid qb why do they suck????? some people really are politicians in disguise :122245 go tigers keep letting off steam from playing poorly early on freeman let it all go on the first hit friday :122246

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

tigercannon71 wrote:My experience last year at the Logan Portsmouth game just made me hate Portsmouth a little more and I didnt think that was possible. I hope we win by 70. I know coach Lutz and I know that will never happen.
This is a big rivarly game and normally you throwreords out the windows, but Ironton is just to strong for P-Town this year. Ironton I think can name the score in this one.

after seing this post, we feel the same about you :roll:

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

biggdowgg wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:My experience last year at the Logan Portsmouth game just made me hate Portsmouth a little more and I didnt think that was possible. I hope we win by 70. I know coach Lutz and I know that will never happen.

after seing this post, we feel the same about you :roll:

Thanks!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

no problem, believe me, no problem at all.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

QB maybe a good solid athlete, but if the hands on the other end of the throw are not catching the ball, it really doesn't help the QB's numbers.

This game should be an old-fashioned slobberknocker, as any rivalry game should be.

It's sad to think that this is the last game at Spartan Stadium, one of the foundation blocks of the NFL.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

hammerdown wrote:who won the game last year?

i think this will be Portsmouth's break out game. Portsmouth has a chance to regain the Glory of the past.

Portsmouth won last year, but "some' say you cant pin that on Lutz, it was another guys fault :lol:

even though the other guy beat us the year before :mrgreen:

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Are there any good places to eat before the game?

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

What is this place they call the ribber

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TO ALL IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS PLAYERS.

do not listen to how many points that are being given, how big you are supposed to win by. do not forget this is not only a new week. last week's over. but this is ironton /portsmouth week. the trojans would love nothing more than , to tip your cage over. you must execute just like you did against jackson. and play just like it's a playoff game. do not even think for a second about nelsonville york. that is next week. 1 week at a time. please. you seniors, stay grounded, and control the tempo of the practices. and the game. be leaders. you have much at stake. be humble remember the fundamentals , and execute every play like it is your first hit of the season. great game last friday. but that was last friday. don't overlook anybody, esp. portsmouth. YTB.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

NO , IT'S AN EXTREMELT GOOD STEAK HOUSE. :122245

Return to “Football”