Re: WEEK 9: WELLSTON AT MEIGS

Post by boilermaker »

Id say sparstain is on the soccer forum :lol:
This is going to be one heck of a game . Last with the ball wins. :idea:

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

I haven't done the math................ How probable is it for Meigs to make the playoffs if they win their last 2 games?

I know they are currently sitting 10th but Belpre is a smaller school and Wellston lost some close non-league games early on (that will cost them 2nd level points)....

I am assuming that Meigs needs to win out (obviously) and then they need a little help from the teams ahead of them.

Let me know if anyone has "crunched the numbers" on this one...................... Good Luck guys.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Feeling the love from the fasteach and boiler :-D
Last edited by Spartan on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Good Luck Golden Rockets!

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

Them Golden Rockets will need it

GO MEIGS

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

well meigs HAS to win out. wellston should bring points. meigs needs at least 2 teams to lose. gallipolis plays zanesville ans st.clairesville plays martins ferry(?) 7-1.if they should both lose, meigs could be 8th and that gets them in, i hope.
i guess a drowning man will clutch at straws. in or out this has been a good year. in the summer meigs was picked to finish 3rd or 4th in the tvc. that is a credit to the team and the coaching staff.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

Gameday! Go get'em Rockets!

Meigscountyfootballfan
Waterboy

Post by Meigscountyfootballfan »

About Wellston, this will be a very tough game for Meigs. Both have 3-1 records in the TVC and Wellston is much improved with a very strong running game. Wellston gave Jackson, Gallipolis, and Nelsonville all they wanted. Any Marauder fan dreaming about the remote chance of making the playoffs is way ahead of tonight's game and next week's game against Belpre. I do believe Meigs can win if they control their turnovers and firm up their run defense. I am not concerned about the Marauder's explosive offense.

About Meigs Marauder Football team in general, I also want to applaud Coach Mike Chancey and his staff for a fine coaching job. Too often some of parents and fans of the Meigs Marauders forget that Coach Chancey not only has a winning program (I believe it is in the mid 60%'s) but a respected program year after year.

The Meigs Marauder Football team is comprised of the coaches, the players, the parents, and the community.
The coaches must prepare and manage for the games. The players must train, practice and execute. The football parents must support their sons and provide good football genetics. The community must unconditionally support the program and players by attending, cheering, and funding necessities. All these components coming together make a strong and winning program year after year.

Blaming the coach for every loss and every play that does not work is both unfair and unrealistic. I make this point because anyone who has been to a Meigs game this year can easily hear these vocal and negative commentators that do not share my opinions. I believe that their negativity has and will continue to erode at the success of Meigs Football. Meigs fans should be positive and support the Marauders, and remember these are just kids and this is just a game. Let's get behind and stay behind the coaches and the players. Go Marauders!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Nice post Meigscountyfootballfan,
I hope the fans dont blame the coach tonight when my Rockets win . ;-)
Should be as good a game in the area to watch.
GO ROCKETS :!: :!: :!: :!:

TheViper
Waterboy

Post by TheViper »

Will you be attending this game?? I am looking for someone to give me text message updates throughout the night. I would really appreciate you getting back to me ASAP!

Can you help me out??

thanks,

Derek
740-359-3022

call or txt me ASAP!!

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

meigs wins! gallipolis loses! i think this puts us 1 step closer!
42-20 the lockhart kid played his guts out but not enough.jeremy was on, jacob was on, clay was on.
see you monday in wellston!

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Meigs 42
Wellston 20

Half 28-7

Meigs scored first as they go 62 yards in 2 plays. Jacob Well hit Jeremy Smith for 44 yards and then Clay Bolin for an 18 yard TD. Mason Metts' kick was good and it was and with 3:51 left in the first quarter it was 7-0.

Wellston went three and out and Jeremy Smith returned the punt 70 yards for the TD. Metts' was good and it was 14-0 with 2:55 left to go in the first quarter.

On Meigs' next possession they went 61 yards on a good mixture of runs and passes. Jeremy Smith took it in from four yards out for the TD. Mason Metts once again split the uprights and it was 21-0 Meigs.

Wellston then marched 65 yards for their first touchdown
behind the running and passing of quarterback Cody Wilkett.
Cody scored from four yards out and Matt Lockard's kick was good and it was 21-7 with 2:14 to go in the half.

Meigs scored again before the half as they went 65 yards highlighted by a great pass and catch of 30+ yards from Jacob Well to Clay Bolin to give Meigs a first and goal from the 6. Jeremy Smith scored from 2 yards out and Metts was good once again on the PAT kick. Meigs took a 28-7 lead to the locker room.

Meigs took the second half kickoff and scored again with Jeremy Smith scoring from 1 yard out to make the score 35-7 with 7:26 to go in the third quarter.

Wellston put together a 60 yard drive behind the running of Matt Lockard. Matt scored the Rockets second TD of the game form 28 yards out. The kick was good and it was 35-14 with 4:20 to go in the third.

Meigs came right back and drove 65 yards. Jeremy Smith went the final 23 with Metts adding the PAT. The score stood at 42-14 with 7:16 to go in the game.

Wellston scored the final TD of the game as Matt Lockard returned a Jacob Well punt 70 yards for the TD. The two point conversion try was no good.

That was the final score of the game and Meigs gets the win 42-20.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Big win for Coach Chauncey. Passing game prevails.

Fasteach is still a baby though - just teasing :122245

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Congrats to Meigs they played well tonight .
Wellston however picked a bad night to play the worst game of the year by far. No blocking ,no tackling ,no execution.You guys are better than this showing tonight,just a awful performance :oops:

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

There is no 'U' in Coach ChAncey's name. Seems the only people who know how to spell it and pronounce it correctly are from Meigs. Sorry, just had to point that out.

Even winning out I think Meigs will have a real tough time making the playoffs. Some major upsets would have to happen ahead of them.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

unofficially as of today meigs is 7th in their region. that puts us in. 2 teams behind them will probably lose next week.
i believe this means 1 more week of football at least.

meigs has got to beat belpre.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Wow 7th, I didn't realize they'd move up that far. Someone on the huddle had a projection of the region through the end of the season and it had them finishing 8-2 and in 11th or 12th in the region. But I really didn't look to see what it had all the other teams ahead of them doing.

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

Just a quick observation,one that frozenrope9 will laugh at,while watching this game last night I overheard from some Meigs fans sitting close by"Why don't we try to run it some?" Never did I think I would ever hear those words come out of a Meigs fans mouth.LOL

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

bluestraveler....you're right, I did laugh when I read that. I can already see it in next week's Sports Illustrated Sign of the Apocalypse: Meigs High School football fans oveheard in the stadium saying "Why don't we run the ball more?" LOL
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If the pass is working (and obviously it is with the numbers Well is putting up), why stray from it? Fans are fans, never happy or satisfied. Maybe the person you overheard making that comment was a parent or family member of one of the running backs.

By the way, did Well become Meigs' all-time single season leader in passing yards last night? I know it was mentioned on here during the week that he was only 50 yards away.

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

Wells had 110 yards last night,and became the schools all time passing leader.He is a jr so many more yards will be added.

Return to “Football”