Week 9: (8-0) Wheelersburg @ (3-5) Waverly

1fan1
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 9: (8-0) Wheelersburg @ (3-5) Waverly

Post by 1fan1 »

Waverly waaaayyy down from previous two years, sans Wells and the large group of excellent players that surrounded him. (Still, they do have a great athletic player or two, just not the same at all.) The Tigers are still looking for a way to establish a program year in and year out. A great team for two years is not necessarily a program What is that key?
They gotta be wondering how it is b/c great qb's will come and go, but how can a program show up year after year after year? Waverly has the numbers, and the desire, but how can they make it happen??? Still searching for the answers.

Burg and that Program will show up and win by three or four TD's, maybe even more: rain or shine. Pirates should win, setting up the big showdown with West. Here they are again, year after year, in the "showdown game" of the year: Go, Pirates!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

cal preps:

Wheelersburg 44
Waverly 14

after the last 3 weeks losin to minford 42-14, west 49-0 and valley 42-14. i think the tigers will be in for another long night. 42-7 burg

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

the program lol thats freaking hilarious maybe they will make a movie called the program wait they already did lol lets see the story line for the movie THE PROGRAM was what, win at all costs is that what your saying that whatever it takes to win do it, forget ethics, morals, MANNERS, RESPECT for your opponents and your definately not showing the last 2 then you can keep the PROGRAM were doing just fine up here in Waverly. Go tigers have a good game and I hope for an injury free game

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

The Waverly Fighting Tigers have gave up it looks like. They looked like they were done before they got stated last week at Valley. Burg by how every many they choose.

pirate4ever
Waterboy

Post by pirate4ever »

crazymidgets wrote:the program lol thats freaking hilarious maybe they will make a movie called the program wait they already did lol lets see the story line for the movie THE PROGRAM was what, win at all costs is that what your saying that whatever it takes to win do it, forget ethics, morals, MANNERS, RESPECT for your opponents and your definately not showing the last 2 then you can keep the PROGRAM were doing just fine up here in Waverly. Go tigers have a good game and I hope for an injury free game

Holly Crap! You read way to much into that post. Seriously!!!!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

What was that about crazymidgets?

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

guess the arrogance got the best of me lol

VernonHowell
Waterboy

Post by VernonHowell »

I see this game presenting Burg the perfect opportunity to rest its starters after playing them about 2.5 quarters.

My prediction,

Burg 48, Waverly 15

1fan1
Riding the Bench

Post by 1fan1 »

Wow. That certainly was an over reaction! ;-)
Sorry, if I hit a nerve. I really didn't mean that much in it at all. Wish Waverly good luck with building a program themselves.
Just saying.... I am just proud of our Pirates-- high school kids and adults-- over the years and their winning records/traditions and attitudes, the kids and the coaches' work ethics, the coaching staffs and boosters who have year in and year out put in many, many extra hours and run things at small college level (NOT saying anything against anyone at Waverly, don't even know who is or has ever coached there or how things are done there, don't really care,, so DO"T read between the lines something that is NOT there) and I have been proud of the program at Wheelersburg for 20-30 years....and so is the entire town. Nothing more.
Don't read things into a little ole post about a little ole high school football team on a board thread with about six or seven readers when criticism is not there. When other programs or teams get there (27 or 28 SOC Championships in football---for many, many years with different coaches and players and sustain a high level, then GREAT! I hope they too say they are proud of it. Off hand, I am sure Ironton feels exactly the same way. Others, too.
Chill out.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

crazymidgets, i think they already made a movie about high school football in ohio, it was the Martin Ferry purple raiders. Check on espn and you can find it. Burg doesnt rate that high. But we have done pretty good in our time. I was glad to be part of it! Good luck to Waverly, they are always a beast for Burg to beat any year. This yr shouldnt be any different, no matter the records. Burg 21- 7

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Waverly is a extremely dangerous team. If things fall into place they are a threat to score quickly. Problems are they give up too many points as the defense cannot stop the run. OL suspect at times as well.

Another test for the Pirates pass defense this week and to contain Roback.

I truely believe if the Pirates stay focused, play with emotion and not overlook the tigers this week they should win the ball game.

