Week 9: Logan (8-0, 4-0) AT Jackson (5-3, 2-3)

loganlocos
SEOP

Week 9: Logan (8-0, 4-0) AT Jackson (5-3, 2-3)

Post by loganlocos »

Undefeated Logan travels to Jackson Friday night looking to move to 9-0 and to potentially set up a winner take all SEOAL title game at Chillicothe week 10.

The Ironmen are looking to get back on track following back to back losses to Ironton and Chilliocothe and potentially get back into the Region 8 playoff picture.

It's great to have this game back on the schedule after a 2-year hiatus. Jackson and Logan are 1-2 in all time SEOAL Championships. Logan has 23 titles and Jackson has 20.

Jackson has always been a tough place for Logan to play.

Army
S

Re: Week 9: Logan (8-0, 4-0) AT Jackson (5-3, 2-3)

Post by Army »

Blow-out win by the Chieftians. :-D

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

IT WILL BE NICE TO PLAY JACKSON AGAIN.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

It's definitely good to have this game back on the schedule. Both programs have a lot of respect for each other and have had some classic battles over the years. When these two teams get together, you can almost always expect a good, physical game.

This year's Logan team has opened things up more than usual, spreading the field and using their superior athleticism. Jackson has really struggled to defend this type of offense in the past, and especially this season. The Ironmen will have to utilize their running game offensively to control the clock and keep the potent Logan offense off the field. Jackson probably just doesn't have the personnel to shut down the Logan offensive attack, so I'm hoping they can at least limit Logan's opportunities by keeping their offense off the field.

Jackson has struggled the last two weeks, but I feel like this group of seniors should have one last great effort in them. The Ironmen will be facing what I feel is the best team in SE Ohio, so there isn't a better stage to try to accomplish something big. Logan always brings out the best in Jackson...hopefully that will be true next Friday night.

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

Ironman02,
I hope the ironman can perform respectfully in the last 2 games. Understand, when I say this, I mean simply play hard. Friday nights EFFORT was poor as a team. I saw some individuals playing hard, but the team as a whole needs to play hard. Those individuals that choose not to play the game the way it is intended, should excuse themselves from the field and allow someone of lesser talent but greater heart to help those that want to perform and are out there for each other. I stayed to watch the entire game, because I was intrested in seeing who played with HEART. We need a LEADER to step up at QB. I believe this offense could control the ball and keep games close with our defenses intensity. With Huff out, Our QB has to show the leadership to desire sucess for the team. HEART could still pull this team together and finish the season with 2 respectable games, win or lose. WE NEED LEADERSHIP, IF THE LEADERS KNOW OF THOSE WHO AREN"T WILLING TO SACRIFICE FOR THE TEAM, DON"T RELY ON THEM!!!

I will be supporting the Ironmen the entire way!!!

Best of Luck to the Ironmen!!!!!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

old-timer,

I agree with you. If you're not out there giving everything you have on every play, then you shouldn't be out there. Wearing that jersey and playing in Alumni Stadium is an honor. Playing Ironmen football makes you part of a proud tradition that is about more than yourself. If there are players out there that don't appreciate that, then they shouldn't be out there. As coach Wolford has said publicly, the effort against Gallia Academy in the 4th quarter and last week at Ironton, was not at the level it should have been on the whole. He was more positive about the effort in last night's game, but apparently it's still clear that some guys aren't doing what they should.

I feel like there are kids that do play their heart out, just as you said. I hope that they can continue to do the same in the last two weeks and put together a couple positive games to close out the season. But you have to have 11 guys playing together as hard as they can to compete with teams as talented as Ironton, Chillicothe, and Logan.

