Week 9- east @ green

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Re: Week 9- east @ green

Post by Mercerville Monster »

East - 42
Green - 6

#3 for Green is tough and pretty quick but East D will contain him and hold him to small yardage carries. But if I was an East fan I wouldnt be surprised if I woke up and seen that I was 5th in Region 24.

Tartan34boy
Riding the Bench

Post by Tartan34boy »

seing to it that i see minister faling in the next to weeks that should make things easyer on us and that mechanicsburg has not an easy next couple of games that helps but your right that could happen but im gonna change my scoor cos if the starters are staying in for allmost the hole game WATCH OUT~ EAST:64
GREEN 20

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

mercerville monster wrote:East - 42
Green - 6

#3 for Green is tough and pretty quick but East D will contain him and hold him to small yardage carries. But if I was an East fan I wouldnt be surprised if I woke up and seen that I was 5th in Region 24.

I think you are right on this mercerville monster. It wouldn't suprise me to see them in 5th place in the Region! But, if they win out; I think they will be either 3rd or 4th and of course get the home-field playoff game! I think we would either play; Springfield Catholic Central or Covington! I would like to see us get SCC in the first round! I do believe we can play with this team! And, it would be great that East's first playoff game win was against OHSAA's all-time playoff appearance team in the state!

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

I think you are right on this mercerville monster. It wouldn't suprise me to see them in 5th place in the Region! But, if they win out; I think they will be either 3rd or 4th and of course get the home-field playoff game! I think we would either play; Springfield Catholic Central or Covington! I would like to see us get SCC in the first round! I do believe we can play with this team! And, it would be great that East's first playoff game win was against OHSAA's all-time playoff appearance team in the state!

SCC only has 7 playoff appearances, you probably got them confused with Newark Catholic who has 30 appearances, 8 state titles and 4 runner ups. PRETTY IMPRESSIVE.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

battlecats wrote:

SCC only has 7 playoff appearances, you probably got them confused with Newark Catholic who has 30 appearances, 8 state titles and 4 runner ups. PRETTY IMPRESSIVE.

I did! Thanks for the correction! Don't want to play Newark Catholic yet! :lol:

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

yes, yes indeed......the Tartans better enjoy SOC I play. They won't make it far in the playoffs with some of the powerhouses they are going to face. Nothing against East but their schedule has been to soft. Still 3 SOCs in a row will be good. Not much competition since Valley left SOC I though. East is the class of the conference.

TH3

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

battlecats wrote:

This post brought back a memory ;Newark Catholic pulled up to Allard park.The coach got off first,head shaved,(and not popular in those days) wearing a long, black, omnious coat to his feet,flowing freely( it was 80 degrees ,wore it entire game).The kids got off and marched perfectly like little soldiers across field played and swamped East AND THESE WERE SECOND GRADERS!!!! :lol: :lol: Was early 80's.Told me they take football seriously.After my son started playing for Burg in high school every time we came against NC in play offs in my mind we were beat before the game and usually after game too.

VernonHowell
Waterboy

Post by VernonHowell »

Strength of schedule is included in playoff seeding.

I still see my Tartans winning a playoff game in week 11.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/~salem/Docu ... otball.pdf

An explanation of how the Harbin System that ranks playoff teams works.

Waterboy

Post by 6886 »

The Tartans need to realize that anything is possible do not overlook green and get off to a bad start, that could set some of those egos in a tail spin leading to total shock and awe s#!t! The offense and defense has the talent and that is no secret but anything is possible. Two years ago the rain soaked field was a factor and if we were to get those conditions again our speed would be restricted. Who am I kidding? Rain or shine does not matter the forecast calls for total destruction of Green.Hoods THUNDEROUS arm will connect with Garretts LIGHTNING fast speed with Mault,Stringer,Howard and Rawlins bringing a strong wind advisory BLOWING the offense out !!!!! Yes residents of Franklin Furnace take cover because a vicious storm is in route leaving nothing but LOSS in its path GO GET EM BOYS!!!!!!!!!

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

From the look of it, rain is on the way...whether it is a quick hit or a long rain is yet to be seen. The rain could effect both teams speed and change their game plan depending on the field.

california kid
Varsity

Post by california kid »

that game two years ago was a heartbreaker if we would have we would have gotten a share of the soc :cry:

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

the rain has hit, hopefully it doesnt stay long

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

EastBeast06 wrote:By the way, what are some of Hood's QB stats for the year?

880 passing,around 50-60 rushing yards.1 td run.
If I am way off Axe will correct these figures.
Probably 200+called back on penalties.Playing time listed below.
1.NW played most of game.
2.Southeastern, 2nd half
3.Matewan, all of game.
4.Buffalo, all of game.
5.Manchester,1st quarter only with one pass(completed)
6.Oak HIll, taken out in 4th(early)
7.Symmes Valley,taken out early 4th or late in the 3rd.
8.South Gallia,taken out early in 4th.

I really think he has more rushing yards than this, low guesstimate.

Axe feel free to add anything.I am clueless on number of TD passes etc.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

EAST 2005-2008 wrote:
EastBeast06 wrote:By the way, what are some of Hood's QB stats for the year?

880 passing,around 50-60 rushing yards.1 td run.
If I am way off Axe will correct these figures.
Probably 200+called back on penalties.Playing time listed below.
1.NW played most of game.
2.Southeastern, 2nd half
3.Matewan, all of game.
4.Buffalo, all of game.
5.Manchester,1st quarter only with one pass(completed)
6.Oak HIll, taken out in 4th(early)
7.Symmes Valley,taken out early 4th or late in the 3rd.
8.South Gallia,taken out early in 4th.

I really think he has more rushing yards than this, low guesstimate.

Axe feel free to add anything.I am clueless on number of TD passes etc.

I'm still working on the numbers! It may be the middle of next week before I have concise and accurate numbers! My source is not so much re-sourcefull right now!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tartanblue wrote:the rain has hit, hopefully it doesnt stay long

I thought you liked watching games in the rain? :razz:

Tartan34boy
Riding the Bench

Post by Tartan34boy »

well looks DRY for the game now but coldso bundle up! and lets watch a wopen unleash

go tartans!~

oooooo and just to let you guys no ima change my user name to tartan true cos i guess i have david blars number and people are talking to him hes getin mad

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

biggdowgg wrote:
Tartanblue wrote:the rain has hit, hopefully it doesnt stay long

I thought you liked watching games in the rain? :razz:

Nah not really, I can handle a little sprinkle of rain but not what we normally get the weel of Green. Rather have cold than rain....although cold enough and we get snow which would be nice.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

I would go and watch high school football in any weather! Rain, heat, snow, cold, hot, blizzard, hurricane, tornado, lighting, floods, high altitudes, sandstorms, typhoons, wild fires! Did I mention that I would go watch a high school football game under just about any conditions! :lol:

Return to “Football”