Week 9: Logan (8-0, 4-0) AT Jackson (5-3, 2-3)

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Re: Week 9: Logan (8-0, 4-0) AT Jackson (5-3, 2-3)

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

I don't think Jackson will be able to stop Logan. It will be another disappointing week for the Ironmen. Logan has way to much weapons in their arsenal. :-D

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

pfloyd,

Nice to see that you're still lurking around. Things have changed a lot since the days of JJHuddle and the 2003 and 2004 football seasons. Hard to believe that the league had athletes like Humphreys, Johnson, Gregory, Rohr and others all at the same time. The talent level at that time made watching SEOAL football a real treat every Friday night. Some great athletes at the SEOAL schools now as well, but those guys were just unreal.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Chiefs on Friday...haven't watched them since their scrimmage at Circleville. Looks like they have a chance to do some very special things this year. Hopefully the Ironmen can make the most of this opportunity and play well against what I feel is a great football team.

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

I have the same question about Huff.................. With or without him, I think that the Chiefs have too much firepower, but I'm sure everyone in Jackson likes their chances more with him suiting up for the Ironmen.

Hopefully he is healthy and gets the chance to play again.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Having Cody Huff would definitely improve Jackson's chances, in my opinion. He makes Jackson a better team on both sides of the ball. If Huff does play, that might give Jackson a bit of emotional lift. It's always good to see one of your leaders back out on the field with you. Logan is loaded with talent, so with or without Huff, it's going to be a real challenge for Jackson.

That said, I really just want Huff to be back out there as a reward to him. He has been a valuable asset to the Jackson football program and, as I said before, it would be a shame for him to not be able to finish out his senior season on the field with his teammates the next two weeks. If Cody is healthy enough to go, you can bet he'll be out there giving 100% on every down.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'd like to see an intense effort for 48:00 from the Ironmen. Certain Ironmen players stand out for they do go full throttle as much as possible...but some players seem to disappear when things aren't going great.

I will tip my hat to Josh Brown. He's done nothing but play hard every chance he's had. Many of us (including myself) have wanted others to be the QB the past 18 games. But no griping from the senior leader. He has been the QB....the receiver and even in the backfield....with solid performing in all 3 categories. He has gotten stronger and runs far tougher than many of us expected. He had a good thing going in passing to Trace and he's taken big hits and kept getting up. Personally, I think Eric Landrum needs to play in week #9 and #10 as the starting QB as he has been great in his few opportunities and well.....he needs reps for next season and Logan and Zanesville will throw great athletes to help him get valuable experience for next season.

But as a fan of the Ironmen I appreciate how Josh Brown has improved and even more so how he has handled everything the past 2 seasons.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

While I'm at it.

Why does Zach Haller not get many opportunities to run? I have a hard time believing he wouldn't be successful in the Ironmen mix of things offensively.

Even as far back as week #1 he caught the screen pass and rumbled 60 yard down the field for a TD....but was called back for a penalty. I haven't been to every game...but can't recall him getting very many looks at all. I'm guessing with his intensity and size he would be a tough tackle.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Nice post Ironman92. Josh Brown was thrown into the fire last season and it was a learning experience for him. He had his ups and downs, but he stuck with it and did the best he could. With the return of Boggs this season, he has shared time at QB, but he has also contributed whereever he was needed. While at QB, he has done a nice job of running the football and has also made some big plays in the passing game. Josh is a captain and he has acted like one from everything I have seen.

That said, I also would like to see what Landrum can do at QB these last two weeks. On senior night, I'm sure that Boggs and Brown will get their fair share of snaps, but letting Landrum take the reigns the majority of the time might be a good idea to get him some valuable experience. That's entirely up to Coach Wolford and his staff though...just some fans thinking out loud.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

As posted by Army up above on this page:

"Logan in a blowout"

It's easy for you to type these things......how about backing it up.

Give me 7 points and I'll take Jackson.......If I lose I won't post for a week....if you lose then you don't post for a week.

DEAL or Not?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hey keyser soze or Locos (I've been through this with 02)

Can either of you guys assist me here or correct my memory. I was at Logan/Jackson game @ Logan in 1996 or 1997 during the Wolford years as a player. I specifically remember him running for what I thought was 386 yards that night......but I have never got anyone to agree or prove that number correct or incorrect. 02 believes it to be 354 or 352 yards but he's more of a band expert. Are there any old articles that recall the stats of that game?

Thanks

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I say 355. LoganLocos mentioned to me that he's going to give us a definitive answer this week. He's working on some stats from Jackson-Logan games of the past.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

What was his yardage in his final regular game vs Point? 355 jumps out on that one...or was it 342.

I want proof of his definitive answer....unless I'm right then I don't need to see it. lol

Maybe Do You Job remembers that game.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Ironman92,

I'm thinking that Arthur has gotten the bulk of the carries at fullback so that Haller only has to play one way. You keep Haller fresh on defense and you let Arthur gain some experience. I'm not sure if that is the rationale behind it, but that's my guess. Haller could definitely contribute offensively if given the opportunity.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I think the number was 346 at Point. I don't know if we can prove that one right now, but LoganLocos is gonna settle the score once and for all on Shane's total at Logan in 1996.

Since you're in a wagering mood tonight, I say we bet a veal on it. The guy who is closest gets a veal from the other one. My official number is 355...is yours 386?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

You're too tight with Locos....so I don't trust a bet on THAT would be fair.

I agree on the 346 at Point.

One thing making me second guess my 386 number is I THINK that is the game where Shane ran for about a 30 yard TD.....then it was called back and he ran for another 35 yard TD....and it seems it was moved back and he did it for a 3rd straight time.....but maybe I'm misremembering him to be even better than he was.

But if I added his 30 yard initial TD run and didn't subtract it for the penalty than 355 would be right on the number.....but I seem to recall leaving that game and congratulating his Dad on the fence of his tremendous performance....and then hearing it on the postgame stats.

Where you there that night 02? I know you were just a young one then.....but I know you haven't missed many games in your football cheering life.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Come on. I want a free veal! If I add in a mountain dew will you take the bet? lol

Yes, I was definitely there. Just a 7th grader at that point. I was the weird kid who actually watched the game instead of walking around.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I have the answer to settle the bet, atleast I can tell you what the Logan Daily News ran on Saturday morning.

I have a PDF file with the game story and box score from the '96 game and would be glad to email it to either of you, or I can print the box score out and bring it on Friday.

I'll let 92 decide if he wants 386 or another number before I post what the Daily News reported.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I definitely would like a copy of that. Apparently Ironman92 will NEED it for proof. lol

I'm kinda worried now though. If I was dead on, Locos probably would have went ahead and told the answer. Maybe my memory isn't as good as I thought. This could get interesting now.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I want the answer you have Locos. My betting history is abissmal on all levels.....and I haven't had a MT Dew since 11/2/07......so that doesn't help me as I'm going to make it a year before I break.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If I had to guess another answer I'd say 384.

C'mon Locos....what did the Logan paper report?

Don't make me bring Randy Heath into this!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Here is a link to the Daily News article:

http://www.loganfootball.com/ldn1996-10 ... ackson.pdf

I'm afraid 02 will buying for 92.

The LDN reported 26 carries, 372 yards, and 4 TDs. I think Shane had 5 TDs in the '97 game at Jackson giving him a whopping NINE touchdowns against Logan in his junior and senior seasons...WOW.

Return to “Football”