I've heard that Landrum was pretty impressive at QB in the second half. Do you think there's any chance that he'll get the nod as the starter against Logan?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

GO CHIEFS

ny_buckeyes60
Waterboy

Post by ny_buckeyes60 »

WISH I COULD WATCH THIS ONE. BUT ILL BE AT THE NY -IROTON GAME BUT MY FAITH IN LOGAN BIG CHIEFS WIN BIG IN THIS ONE 35-14

doctorchilly85
Waterboy

Post by doctorchilly85 »

good luck jackson hey cheifs see you in chilly at are d5 stadium on are less than perfect field karma tank class of 85 :twisted:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

doctorchilly85 wrote:good luck jackson hey cheifs see you in chilly at are d5 stadium on are less than perfect field karma tank class of 85 :twisted:

We'll be there man.

I think you meant "our" d5 stadium. It's obvious you're a Chillicothe alum. We're worried about Jackson this week.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Good luck Ironmen ,always pulling a big upset when least expected .Could this be it?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

doctorchilly85 wrote:good luck jackson hey cheifs see you in chilly at are d5 stadium on are less than perfect field karma tank class of 85 :twisted:

If its cheifs it must be willie ^^^^^^

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

yeah logan you just wait till you play on ARE field with ARE team that plays real good like

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

boilermaker wrote:Good luck Ironmen ,always pulling a big upset when least expected .Could this be it?

I agree, who would have picked Jackson over Ironton in 2005? Or over Chillicothe in 2006?

As I said in my first post, I have a ton of respect for the Jackson program and they are always extremely tough to beat in Jackson. Logan will need to work hard and come ready to play this week.

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

Well, I just had to get on here and cheer for the Ironmen.
Is lil Huff done for the season? I am sure it is killing him to stand on the sidelines. He is such a great kid and I loved watching him play in his early years. I used to tease Travis- way back when- that Cody could kick his butt. But Travis did have a great quality....he always showed how much heart he had on the field and off.....always. Good luck to Cody and the Ironmen.

Play hard and play smart..........that is all that can be asked of any team!!

We are in Kent right now for parent weekend. I never thought I would say that I was glad Jared chose baseball- as much as we and he loved football, but I sure can say it now.
He was blessed to play with some very good athletes. I still think those years- had some of the best players on every league team- that I have seen.
Any hoo, just thought I would let all of you know that Jared might be back in the infield again. He has been moved to second (some shortstop) and is learning a new position- and he had better do it rather quickly....lol
He is doing good and has actually picked up some speed.
He was clocked 6.4 in the 60 and 4.3 from home to first (hit then run). I guess they had scouts looking a couple of weeks ago and Jared has been tabbed a "7". I found out this means speed and ability is pro quality? Guess we will see....haha

BTW, can some one call me on my cell and let me know about this game next week.
Loco? 02? anyone?
PM me and I will give you my cell number.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

4theKids,

I don't really know for sure, but I believe there's a good chance that Huff could play this week. I would hate for him to miss the last four games of his senior season, especially after playing so well the first six weeks. He had a chance to put together one of the best individual season rushing totals in recent memory. It's a shame that he has had to miss the last two games.

PM me your cell phone number and I'll let you know how the game goes on Friday.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Logan goes to 9-0 for the season.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... tons of respect for the Jackson football program, not that many years ago when Jared Humphrey & Co. were part of THE football show that was Southeastern Ohio football - Logan, Athens (yes Athens with Grant Gregory), Gallia Academy, Marietta ... the "A" game had to be brought every Football Friday Night - I followed the Red & White of JHS into the post season along with many other "huddlers" ... great kids, families, football , times ...

... my Ouija Board says Jackson has not beaten a team with a winning record yet this season ... teams JHS has beaten (5) have a combined 10-30 record ... in the SEOAL the Ironmen are 2-3 while going 3-0 outside the league ... Huff possibly missing his 3rd game in a row ... take Logan to go 9-0 to set up the showdown in Chillitown on Oct. 24th ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

good luck to both teams
hope huff can make this one

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

MariettaPride21 wrote:yeah logan you just wait till you play on ARE field with ARE team that plays real good like

I wonder what the score will be?

Return to “Football”