Pirates tame the Tigers and move to 9-0 on the season.

Pirates 34
Tigers 14

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I don't think anything you said, 1fan1, was out of line nor did it hit a nerve. Regardless of how we (Waverly sports fans) feel about "The Burg", we have to respect and admire the TOTAL PACKAGE of Wheelersburg Schools. Their academics are excellent (which should be of most importance) and their sports teams excel year in and year out.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

oh im chill just when someone says they THE PROGRAM will be coming friday just sounds pretty arrogant, there are a lot of schools out there with multiple state championships who can post a claim as the PROGRAM and no offence to Wheelersburg and a fine tradition but they just dont come to mind personally to me ( Princeton, Moeller, Mooney, St.Henry, Newark Catholic, St X. Maria Stein) to name a few did. And to knock what another school is doing and I quote (a school that has a great 2 yrs is not necessarily a program) unquote thats a knock, the coachs are working really hard and have had good success and generally yr in and out is wheelersburgs biggest competition in the soc2, and Walls spelled with an a isnt the first qb. to come out of Waverly, we have had a long line of very good qbs if your not familiar with them start talking to the guys who have played Waverly over the last 25 yrs and they will name them for you. Have a good day

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

**BUCKEYESHOTS.COM** will be at your game this Friday during the first half of the game. Picture requests can be made via email or phone: branch.42@osu.edu or 740-646-9372. Thanks!

http://www.buckeyeshots.com

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

crazymidgets wrote:oh im chill just when someone says they THE PROGRAM will be coming friday just sounds pretty arrogant, there are a lot of schools out there with multiple state championships who can post a claim as the PROGRAM and no offence to Wheelersburg and a fine tradition but they just dont come to mind personally to me ( Princeton, Moeller, Mooney, St.Henry, Newark Catholic, St X. Maria Stein) to name a few did. And to knock what another school is doing and I quote (a school that has a great 2 yrs is not necessarily a program) unquote thats a knock, the coachs are working really hard and have had good success and generally yr in and out is wheelersburgs biggest competition in the soc2, and Walls spelled with an a isnt the first qb. to come out of Waverly, we have had a long line of very good qbs if your not familiar with them start talking to the guys who have played Waverly over the last 25 yrs and they will name them for you. Have a good day

Ahh, you're just disgruntled about a bad season. In Southern Ohio, Ironton and Wheelersburg are THE PROGRAMS.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

yeah thats it lol, oh did you hear James Caan will be in southern ohio next week shooting his new movie its called The Program 2 its all about his next job after getting fired, he's at a new school called Ironburg C.C its gonna be a dandy lol critics say it will be even better than the 1st. lol now thats funny

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

The Burg goes 9-0

burggrad_2000
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad_2000 »

chicken_coop wrote:
crazymidgets wrote:oh im chill just when someone says they THE PROGRAM will be coming friday just sounds pretty arrogant, there are a lot of schools out there with multiple state championships who can post a claim as the PROGRAM and no offence to Wheelersburg and a fine tradition but they just dont come to mind personally to me ( Princeton, Moeller, Mooney, St.Henry, Newark Catholic, St X. Maria Stein) to name a few did. And to knock what another school is doing and I quote (a school that has a great 2 yrs is not necessarily a program) unquote thats a knock, the coachs are working really hard and have had good success and generally yr in and out is wheelersburgs biggest competition in the soc2, and Walls spelled with an a isnt the first qb. to come out of Waverly, we have had a long line of very good qbs if your not familiar with them start talking to the guys who have played Waverly over the last 25 yrs and they will name them for you. Have a good day

Ahh, you're just disgruntled about a bad season. In Southern Ohio, Ironton and Wheelersburg are THE PROGRAMS.

WOW! That says a LOT, but i have to agree with you!

I look for the BURG to be ready for the Tigers! Look for a score a lot like last year
BURG 42 Waverly 7

BURG 9-0!

Good LUCK PIRATES!

We are...The BURG!!!!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Waverly is going to come out agressive and run the spread, so the verdict of this game will depend on how well, or how quickly wheelersburg handles or shuts down the spread.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

internet broadcast?

Return to “Football”